ADVERTISEMENT

MC @ BR

I didn’t see the last two games and I turned off the Rita game at half, because Rice didn’t seem to be playing with a lot of passion.

But last night they did. With Elliott playing, definitely not the same result. But they did play with passion and Q finally got a quality win against a rival so hopefully that gets them going in the right direction for the rest of the year. (This is not to knock Rita or Marist, think they’re both great teams. Loyola is Loyola (even if they’re a little off this year) so I didn’t think they’d come within 7 on the road.

Dowling’s only problem is that he has Elliott in front of him so he lacks the experience. He still looked pretty good and he would be a starter in 95% of the other programs in the state.

Even if Elliott somehow doesn’t come back, I’d imagine that if Dowling has a few more games under his belt, they would have pretty good odds at winning state.

Tired of hearing about the visitors stands at Rice. How are the visitors stands at MC better, if not worse?!?! Ridiculous

With Elliott out, the Caravan's running game has suffered more than its passing game. Dowling is a tough kid. He should run more than he did last night. He did gain three yards on a critical 4th and 2 against an inspired defense. Also on the plus side, credit Matt Mucha with two big, explosive sacks. Guy's a monster.

Last edited:
With Elliott out, the Caravan running game has suffered more than its passing game. Dowling is a tough kid. He should run more than he did last night. He did gain a critical three yards on a 4th and 2 against a stout defensive line. Also on the plus side, credit Matt Mucha with two big sacks. Guy's a monster.
I think MC will be fine. I am actually more concerned about their defense once they get to the playoffs. Knowing the coaches and program they will be ready.

Reactions: McCaravan
With Elliott out, the Caravan's running game has suffered more than its passing game. Dowling is a tough kid. He should run more than he did last night.
I wonder if Lynch was trying to avoid Dowling running as much as he could last night with Elliot out. If Dowling goes down in a game like last night, who is the next man up? Maybe they kept him out of some running situations to keep him as healthy as possible for the foreseeable future with Elliot out right now and not wanting to get down to a 3rd string QB.

I wonder if Lynch was trying to avoid Dowling running as much as he could last night with Elliot out. If Dowling goes down in a game like last night, who is the next man up? Maybe they kept him out of some running situations to keep him as healthy as possible for the foreseeable future with Elliot out right now and not wanting to get down to a 3rd string QB.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Smart coaches. Plenty of games left don’t put your 2nd string QB in a situation of possibly getting hurt.

What an excellent point! Agreed.

What an excellent point! Agreed.
That may cause an interesting situation against JCA next week. A good running QB can cause JCA's defense fits. But, I would not want my QB2 or a recovering QB1 taking a solid hit from one of JCA's front 7-8 on defense.

They are built very differently too. Not saying Dowling isn't fast or in shape, he's very athletic, but Elliott is arguably the strongest overall person on the team. In a visit to the school last year I was in the weight room and he is on the top of every weight performance chart that was hanging in there. He plays very similar to how Jordan Lynch did at NIU.

MC's Line is young, 4 juniors. BR DL line and LBs were the best I saw this year outside of Hun. A lot of cases were Dowling faced pressure and was either was sacked or threw an incompletion, Elliott would have taken off probably for a good gain because that's just his style of play. He has that experience. Dowling will get there as he watches the film and gets more comfortable and confident. The back up would be the Sophomore Ryder Startz who is the younger brother of Parker Startz, MC's all everything LB who graduated last year.

Pretty amazing that all three levels this weekend were decided by a last second FG.

Varsity BR 16-13
Sophs MC 17-14
Freshman BR 17-14

Congrats to all the coaches and players on all levels. Exciting weekend.

Reactions: McCaravan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT