ADVERTISEMENT

MC Up 28-19 3Q 4:52

If Flyer loses, they have top-10 nationally ranked St. Francis the following week at the Classic. Week 3 is in Atascocita Texas. AND, no Week 9 game.

What if Iose becomes the World Beater we all expect and rips off Pop's arms in Week 8?

No playoffs for Flyer.

BTW - who else is in the Classic this year?

I don’t think a 7A school losing a top 25 nationally ranked 6A school will ruin their confidence too much. They won’t be happy, but their ultimate goal is to win the last game in November.
I agree it won't ruin, but it will sting. ESL is a 5A school that petitions up. Usual enrollment around 1200 counting girls. MC enrollment roughly 1900 boys. MC definitely the favorite in this one. I just hope it is as entertaining as it sounds.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
If Flyer loses, they have top-10 nationally ranked St. Francis the following week at the Classic. Week 3 is in Atascocita Texas. AND, no Week 9 game.

What if Iose becomes the World Beater we all expect and rips off Pop's arms in Week 8?

No playoffs for Flyer.

BTW - who else is in the Classic this year?
They would still go 5-3 and make the playoffs as the conference representative.

Reactions: DazeWork
ESTL does not have anyone on defense that will stop the Running game and the QB can run better than last years .
To many weapons for Mt.Carmel
Also ESTL lost the whole line and don't say they replaced it .
This years team not even close to last years .
When they lose this week I can see 5-3

Reactions: Silver Rain
I can tell you on one hand how many games MC lost by 24 points in the last 40 years. This won’t be one of them! This team is too talented to get bested by 7 let alone 24
I agree,
I have this game being very close. It really could go either way. I think MC wins a tight game, but if this game turns into a blowout it will be MC winning. I don’t see MC getting blown out by anyone. They are well coached and are a very disciplined team/program. You are just not going to blowout this team. IMO this will be a tight scoring game and although either team can win this game, i think MC squeaks this one out.

I agree,
I have this game being very close. It really could go either way. I think MC wins a tight game, but if this game turns into a blowout it will be MC winning. I don’t see MC getting blown out by anyone. They are well coached and are a very disciplined team/program. You are just not going to blowout this team. IMO this will be a tight scoring game and although either team can win this game, i think MC squeaks this one out.
CBC, a national ranked team, had never been blown out either. But hey we’ll see.

Does anyone know what the ticket process is? Can I pay cash at window or is there an app in which tickets must be purchased?

ESTL does not have anyone on defense that will stop the Running game and the QB can run better than last years .
Go do a little researching then tell me if they didn’t replace those olineman with very solid pieces I’ll be back to this post after next week

What are you basing we can’t stop the run on? Were you getting any of this information from? This is laughable! I hear through the grapevine this is the best defense in years. Shhhh

Reactions: crusader_of_90
CBC, a national ranked team, had never been blown out either. But hey we’ll see.
Lot of similar talk from ESL fans on this board in 2017 and 2018, but hey, we’ll see what happens

What are you basing we can’t stop the run on? Were you getting any of this information from? This is laughable! I hear through the grapevine this is the best defense in years. Shhhh
After next week if I'm wrong I will admit it.
If I'm correct which I will be no excuses .
ESTL will not stop Dupree or Manning when they key on Dupree .

Lot of similar talk from ESL fans on this board in 2017 and 2018, but hey, we’ll see what happens
No it was not In 17 we had a backup qb and in 18 our main guy was hurt. So real ESL ppl knew it was going to be tough

After next week if I'm wrong I will admit it.
If I'm correct which I will be no excuses .
ESTL will not stop Dupree or Manning when they key on Dupree .
Maybe, maybe not. But esl has a handful of new starters who will play d1 football.

And I'm pretty sure mc lost alot from last years team too that they will have to replace

Maybe, maybe not. But esl has a handful of new starters who will play d1 football.

And I'm pretty sure mc lost alot from last years team too that they will have to replace
MC players who have committed or have legit offers

Darrion Dupree RB- committed Wisconsin, Alabama just offered though

Alonzo Manning RB- committed to Navy

Darrion Gilliam WR- Committed to Toledo

Maurice Densmore WR- D1 offers

Raqueef Katumbusi OL- D1 offers

Alex Poholik OL- committed to Minnesota St.

Tavon Rice DL- committed to UMD

DJ Williams DL- D1 Offers

Parker Startz LB- Committed to Ohio U.

Charles Miles DB- Committed to Western Michigan

Jayden Jones DB- D1 offers

Dillion Conway- DB- D1 offers

Javy Payne DB- D1 offers

That’s a helluva reload! Entire secondary D1….Several others with NCAA offers. Still think ESL by 24 anyone??

Javy Payne DB- D1 offers

That’s a helluva reload! Entire secondary D1….Several others with NCAA offers. Still think ESL by 24 anyone??

Interesting that now" D1 offers mean the team is good. How many D1 offers did Kenwood have versus Lamont last year? College offers isn't the measuring stick for great high school ball players.

ESL has just as many D1 kids if not more. Not sure the point in bringing that up. All the names listed will have their opportunity to stamp themselves next Saturday. Looking forward to game. Great for Iliniois High School football.

Also, it never fails on this board with the Discipline talk in reference to an all black school. The midwest will always be the midwest. I don't know too many undisciplined teams that have 10 State Championships. Do you?

Last edited:
What's interesting is "now" D1 offers mean the team is good. How many D1 offers did Kenwood have versus Lamont last year? College offers isn't the measuring stick for great high school ball players.

ESL has just as many D1 kids if not more. Not sure the point in bringing that up. All the names listed will have their opportunity to stamp themselves next Saturday. Looking forward to game. Great for Iliniois High School football.

Also, it never fails on this board with the Discipline talk in reference to an all black school. The midwest will always be the midwest. I don't know too many undisciplined teams that have 10 State Championships. Do you?
I never mentioned anything about them being undisciplined, MC had so many penalties last year and it was uncharacteristic and I hope it wont occur again. My response was a reply to a persons who said ESL lost players and rebuilt with good players and said MC had to replace a lot and was saying they are loaded this year with talent. And your right there are tons of schools with D1 heavy rosters that go nowhere but MC isn’t one of those schools and they obviously have the track record to prove that. They are a proven system and coaching staff their that many other of these schools like Kenwood doesn’t have. So when MC is loaded with talent, they’re scary good.

Javy Payne DB- D1 offers

Esl def backs are just as good as any team in the state. Powell, bass, Jackson and Bradford all have d1 offers too. Legrant, Harrison and gillian and franklin in the front 7 will all play college football.

They also have a qb, 2 rb and 2 wr with d1 offers.

Esl def backs are just as good as any team in the state. Powell, bass, Jackson and Bradford all have d1 offers too. Legrant, Harrison and gillian and franklin in the front 7 will all play college football.

They also have a qb, 2 rb and 2 wr with d1 offers.
I’m sure they do, these schools very rarely rebuild, they reload.

The real news:

HOW DO WE WATCH THIS?

Please tell me not NFHS. Can’t believe a network in the Chicago market hasn’t.

The ESL DB's will not be a factor in the
game as MC game plans around them. The Caravan returns to their roots. Controlling the line of scrimmage they feature their D1 running backs, running at the heart of the ESL defense. Sorry Flyer posters. I love reading your stuff, just don't see a win

MC 35
ESL 27

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT