ADVERTISEMENT

MC vs LA...... What should we expect?

Game will come down to MC's offensive line. If they play well, I see a moderate sized win. If not, it will be interesting.

Ultimately, LA's weakness if their secondary. (not bad by any means, but not at the level as the rest of the position group).

My Pick MC 42, LA 30

So,
I am not a CCL guy but respect the league and both programs tremendously. I think this game is huge. Maybe the biggest game ever in the Blue history. Why? Well you have 2 undefeated teams with both having a long history of success. If that’s not enough, both teams have great coaches who know how to win at a high level. Two proud programs at the top of their game 8-0 and playing for the conference title. This has all the makings of a unbelievable game. It wouldn’t surprise me if some fans think this game is bigger than winning a state title. It’s that big! Who wins? I don’t know.
On MC side you have a ton of returning starters from a year ago. They are hungry! On the LA side, well they just reload! LA has home field advantage and that means something, in my book it’s worth at least 3 points 😜.
I wish both teams good luck! This is Illinois HS football and we take a back seat to nobody!

Go Caravan!
Go Ramblers!
👍

"Their fans will be wearing Izods and turtlenecks, barbecueing and having a grand old time," Lenti says. "There is nothing better than going to someone else's house and taking it over."

Izod's are so yesterday's news, we all wear Johnnie-O, made by LA Alum John O'Donnell '83 lol

Reactions: MS4EVER and HRCJR
That was a home game.
You're right...my brain is fried. I remember it being a Saturday afternoon in my mind so just assumed it was in Wilmette. I do recall some bad TOs and wasted scoring threats for the Dons. Oh well.

Either way, can't wait to be in Wilmette on Saturday.

Reactions: RockSoup and eireog
I believe the finals weekend is on ME-Tv, so you wouldn't need NFHS, Even so, the playoffs begin Oct 28, and those finals are Nov 25 and 26. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (and has anyone ever given that a second thought?)
I’ll have to check if it’s a 30 day subscription. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: RockSoup
MC vs. Loyola Last 10 regular season games

- Loyola leads with 7 wins and 3 losses

MC Last 10 trips to Loyola
** playoff game

- ‘20 35-17 Loyola (spring season)

- ‘18 17-12 MC

- ‘17 31-7 Loyola

- ‘15 49-21 Loyola

- ‘13 24-17 Loyola (Saturday start, Sunday finish)

- ‘11 12-7 Loyola

- ‘10 31-24 (OT) MC

- ‘09 24-7 Loyola **

- ‘07 31-24 ( 2 OT) MC

- ‘05 21-3 MC

Loyola leads with 6 wins and 4 losses.

Source - The Frank Kiszka Memorial Media Guide and Record Book

Will MC start to turn the tide Saturday in Wilmette?

Reactions: Silver Rain
I would expect a football game followed by a bunch of guys from the Southside arguing on a message board with at least one mention of Brother Rice’s tiny visitor stands randomly tossed in.
Awesome! Best post of the 2022 season!

Reactions: Jenny27
With the weather looking awesome, I might have to take the trip and check this game out. Any suggestions on food, breweries, etc in the area?

I do not expect a Running Rolex game - should be as tight as Mister Burns, who, rumor has it, maintains a large lakefront property on the Northshore.
images

"Their fans will be wearing Izods and turtlenecks, barbecueing and having a grand old time," Lenti says. "There is nothing better than going to someone else's house and taking it over."

Izod's are so yesterday's news, we all wear Johnnie-O, made by LA Alum John O'Donnell '83 lol
That all looks sharp but IDK if I could afford their buttons.

#southsideScratcher4life

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Borrowed from a 1993 Paul Sullivan Tribune article written in a day-in-the-life manner.
As corrected earlier, no pizza delivery references in this one.
Has much changed?

It is game day at Mt. Carmel. Like so many places where football is king, athletes and coaches alike prepare by tossing around fighting words like Frisbees.

Each team has its own unique approach to game day. This is how Mt. Carmel prepared last Saturday for Loyola.

Game day starts around 8 a.m., when players file into the school for taping. They will wander over to the nearby practice field and watch the first quarter of the Loyola-Mt. Carmel freshman game before heading to chapel service.

At 10:30, the first of several team meetings takes place in a first-floor classroom. The defensive unit heads in first while a student marches up to the blackboard and hangs up a banner.

"It takes a little more to be a Champion," reads the slogan for a sporting goods company.

For six minutes, no one in the room makes a sound, with only the rain on the windows breaking the silence. Then the defensive coaches make their entrances: line coach John Potocki in front followed by defensive coordinator Dave Lenti, the head coach's brother, and linebackers coach Pete Kammholz.

Lenti goes over defensive assignments and reminds players that Loyola is a team that likes trick plays, particularly on second down with short yardage.

The smallest details are brought up, such as the expected emotional reaction of the players when they board the team bus to begin the 30-mile trip up the Edens Expressway to Loyola.

"Don't burn a lot of energy on the bus getting all excited," Lenti warns. "After a while you'll see the Old Orchard Road exit and you know we're close, and then Lake Avenue. Then you start getting focused."

Toward the end of his remarks, Lenti launches the opening verbal assault on the North Shore, the area Loyola calls home.

The us-versus-them theme will be repeated in the next meeting, when Potocki gives a "demographics" lesson to the offense.

"If you study Chicago history," Potocki says, "you'll find that the people who got a little more money usually moved up north. Now, your ancestors lived on the South Side, and they worked hard all their lives. Nothing was ever given to them. That work ethic, that mental toughness and physical toughness, it's something that is ingrained in us."
MC won that game that year. Loyola went on to win a state title while MC went on to win the Prep Bowl.

I'm good with that.

Somebody said something to me today that seemed pretty spot on.

Brother Rice and Marist is a great appetizer to a fantastic main course LA nd MC

Weather looks great Rice and Loyola stadiums will be rocking

Somebody said something to me today that seemed pretty spot on.

Brother Rice and Marist is a great appetizer to a fantastic main course LA nd MC

Weather looks great Rice and Loyola stadiums will be rocking
These two games combined will make for the best football all season!

I’ll add the 1989 #1 SR vs #2 MC in week 9 matchup to the list. Defensive battle that went SR’s way late in the game. MC lost the battle, but won the war by winning the State Championship a month later.
McCaravan:

My first MC-SR game. To this day, it is the finest high school game I ever saw.

Those two teams beat the sh*t out of each other.

From those who are neutral on this game ,I expect to see some meaningful film of two teams experiencing some adversity vs a foe. This is the best time to gather some real game films to study. Let’s hope for a good game!

LA guys - do any of you know if LA will be doing their normal streaming of the game this week? I am out of state and have no access to WCIU?

Never seen Loyola play, however I assume their big and disciplined. I hear they will line up two tight ends and attempt to keep the ball away from MC? And based on the Rice game, I expect them to attack MC’s secondary early and often.
But how will the Loyola dee handle MC’s air raid? I can’t wait

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT