ADVERTISEMENT

MC 56 N 33 FINAL

Wish the old ball coach would have just a little more let’s call it grace when up 2 scores and in the red zone with under 5. That’s my only negative take away from this evening. But just like Naz will always be Naz and not win against the big dogs. I guess MC will always be MC in that regard 🤷‍♂️

Naz is in 5A again this year
5A loaded as always. Naz, SF, Prairie Ridge, Sycamore, Carmel, Providence, Peoria, Morris.

I feel like it's the only class with any real drama. 8A feels like LWE's to lose. 7A's is MC with maybe a handful of legitimate challengers. 6A will likely come down to an ESL-CG slobberknocker. Then there is 5A where the fun happens. Naz's to lose until someone knocks them off their postseason pedestal, but SF sure did make a statement today.

5A loaded as always. Naz, SF, Prairie Ridge, Sycamore, Carmel, Providence, Peoria, Morris.

I feel like it's the only class with any real drama. 8A feels like LWE's to lose. 7A's is MC with maybe a handful of legitimate challengers. 6A will likely come down to an ESL-CG slobberknocker. Then there is 5A where the fun happens. Naz's to lose until someone knocks them off their postseason pedestal, but SF sure did make a statement today.
I agree it’s been the best class for playoffs for a few years now but do not agree it’s Naz’s to lose. SF is undefeated and took down some top tier opponents including the perennial 8a champs. There is a new sheriff in town especially after watching that abysmal performance in the second half. I’ve never seen the wheels fall off so fast in my life.

I agree it’s been the best class for playoffs for a few years now but do not agree it’s Naz’s to lose. SF is undefeated and took down some top tier opponents including the perennial 8a champs. There is a new sheriff in town especially after watching that abysmal performance in the second half. I’ve never seen the wheels fall off so fast in my life.
Stop sandbagging. Naz doesn't even wake up until week 10. SF got a big win but there are some red flags that Loyola may be merely a normal 8A school this year. Naz has too many returning starters and two consecutive titles to not be the favorite going in.

That said, if you give me the field or Naz, I would take the field just because of the depth of the field. If you gave me the favorite in 8A, 7A, or 6A, I would take the favorite over the field for all three classes. I could parlay a LWE, MC, ESL title run into some big money. It's a shame we have all of these classes and the big dogs we want to meet always seem to be separated. I hated LA petitioning up the last two years. Robbed us of LA-MC.

Reactions: bronco man
Stop sandbagging. Naz doesn't even wake up until week 10. SF got a big win but there are some red flags that Loyola may be merely a normal 8A school this year. Naz has too many returning starters and two consecutive titles to not be the favorite going in.
Those consecutive titles mean nothing this season and the returning starters got smoked tonight.

Wish the old ball coach would have just a little more let’s call it grace when up 2 scores and in the red zone with under 5.
You boys could have tied the game with five minutes remaining - perhaps even taken the lead. I've seen stranger things happen.

Reactions: kwamizee
Wish the old ball coach would have just a little more let’s call it grace when up 2 scores and in the red zone with under 5. That’s my only negative take away from this evening. But just like Naz will always be Naz and not win against the big dogs. I guess MC will always be MC in that regard 🤷‍♂️
The way this game was going I don’t blame him but I inquired about this awhile ago to an assistant coach and I have seen plenty of games where the second and third units were put in, but the answer was “If the other team is keeping their 1’s in then we are going to do the same more times then not”

Reactions: kwamizee
You boys could have tied the game with five minutes remaining - perhaps even taken the lead. I've seen stranger things happen.
It was a first down td pass with a two score lead in the red zone. “you boys could have tied it” is a terrible defense for the less than classy decision to throw the ball the next play after going for it on 4th and 2. I went to catholic school so my math is terrible but something tells me even if they didn’t pick up another first down 3 running plays and a field goals accomplishes the same result. But like I said MC will MC any chance they get. It ALMOST makes me want to see a Batavia championship but even I’m not THAT crazy. Hopefully he can mature into a more graceful winner because I like when you guys win 7A and beat publics double the size. So stop making me hate you. 😢

The way this game was going I don’t blame him but I inquired about this awhile ago to an assistant coach and I have seen plenty of games where the second and third units were put in, but the answer was “If the other team is keeping their 1’s in then we are going to do the same more times then not”
Less about the 1s being left in I totally get that I’m more talking about throwing the ball after converting a virtual game ending 4th down in the red zone. That was done for only one reason, to pad the score so the game looked worse than what it was tomorrow. At that point in the game no one who knows football thought Naz had a shot. 1st down in the red zone clock moving up two scores.

Did you go to prom with me? As I recall ...
Fine I don’t hate you just the head coaches. With Lenti it was the way he called out players in newspaper articles for losses. It was always a players fault when you lost.

All jokes and reverse jinx attempts aside I was really happy with the game I thought Naz played great for the most part and that last TD was the only truly disappointing thing. I had very low expectations for the game just wanted to make it competitive and stay healthy. Just wish the guy would have exercised some humility in the end.

Thank you.

I won't be able to monitor the ongoing score for the next few weeks ("I'm getting pre-cremated).. If someone else could post the score in the header as it progresses, , that would be very much appreciated.
@crusader_of_90--Could you call and score the Iggy game next week? Althoff has a bye, I think, and ESL plays on Saturday. You'd be doing us all a favor.

It was a first down td pass with a two score lead in the red zone.
Not sure it makes the decision better in your eyes or not but it was actually thrown on 3rd & 6 from around the 20 yard line. The previous 2 plays were runs. Maybe Lynch was thinking throw for a first down to essentially end the game, and the busted coverage resulted in a TD.

Naz played tough against a bigger/athletic team - you could see the difference between 5A and 7A teams.

The CCL is tough and the regular schedule is good prep for the postseason. I do feel bad for smaller CCL teams like IC - they have a helluva schedule and not sure where they 5 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT