ADVERTISEMENT

MC/ JCA TV Coverage

MC63

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Lake County
There will not be youtube streaming of Friday's MC game vs JCA. The game will be broadcast on the Marquee Network. That is the cable channel where you would watch the Cubs if you actually watched the Cubs. No sophmore coverage.

• Haha
Reactions: SiuCubFan8
There will not be youtube streaming of Friday's MC game vs JCA. The game will be broadcast on the Marquee Network. That is the cable channel where you would watch the Cubs if you actually watched the Cubs. No sophmore coverage.
If it's not on YouTube AND not on NFHS Network, I'll be cancelling my NFHS for the 1st time in many years, faster than they can ask WHY?.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
A fan of a baseball team that lost 121 games this year has no room to talk about or mock any other team...ever. Glad I jumped off that White Sox Titanic when I did. My life boat was the Yankees.

This is a bummer. I was looking forward to watching this one and do not have the Marquee. Now how will I fill the Bye week?

If it's not on YouTube AND not on NFHS Network, I'll be cancelling my NFHS for the 1st time in many years, faster than they can ask WHY?.
Mount Carmel doesn’t use NFHS anymore, so a home game wouldn’t be on NFHS. Marquee Network has chosen a few games to broadcast this season and this is one of them. If you have Xfinity, you should be able to log on through that provider on the Marquee app.

Mount Carmel doesn’t use NFHS anymore, so a home game wouldn’t be on NFHS. Marquee Network has chosen a few games to broadcast this season and this is one of them. If you have Xfinity, you should be able to log on through that provider on the Marquee app.
I thought BR still had it on Youtube and Marquee would think MC would as well. I could he mistaken.
Okay, I'm just thinking out loud here.
MC usually does their game on YouTube
JCA always does their games on YouTube, including AWAY games that are not playoffs.
MC decides to do their broadcast on Marquee
Wouldn't JCA's broadcast still be on YouTube?

JCA does occasionally use / and tap into Home Teams broadcasts if they are on YouTube or some other Free platform
In almost all other cases JCA goes to away games and does their own broadcast

Hopefully it will still be on JCA YouTube, unless MC does not let them.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm just thinking out loud here.
MC usually does their game on YouTube
JCA always does their games on YouTube, including AWAY game that are not playoffs.
MC decides to do their broadcast on Marquee
Wouldn't JCA's broadcast still be on YouTube?

JCA does occasionally use / and tap into Home Teams broadcasts if they are on YouTube or some other Free platform
In almost all other cases JCA goes to away games and does their own broadcast

Hopefully it will still be on JCA YouTube, unless MC does not let them.
I would not expect this to happen. The Marquee guys will do a half time show. As of today, no one from JCA has reached out to MC to ask about their own streaming. I would not expect a live stream anywhere else.

I would not expect this to happen. The Marquee guys will do a half time show. As of today, no one from JCA has reached out to MC to ask about their own streaming. I would not expect a live stream anywhere else.
Since you sound like you know what you're talking about.

Is there any possible way to access Marquee through the internet? If I do not have Xfinity or Cable?

Or am I just going to be REALLY PISSED?

Is there any possible way to access Marquee through the internet? If I do not have Xfinity or Cable?

Not an MtC guy but I am a Cubs fan and I’m pretty sure you’re going to be really pissed. There are illegal streaming sites that last I checked do still have Marquee network on there but I have had Hulu and marquee for awhile now so I haven’t had to resort to this tactic.

Marque has a stand-alone app, but it is subscriber only. I looked and didn't see a free trial. You may want to check that on your end.

Not an MtC guy but I am a Cubs fan and I’m pretty sure you’re going to be really pissed. There are illegal streaming sites that last I checked do still have Marquee network on there but I have had Hulu and marquee for awhile now so I haven’t had to resort to this tactic.
What is your zip code??
Marque has a stand-alone app, but it is subscriber only. I looked and didn't see a free trial. You may want to check that on your end.
Okay, I THINK I just subscribed to the Marquee Sports Network over the internet. AND, I THINK I'll be able to watch it on my computer.

But that's a Hell of a lot of "I THINK'S". This better work.

Anyone can get Marque; your zip code relates to MLB blackout rules for viewing Cubs

Okay, I THINK I just subscribed to the Marquee Sports Network over the internet. AND, I THINK I'll be able to watch it on my computer.

But that's a Hell of a lot of "I THINK'S". This better work.
I usually provide updates for a podcast throughout the night-I can try to update here if it doesn’t work.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
Well thanks for all the help, even if I didn't specifically mention your posted help.

I'm (almost) not a nervous wreck. Now I just need to make sure I have extra Xanax and blood pressure meds available.

Good luck to all the Carmelites and let's hope for a good game, and absolutely no injuries. :)

Well thanks for all the help, even if I didn't specifically mention your posted help.

I'm (almost) not a nervous wreck. Now I just need to make sure I have extra Xanax and blood pressure meds available.

Good luck to all the Carmelites and let's hope for a good game, and absolutely no injuries. :)
I believe Marque is streaming a game tonight Stevenson, can you log in and see if you can watch??

Reactions: Jenny27
Fairweather fandom is weak. I'm sure that intense connection you have to the Yankees is special though.
Very much so. And you really shouldn't speak about things you have no knowledge of. So, allow me to educate you.

First of all, I grew up a Yankee fan in a household of Yankee fans. My dad was a Yankee fan and Mickey Mantle was his guy. My grandfather was a Yankee fan and he liked Ruth and Gehrig. Both of my brothers were Yankee fans their whole lives from the days of bad teams in the late 60s and early 70s and through the Munson and Jeter careers and beyond.

I was actually first a Yankee fan. And I made the worst mistake of my life when I switched to the White Sox in 1972. I blame Dick Allen for that. LOL. As the years went on I saw the rest of my family celebrate several Yankee World Series appearances and championships while I sulked with one stinking WS title. All through those years, however, I always wanted the Yankees to win when they appeared in post season (which has been several times) and when the White Sox weren't in post season, which was also quite often. So, I still had the Yankee fandom in me.

With the White Sox, I simply got tired of year after year of mediocre and bad teams and especially with Reinsdorf, because the guy doesn't give a damn about winning. So, I moved back to where I actually belonged and was in the first place.

So, maybe you didn't know this. OK, fine. But I am no fairweather fan. I never have been. And it always seems to be the people whose teams suck who throw that garbage out. Now, whether the Yankees even get to the World Series, I know they are always trying to win a championship every year. Rebuilding isn't in the organization's DNA. That is mainly why I am where I actually started. Good luck with your fandom.

Very much so. And you really shouldn't speak about things you have no knowledge of. So, allow me to educate you.

First of all, I grew up a Yankee fan in a household of Yankee fans. My dad was a Yankee fan and Mickey Mantle was his guy. My grandfather was a Yankee fan and he liked Ruth and Gehrig. Both of my brothers were Yankee fans their whole lives from the days of bad teams in the late 60s and early 70s and through the Munson and Jeter careers and beyond.

I was actually first a Yankee fan. And I made the worst mistake of my life when I switched to the White Sox in 1972. I blame Dick Allen for that. LOL. As the years went on I saw the rest of my family celebrate several Yankee World Series appearances and championships while I sulked with one stinking WS title. All through those years, however, I always wanted the Yankees to win when they appeared in post season (which has been several times) and when the White Sox weren't in post season, which was also quite often. So, I still had the Yankee fandom in me.

With the White Sox, I simply got tired of year after year of mediocre and bad teams and especially with Reinsdorf, because the guy doesn't give a damn about winning. So, I moved back to where I actually belonged and was in the first place.

So, maybe you didn't know this. OK, fine. But I am no fairweather fan. I never have been. And it always seems to be the people whose teams suck who throw that garbage out. Now, whether the Yankees even get to the World Series, I know they are always trying to win a championship every year. Rebuilding isn't in the organization's DNA. That is mainly why I am where I actually started. Good luck with your fandom.
Cool story. So what gives you the right to take a shot at someone's fandom like you did MC63?

You think I'm happy about Reinsdorf and the way he's run the franchise into the ground? Certainly not. I'm the guy who moved from the south burbs shortly after college to three blocks from the ballpark so I could attend more games. I went to 50-plus in 2005.

The Sox are in my blood. It's where I was born. It's where I was raised. Will I attend another Sox home game while Reinsdorf is alive? Nope. Am I actively watching games anymore? Nope. But I sure as shit aren't going to start cheering for the Dodgers either.

And since you've jumped the White Sox ship when things are tough, will you do so if/when the Yankees go through a rut?

Last edited:
Cool story. So what gives you the right to take a shot at someone's fandom like you did MC63?

You think I'm happy about Reinsdorf and the way he's run the franchise into the ground? Certainly not. I'm the guy who moved from the south burbs shortly after college to three blocks from the ballpark so I could attend more games. I went to 50-plus in 2005.

The Sox are in my blood. It's where I was born. It's where I was raised. Will I attend another Sox home game while Reinsdorf is alive? Nope. Am I actively watching games anymore? Nope. But I sure as shit aren't going to start cheering for the Dodgers either.

And since you've jumped the White Sox ship when things are tough, will you do so if/when the Yankees go through a rut?
A couple things. If I was following a team that lost 121 games there is no way I would have the right to mock another organization. So, the real question is...what gives him the right to mock the Cubs when the White Sox are so much worse?

As far as leaving the Yankees again. No way. I will not make the same mistake twice. A rut for the Yankees is missing the playoffs for one or two years. Not losing 100 games two years in a row. But, even when they don't make the playoffs I know in time they will be back. They always have been in my lifetime. They are actually trying to win.

I don't fault anyone who follows the White Sox. I just don't get why anyone would continue to follow Jerry so long. That team isn't going to win anything as long as he owns it and time is precious to me. But whatever. I am happy and White Sox fans aren't. And remember, outside of a couple good years, the White Sox sucked when Veeck owned them too. To me they are the White Sox from now on and the only team I call the Sox plays in Boston.

Reactions: USD24

I do have a funny story about the White Sox and Yankees that my dad told me a few years ago.. My dad worked in the office building for the EJ&E railroad in Joliet for 37 years. So, early in his career he became friends with a guy named Emil who was an avid White Sox fan and who hated the Yankees. My dad grew to really dislike the White Sox as a result of this. But they were the best of friends and he was a good guy we knew as far back as I could remember because he came to the house every now and then. The White Sox had a lot of good teams back in the late 50s and early 60s, but the Yankees were the one team that stood in their way of a few pennants.

Finally, in 1959 the White Sox broke through to win that one pennant. My dad said Emil was giving him a lot of crap over it. Finally, my dad had enough and he said, "the White Sox haven't been to the World Series in 40 years and it will be another 40 before they are back again." Emil bet my dad $5 that the White Sox would be back. I asked my dad if Emil ever paid that bet off, because of course the White Sox didn't go back to the WS for 46 years, and he laughed and said no. He said Emil probably forgot. LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT