ADVERTISEMENT

Marist at Naz

How about the emergence of Wheaton St. Francis? Have they also contributed to the reduction of talent going to Naz? Seems like Naz had a pipeline to the Naperville Patriots program that no longer exists or at least has been diminished, due to the St. Francis coaches' connection to that youth program.

Reactions: chakazulu89
How about the emergence of Wheaton St. Francis? Have they also contributed to the reduction of talent going to Naz? Seems like Naz had a pipeline to the Naperville Patriots program that no longer exists or at least has been diminished, due to the St. Francis coaches' connection to that youth program.
The Patriots now practice at St Francis

Reactions: Anomalyout28
just got back from a college game. Did the other marist Naz string get flushed. If so. Probably best.

just got back from a college game. Did the other marist Naz string get flushed. If so.

The one where the d-bag coach from Naz was called out for picking fights with 17 year olds? Hope it's been dealt with accordingly. There's video and it's ridiculous

Sorry to hear of this. When my two youngest played ESCC/CCL football I always felt that after a hard fought game that both sides were respecful of each other. I hope that hasn't changed.

Reactions: Anomalyout28
Sorry to hear of this. When my two youngest played ESCC/CCL football I always felt that after a hard fought game that both sides were respecful of each other. I hope that hasn't changed.
Never heard of anything like this happening within the CCL. Certainly could be forgetting/missing something but for the vast majority of the time, both teams shake hands after the game and show respect. Alot of these kids have known each other since preschool. Closest thing to disrespect I've seen was in a game between BR and MC at BR around 07-08. MC player was taken off the field in an ambulance. On the ensuing kickoff, BR returned the kick for a touchdown and the BR ball carrier front-flipped into the end zone. I guess that wasn't the end of the world but seemed distasteful in the moment.

edit for grammar

Last edited:
I hate that crap and really hope it is covered by the coaches in team meetings. I saw an instance in a local freshman game of a player standing over a down player after a hard (clean) hit. I was happy to see the coach pull him from the game immediately.

There's just a lot of crazy out there, and it seems to be getting worse. Yesterday, as I walked home, a guy took his clothes off in the middle of the street. When I asked him if he needed help, he threatened to punch me out.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Gene K.
I hate that crap and really hope it is covered by the coaches in team meetings. I saw an instance in a local freshman game of a player standing over a down player after a hard (clean) hit. I was happy to see the coach pull him from the game immediately.
Player standing over another player is one thing but a coach standing over a player is sick. That dude needs help. No adult should ever get that caught up in the moment especially a coach! Dude should not be coaching or mentoring HS kids.

""A video obtained by WGN News shows a Nazareth football coach attacking a Marist player after the player tackled a Nazareth player on the team’s sidelines. The coach pushed the player down and then taunted him by standing over him.

Nazareth head coach Tim Racki confirmed the school’s administration reviewed the video and the coach was immediately placed on suspension as the school continues to review the matter.

Marist has been in contact with Nazareth to discuss Friday’s incident.

“The unfortunate incident that took place during the Nazareth/Marist football game involved a Nazareth employee and coach; therefore, Nazareth Academy is determining their appropriate response,” Marist released in a statement."

Player standing over another player is one thing but a coach standing over a player is sick. That dude needs help. No adult should ever get that caught up in the moment especially a coach! Dude should not be coaching or mentoring HS kids.
Yes I agree totally, and I don't want it in the players either.

It disgusts me. No place for guys like that on the sidelines. Usually they are assistants who have little to no clue what the rules are or like to randomly gripe at officials without fear of consequence. Seen it on more than one occasion. Good for Naz to get rid of this clown.

It disgusts me. No place for guys like that on the sidelines. Usually they are assistants who have little to no clue what the rules are or like to randomly gripe at officials without fear of consequence. Seen it on more than one occasion. Good for Naz to get rid of this clown.
Not sure he's gone just suspended. I believe Naz still values him as a QB coach

As a supervisor one should almost always try to view employee misconduct in the context of patterns of behavior. This incident, as far as the coach's involvement, took place in about five seconds of time. The coach clearly pushed the player and ever so briefly stood over him. To say that he "attacked" the player is an overstatement in my view. If this incident represents another occurrence in a string of similar behavior, dismissal is warranted. Such similar behavior need not, and probably would not, have taken place during a game. On the other hand, if this type of conduct is an outlier and does not reflect the character normally exhibited by the individual, I would suggest a one or two game suspension is ample punishment. Most people have behaved badly on rare occasions in their lives. There is no need to pile on.

This is just one opinion. I fully understand that others may have differing views worthy of respect. Ultimately, it is the opinion of Nazareth Academy that will be most important.

"We are extremely excited to have a great coach and even better human being join our staff." Yikes.
So I’m assuming you personally know otherwise? Like the @Alexander32 said there are many differing opinions about this. So many people in our society complain about this “cancel culture” and “lynch mob” mentality that’s happening in our society. I’m not condoning what happened here, I just think unless one has personal knowledge on this guys character everyone shouldn’t be so quick to judge this guy based on less than 5 seconds of behavior. If it turns out he’s a complete a-hole who has no business dealing with kids then hang him. If it’s a one off and uncommon behavior based on people who actually know him I think that’s a little different.

There is another angle of this play that shows the hit. It was a pretty close call on a late hit IMO. Happens so fast it’s very hard to tell. Marist kid is a nice kid and excellent wrestler. Violent hit for sure. It was more of a throw than a hit. QB-1 flew through the air about 5 yards when he landed.

As a supervisor one should almost always try to view employee misconduct in the context of patterns of behavior. This incident, as far as the coach's involvement, took place in about five seconds of time. The coach clearly pushed the player and ever so briefly stood over him. To say that he "attacked" the player is an overstatement in my view. If this incident represents another occurrence in a string of similar behavior, dismissal is warranted. Such similar behavior need not, and probably would not, have taken place during a game. On the other hand, if this type of conduct is an outlier and does not reflect the character normally exhibited by the individual, I would suggest a one or two game suspension is ample punishment. Most people have behaved badly on rare occasions in their lives. There is no need to pile on.

This is just one opinion. I fully understand that others may have differing views worthy of respect. Ultimately, it is the opinion of Nazareth Academy that will be most important.
I agree with you on your view of the choice of the word “attacked”. I immediately felt the same, but that was the media being the media. They used the harshest word they officially could to get people to click on the article, and it worked. I work in a profession that deals with this from the media constantly. The initial post, that has been flushed, said that after the push there was a kick, I didn’t see any kick.

That being said, a termination, not suspension, is warranted in this situation. While we all know this coach did not take the sidelines that night with intent to push a teenage kid...his competitive emotions got the best of him and in two seconds he made a completely unnecessary decision, and it was caught in film, the media got a hold of it, and he will probably never coach again as a result.

None of us can cast the first stone here. We’ve all made poor judgements and let out emotions get the best of us in our lives and professions. But you have to face the consequences when you get caught.

Coaching rule #1, don’t touch the kids....now any of us 35 and over has probably been cracked by a coach numerous times at practice and didn’t bat an eyelash, but times have changed. The player from Marist who was pushed is probably the toughest kid in that school and anyone who knows him will agree, if he wanted too that coach could have been dropped by him. He probably wasn’t phased by this, and if this was 20 years ago it probably wouldn’t have been an issue, but in today’s climate, termination is the only decision that will suffice now that it’s public.

Last edited:
Reactions: falconfish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT