ADVERTISEMENT

MC-Naz got some social media callout

JCHillmen

Nov 30, 2001
If you scroll to this past Tuesday on the Sportscenter Facebook feed.

it is titled “the opponent really gave him CPR after he was hit out of nowhere.”

it is the video of the naz player cheap shotting an MC player and the MC players subsequent Oscar worthy flop.

what I didn’t catch live and only noticed for the first time on that post was that a different Naz player dropped down to the MC player laying on the ground and acted out CPR chest compressions for about two seconds.

I don’t know whether I am supposed to be amused or saddened at the whole 30 second exchange.

Naz has great coaching and great players. You have to give them huge props for winning state title games a class and two classes over their true enrollment level.

For Naz now it's all about winning class 7a and 8a state titles. I do however see them lacking one ingredient.

Montini's ex-HC Chris Andriano would always say "We will play anybody, anytime and anywhere". He loaded up his non-conference games with huge state powerhouse teams.

The problem with Naz is they lack this "attitude". Yes Naz will play anybody in the playoffs but they refuse to prepare themselves to win 7a and 8a titles by loading up on their non-conference schedule.

Naz should be trying to put Mt Carmel, BR, Loyola, Maine South, Estl, Lincoln Way East and Glenbard West on their non-conference schedule. This would greatly help them out winning 7a and 8a titles by playing the states top competition before the playoffs. This way they will learn how to compete against the Mt Carmel's before the state title game is on the line.

Reactions: Panthers1211
Naz has great coaching and great players. You have to give them huge props for winning state title games a class and two classes over their true enrollment level.

For Naz now it's all about winning class 7a and 8a state titles. I do however see them lacking one ingredient.

Montini's ex-HC Chris Andriano would always say "We will play anybody, anytime and anywhere". He loaded up his non-conference games with huge state powerhouse teams.

The problem with Naz is they lack this "attitude". Yes Naz will play anybody in the playoffs but they refuse to prepare themselves to win 7a and 8a titles by loading up on their non-conference schedule.

Naz should be trying to put Mt Carmel, BR, Loyola, Maine South, Estl, Lincoln Way East and Glenbard West on their non-conference schedule. This would greatly help them out winning 7a and 8a titles by playing the states top competition before the playoffs. This way they will learn how to compete against the Mt Carmel's before the state title game is on the line.

Ok to be fair Naz has added some pretty strong teams over the past few years including two St . Louis area powers in CBC and Lutheran North..and also wasn't it a year or two ago they played LZ as well....both CBC and Lutheran North could easily play and compete with the best we had to offer here in my opinion. Yes it's not the toughest in the state but it's also been pretty decent in my opinion.

Ok to be fair Naz has added some pretty strong teams over the past few years including two St . Louis area powers in CBC and Lutheran North..and also wasn't it a year or two ago they played LZ as well....both CBC and Lutheran North could easily play and compete with the best we had to offer here in my opinion. Yes it's not the toughest in the state but it's also been pretty decent in my opinion.

Edgy Tim,

Yes I agree they played better non-conference games lately but I wish they would concentrate on scheduling in-state non-conference games against the teams I mentioned specifically such as Mt Carmel, BR, Loyola, Maine South, Estl, Lincoln Way East and Glenbard West.

Edgy Tim,

Yes I agree they played better non-conference games lately but I wish they would concentrate on scheduling in-state non-conference games against the teams I mentioned specifically such as Mt Carmel, BR, Loyola, Maine South, Estl, Lincoln Way East and Glenbard West.
Again not knowing the background stories whatsoever but it takes two to tangle....

Naz had a pretty good non conference schedule and also marched through the 7A playoffs with their closest game on the way to the title game being a 14 point win vs Batavia. I would say they can compete and win at the 7A level. They ran into a very good MC team last season and took one on the chin. It happens to everyone at some point in their lives.

Edgy Tim,

There is no way in hell they should be in the Orange Div of the Catholic League...they should have fought that tooth and nail.

Reactions: Schwab54
Edgy Tim,

Their week 1 game for 2020 is at Pickerington North in Ohio with one of the top, if not the top, players in the nation (Jack Sawyer - DE going to Ohio State) among others. With the state playoff qualification rules as they are (5-6 wins) and not much doubt that they will get those wins in conference there is no reason for them to “avoid” in state powers. Thus the reasonable assumption is they go out of state because in state opponents won’t schedule them.

there is no reason for them to “avoid” in state powers. Thus the reasonable assumption is they go out of state because in state opponents won’t schedule them.

I don't believe MC, BR, LA, MS, ESTL, GW or LWE would avoid anybody. That had to be a joke right?

Most of these same teams played non-con games vs Montini.

Last edited:
And that has to do with it's non conference schedule how?
Nothing, I agree with you, they’ve played a good non conference schedule with Ritter and Lutheran in my opinion, I think the issue is the conference they got put in. As stated above though, MC had a better game plan for the weather that day offensively and defensively. Happens.

Reactions: Schwab54
Their week 1 game for 2020 is at Pickerington North in Ohio with one of the top, if not the top, players in the nation (Jack Sawyer - DE going to Ohio State) among others. With the state playoff qualification rules as they are (5-6 wins) and not much doubt that they will get those wins in conference there is no reason for them to “avoid” in state powers. Thus the reasonable assumption is they go out of state because in state opponents won’t schedule them.

Pick Central is the best Pickerington team. North isn’t bad but they usually take on the chin from Central. Just saying.

Pick Central is the best Pickerington team. North isn’t bad but they usually take on the chin from Central. Just saying.
‘19 Central 16-7
‘18 Central 16-7
‘17 Central 24-21
‘16 Central 17-14

Yep right on the chin.

Nothing, I agree with you, they’ve played a good non conference schedule with Ritter and Lutheran in my opinion, I think the issue is the conference they got put in. As stated above though, MC had a better game plan for the weather that day offensively and defensively. Happens.
Premier power run team. I’m not blaming whether but Naz played Mt Carmel’s style of football that day. Whether it was Naz’s fault or the weather’s or both you aren’t gonna win many games trying to play power football against Mt Carmel. Especially when you’re a finesse passing team. It is what it is. Mt Carmel was the deserved champion.

Premier power run team. I’m not blaming whether but Naz played Mt Carmel’s style of football that day. Whether it was Naz’s fault or the weather’s or both you aren’t gonna win many games trying to play power football against Mt Carmel. Especially when you’re a finesse passing team. It is what it is. Mt Carmel was the deserved champion.

I don't think Naz even was trying to play power football. They ran the ball up the middle about 3x all game. Their fullback may have gotten 2 carries. That's not trying to play power football.

Naz just needs more experience playing top tier teams in state opponents. The only way to do it sitting in the division they are in is to schedule the teams I mentioned for non-con games. Win or lose those games they will learn from them early in the season and it will greatly help them out deep into the 7a and 8a playoffs.

Last edited:
‘19 Central 16-7
‘18 Central 16-7
‘17 Central 24-21
‘16 Central 17-14

Yep right on the chin.

Your funny,
A loss is a loss. It’s obvious you don’t know Ohio football because if you did you would know Central is a premier program in the State and North isn’t. Rivals yes similar to LWE and LWC but in no way are they in the same category.
Central has won State 2 times in Division 1 and played in 8 Semifinals. North has never won state or played in any semifinals. Check records North was 6-5 last year. 1 game above 500 a real juggernaut! Yeah I say they take it on the chin every year regardless of what the score says. This isn’t horseshoes no one cares about how close you came.

Nice tryIng to building them up to something they are not.

Reactions: Bowie50
Your funny,
A loss is a loss. It’s obvious you don’t know Ohio football because if you did you would know Central is a premier program in the State and North isn’t. Rivals yes similar to LWE and LWC but in no way are they in the same category.
Central has won State 2 times in Division 1 and played in 8 Semifinals. North has never won state or played in any semifinals. Check records North was 6-5 last year. 1 game above 500 a real juggernaut! Yeah I say they take it on the chin every year regardless of what the score says. This isn’t horseshoes no one cares about how close you came.

Nice tryIng to building them up to something they are not.
I caught you embellishing. No one said anything about PN being a top tier program. You said they “take it on the chin” when in fact no matter how good Central is (like last year for instance) North plays them tough.

Don’t try to create a false narrative because you hate Naz. No Naz person has misrepresented this game at all but Ohio football is infinitely better than Illinois football, this is a tough game for Naz going to their place. Should be fun.

I caught you embellishing. No one said anything about PN being a top tier program. You said they “take it on the chin” when in fact no matter how good Central is (like last year for instance) North plays them tough.

Don’t try to create a false narrative because you hate Naz. No Naz person has misrepresented this game at all but Ohio football is infinitely better than Illinois football, this is a tough game for Naz going to their place. Should be fun.

Dude you need to chill. I don’t hate Naz.
All I am saying is North is no where near Central. You know absolutely no nothing about Ohio football and don’t talk like you do. We have plenty of teams in Illinois that can compete with Ohio football NAZ maybe one of the teams. Loyola, MC, ESL, LWE can definitely and others that I would include is NAZ, Bolingbrook, WWS, HF & GBW. Their maybe others I missed but the 4 top teams listed above from Illinois have proven over and over they have programs that can compete with any HS teams.
Not saying they would win but they could and would represent Illinois HS football very well.

You need to quit being so thin skinned. I think NAZ has a very good program and have nothing to be ashamed of and playing a team from Ohio is showing they want to get better.

What is the outlook for Naz this year? How many top players did they lose on offense and defense? Seems to me they still will have a great offense with JJ and others coming back. What about defense? How about some opinions from the Naz faithful. Not you Wassup 13. LOL

Gene,

Ha, ha. I m a Montini fan but this Naz team is fun to watch. JJ and the Morris's should be back on O.Also look out for Tanner Koziol.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
Gene,

Ha, ha. I m a Montini fan but this Naz team is fun to watch. JJ and the Morris's should be back on O.Also look out for Tanner Koziol.
I also am a Montini fan and totally agree the Naz team is fun to watch. Wondering what their fans think of their teams chances to get back into the State Championship. I know its still early but I have to think they will be back up their again this year. Mount Carmel should be solid also. 7A looks like it will be a real battlefield this year to get to the finals. A lot of really good teams in 7A this year.

Reactions: Wassup13
I know its still early but I have to think they will be back up their again this year. Mount Carmel should be solid also. 7A looks like it will be a real battlefield this year to get to the finals. A lot of really good teams in 7A this year.

Their fans have been pretty silent since last year's loss.

Don't know if you saw Edgy's youtube comments a couple days ago about players may be thinking about going to Indiana or southern WI next year to play. Also the pandemic unemployment situation could hit the private schools hard for the upcoming school year.

Last edited:
Like every team Naz needs some juniors to step up this year . Defense should be solid with Diane Hanson , Hughes, and Keeler up front . Amarion Evans , Kaleb Miller & transfer Peter Roll on the next levels . Offense still has JJ and the Morris boys . Tanner Koziel and Isiah Emmanuel will be big contributors.

Reactions: Gene K.
Their fans have been pretty silent since last year's loss.

Don't know if you saw Edgy's youtube comments a couple days ago about players may be thinking about going to Indiana or southern WI next year to play. Also the pandemic unemployment situation could hit the private schools hard for the upcoming school year.
We're quiet because we've been busy dodging top tier IL competition.

What is the outlook for Naz this year? How many top players did they lose on offense and defense? Seems to me they still will have a great offense with JJ and others coming back. What about defense? How about some opinions from the Naz faithful. Not you Wassup 13. LOL
Naz returns 9 starters on offense. and about 5-6 on defense.

We're quiet because we've been busy dodging top tier IL competition.

Well you don't dodge them in the playoffs. You play them and beat them most of the time.

I just feel if Naz would just schedule one of the top tier teams I have listed as a non-conference game it would help them even more come playoff time.

They would learn their weaknesses early in the season and can work on them and it would give them great experience before playoff time.

That is a ton of starters returning on both sides of the ball for Naz. How many starters does Mt. Carmel have coming back McCaravan?

Don't know if you saw Edgy's youtube comments a couple days ago about players may be thinking about going to Indiana or southern WI next year to play. Also the pandemic unemployment situation could hit the private schools hard for the upcoming school year.[/QUOTE]
I know I wouldn't pay private school tuition for e-learning. Ridiculous to pay in most cases over $10 grand for that type of education. Also think there will be a major impact due to the lack of money coming in from the parents jobs that were closed off. I hope that the private schools can figure out a way to get the students in the doors, instead of e-learning. I do believe with all the heat (protesting the shutdown) the state will find a way to open things up.

Well this will add a little spice to the thread.

WOW! I did not expect this at all. Game changer for Naz? I hope not. I am speechless and angry over this. Not angry at JJ at all. For all I have heard he is a great young man. He has to do what is in his best interest and I wish him all the best going forward. I will follow him going forward. I am angry at the State of Illinois politicians for not having a better game plan for opening up the state and in particular HS sports.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT