ADVERTISEMENT

MC/SR Interesting Situations

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
Both are 4 - 4 going into the final week of the regular season. MC plays a CCL Blue rival, while SR plays a non-conference game against crossover Marmion. I thought Rita would be in this position, but with a different path. As for MC, I am shocked. Which scenario plays out?

1. They both win to make 7A playoffs very interesting, especially with a probable 26,27 or 28th seed?
2. They both lose and only two CCL Blue teams make the playoffs--not good.
3. Slight favorite Rita wins, while slight favorite MC loses.
4. Or vise-versa from #3.
5. A scenario in which both teams make the playoffs, and because of the tough grueling CCL Blue, we assume they kick arse in Round 1. However, in reality, both are snake-bitten and the Prep Bowl has meaning again!

Both are 4 - 4 going into the final week of the regular season. MC plays a CCL Blue rival, while SR plays a non-conference game against crossover Marmion. I thought Rita would be in this position, but with a different path. As for MC, I am shocked. Which scenario plays out?

1. They both win to make 7A playoffs very interesting, especially with a probable 26,27 or 28th seed?
5. A scenario in which both teams make the playoffs, and because of the tough grueling CCL Blue, we assume they kick arse in Round 1. However, in reality, both are snake-bitten and the Prep Bowl has meaning again!
Heard MC is out already due to points. True? I know they played public team & Gary Ind team & DePaul so I guess it's possible.

Both teams at least have a lot to play for - Rita getting back into the playoffs after being out last year and MC to keep the playoff string alive. Marmion at Marmion is no gimme but I still think Rita takes how they played last week vs Rice and gets a road W. As long as they don't turn over the ball. As for MC, they should be a Provy team which to me is one of the biggest disappointments this year - with Drake, Warfield and Malone I thought they'd at least be 5-4 minimum. Will Provy Seniors come to play?

If they do both lose when was then last time mc,pc,sr,jca, and bolingbrook all didn't make them playoffs. I guessing they answer to that ? Is that it has never happened.

Perhaps back when only one CCL conference (south and north) and one ESCC were getting bids. But I think JCA won the ESCC conference title something crazy for years. Still you could be very right about it being never. I still think both MC and SR win this weekend

Heard MC is out already due to points. True? I know they played public team & Gary Ind team & DePaul so I guess it's possible.

That public league team, Taft, is 7-1. MC had 39 playoff points entering week nine. Whoever told you that is pretty clueless.

Reactions: NNFAN
IF they both play error free football they BOTH can win. But Marmion is a good team playing at home. They have qualified for the playoffs already.

PC on the other hand is out of the playoffs. PC has passed playing in the Prep Bowl in the past. This is it for their seniors. If PC play with the attitude lets get this over with MC could roll them handily. If the PC seniors come out and play with their hair on fire with the attitude lets go out winners they can make a game of it. But in the end MC still puts up the W.

That public league team, Taft, is 7-1. MC had 39 playoff points entering week nine. Whoever told you that is pretty clueless.
Yup... their non-conference opponents actually have a (combined) winning record. Getting Taft (and all those playoff points) in non-conference was huge.

So now that the regular season is almost at an end I'm going to ask the question that left so many scratching their heads this summer. Why on earth would a young many with unlimited offers and chances to play any position on the field at MC transfer to play at IMG while having a parent that is a prominent person in the media remain living in Chicago? I have no beef with the transfer because I believe a kid should get a one time transfer whereever he wants without penalty against play in the IHSA system, but there has to be something more to the transfer. I've been on campus at IMG and it is impressive and will prepare him for college play, but it lacks many of the intangibles like the possibility to play for a state title! Again I'm just scratching my head.

So now that the regular season is almost at an end I'm going to ask the question that left so many scratching their heads this summer. Why on earth would a young many with unlimited offers and chances to play any position on the field at MC transfer to play at IMG while having a parent that is a prominent person in the media remain living in Chicago? I have no beef with the transfer because I believe a kid should get a one time transfer whereever he wants without penalty against play in the IHSA system, but there has to be something more to the transfer. I've been on campus at IMG and it is impressive and will prepare him for college play, but it lacks many of the intangibles like the possibility to play for a state title! Again I'm just scratching my head.
More colleges check out IMG than any other school in the country, almost every starter goes mid or high major. More offers most likely at IMG, if that is the priority.

NNFan,

I get that but he left with over 20 power five offers including the likes of Florida, Georgia, FSU, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc...

Why transfer to only play in 3 games to date that were blowouts?

More colleges check out IMG than any other school in the country, almost every starter goes mid or high major. More offers most likely at IMG, if that is the priority.

Reactions: Cross Bones
NNFan,

I get that but he left with over 20 power five offers including the likes of Florida, Georgia, FSU, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc...

Why transfer to only play in 3 games to date that were blowouts?
Kid was going to pick where he played regardless of his HS. My guess would be he simply wanted that experience.

Cross Bones,

I hear what your saying but he didn't sign on to only play 3 games in garbage time of blow outs as a Jr. The work outs I'm sure are paying dividends but with a fixed 11game schedule and no oppurtunities to extend that with playoffs it seems like a waste of talent when your buried on the depth chart.

Kid was going to pick where he played regardless of his HS. My guess would be he simply wanted that experience.

Cross Bones,

I hear what your saying but he didn't sign on to only play 3 games in garbage time of blow outs as a Jr. The work outs I'm sure are paying dividends but with a fixed 11game schedule and no oppurtunities to extend that with playoffs it seems like a waste of talent when your buried on the depth chart.

I agree, and I wouldnt do it... If he is unhappy, his dad can buy a house or rent an apartment in The Brook and we'd be happy to have him

In my mind it's simple. He wanted to enroll in college after first semester sr year

You can do this anywhere if you have the credit hours, so this doesn't solidify the stance.

In another thread a few months ago someone said a lot of the private schools in IL don't allow early graduation. Something about getting a special waiver/approval and that 4 full years of religious Ed was a requirement for graduation from Catholic private schools? If that was accurate - might be a reason to transfer if he wanted to early enroll in college in the spring next year?

Reactions: chief1968
In another thread a few months ago someone said a lot of the private schools in IL don't allow early graduation. Something about getting a special waiver/approval and that 4 full years of religious Ed was a requirement for graduation from Catholic private schools? If that was accurate - might be a reason to transfer if he wanted to early enroll in college in the spring next year?
That could be a growth opportunity for an online religious education provider, or at least a campus area local catholic high school i.e. St. Thomas More in Champaign, Watterson in Columbus, Knoxville Catholic et al to agree to provide a "bridge" program over Christmas break or with x month of graduation and have internal football program consequences tied to non-compliance.

Somewhere else in the blog, it was said Woodstock Marian CC allowed early graduation - maybe they jam the 4th quarter over some weekends or they need to hold onto whatever talent that comes across, figuring that a full boat paying guy has still paid 87.5 % (7/8s) of the expected 100% of educational cost versus the 70% financial aid guy.

Now cross that's technically what the bus drops off but only with recruiting. As long as your willing to success factor everyone and stop the splitting discussions I'm good with this.
I dont like the SF for anyone. I prefer to have the schools classified correctly before they dominate. I agree with @JCHILLTOPPERS opinion on the SF. When do you know when it's the right class, when they lose? That's not right. And what about the team you push down, arent they now in the wrong class?

Really interesting, never heard of this type of rotation. Interesting as well that all his stats are from the blow out games. Must just be a coincidence. Where did you catch this info from Twitter or Facebook?

I wouldn't say he's "buried on the depth chart". He currently starts every other game at IMG (which sounds weird, I know, but that is directly from the mouth -- or should I say fingertips -- of the young man in question).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT