ADVERTISEMENT

MC/ LA update

LA will get the ball to start the half. Anyone get a Soph score?

Absolutely atrocious play call on 4th & goal
LA took it to Mount Carmel on the last two drives. But MC has lot of talent on both sides of the ball. MC needs to finish and could benefit from better play-calling. Jaden Bossie should have had the discipline to avoid a DPI.

Soph score Per McCaravan LA 21 MC 0

congrats to the Soph Ramblers on a CCLB title. Great day to be a cake eater! Let’s go!

Reactions: Gene K.
Really nice drive by MC. Arrington is a stud. Also, his foot was in and he made that catch, but we’ll take it. 14-6 LA 3:00 min left in 3rd

Good game. Very good, but very young MC team that will be scary good for the foreseeable future. Lucky to get out of there with a W. Hopefully we get Maldonado back, but #10 looked like Vaughn Pemberton out there. Look out 8A. LA’s got a 6’3 215 lb steamroller with speed and an attitude. Great day to be a Rambler!

Let’s not get crazy. A great team on the road minus its RB beat an above average team. Congrats on another CCL Blue title to the Ramblers!
Yeah I was a little confused trying to figure out if MC is great team or a bunch of JRs trying to find their way in the Blue? I guess the narrative has changed.

LA defense giving up too many big plays in this game and in the Fenwick and BR games. Gotta figure that out.

Yes, they are a solid squad but, in our effort to enjoy running the regular season table, let's keep in the back of our minds that they won three very close road games by a combined margin of victory of 8 points. LA would be a lot more solid, and those wins would have been way more comfortable, if they hadn't given up as many big plays.

Glad we beat a good MC team. Bring on the playoffs!

Really fun game. Dowling really took it up a notch tonight for MC, which makes me feel confident about this team going into the playoffs. MC had their chances in the first half, fumbles and a head scratching play call on the 1 yard line on 4th down. Defense crapped the bed the final minute of the first half. But LA is #1 for a reason. They are a well coached and disciplined team. I had MC going 5-4 in my preseason prediction, with LA as L.....definitely did not have Iggy as a L though but I’ll take 6-3 in a reload year. I feel confident that we’ll be a tough out in the playoffs after the road we faced. Good Luck Young Caravan!!!

Really fun game. Dowling really took it up a notch tonight for MC, which makes me feel confident about this team going into the playoffs. MC had their chances in the first half, fumbles and a head scratching play call on the 1 yard line on 4th down. Defense crapped the bed the final minute of the first half. But LA is #1 for a reason. They are a well coached and disciplined team. I had MC going 5-4 in my preseason prediction, with LA as L.....definitely did not have Iggy as a L though but I’ll take 6-3 in a reload year. I feel confident that we’ll be a tough out in the playoffs after the road we faced. Good Luck Young Caravan!!!
MC will be there in the end this season. My only regret is that I didn’t go to the game. Seemed like an amazing atmosphere. Good luck to the Caravan! I know that the LA community will be rooting for you guys. I love seeing the respect and sportsmanship by the players and coaches after the game.

Let’s not get crazy. A great team on the road minus its RB beat an above average team.
Yes, we lost, but it was an encouraging loss, not a demoralizing one. It was satisfying to see how well they played. No offense to Maldonado, but Kreutz is as at least as good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT