ADVERTISEMENT

Marist 2019

tmjgrady

Oct 5, 2015
I just saw via Twitter the 2019 schedule for the Marist Redhawks - very interesting - I thought the CCL/ESCL merger was 2020 but I guess I thought incorrectly, here it is:
Dunbar
@Lake Zurich
Notre Dame
@ Br Rice
@ Fenwick
Mt Carmel
Naz
St Pats
@Loyola

could be brutal! - 2 state champs / a runner-up / many playoff teams from 2018

I just saw via Twitter the 2019 schedule for the Marist Redhawks - very interesting - I thought the CCL/ESCL merger was 2020 but I guess I thought incorrectly, here it is:
Dunbar
@Lake Zurich
Notre Dame
@ Br Rice
@ Fenwick
Mt Carmel
Naz
St Pats
@Loyola

could be brutal! - 2 state champs / a runner-up / many playoff teams from 2018
Brutal sched

They got a playmaker back with Thompson at WR so that will help them until they can develop the rest of the team. Interested to see if they’ll go with the Freshman QB from this year as the starter if he comes back. Best guess is 6-3, worst case 4-5. MC/LA and especially BR have some rebuilding to do, but each have the talent to do so.

This was Marist's schedule in 2018:

Aug 24 7:30 L 16 20 A Chicago (Brother Rice) 13-1 2290.20
Aug 31 7:00 W 27 24 H Mishawaka, IN 7-1
Sep 7 7:00 W 28 21 A Niles (Notre Dame) 10-3 1540.00
Sep 14 7:00 W 49 7 H Arlington Heights (St. Viator) 1-8 1389.30
Sep 21 7:00 W 42 6 H Joliet (Catholic Academy) 10-4 1032.90
Sep 28 7:00 W 42 0 A Chicago Heights (Marian) 1-8 1004.00
Oct 5 7:00 W 34 13 A LaGrange Park (Nazareth Academy) 13-1 1254.00
Oct 12 7:00 W 42 6 H Woodstock (Marian) 3-6 1087.35
Oct 19 7:00 W 24 7 A Lisle (Benet Academy) 6-4 2174.70

IMO, it's about time that Marist upgrades their regular season schedule. They are now a consistent 8A power and should relish the challenge of a more difficult schedule.

Reactions: Gene K.
The New Blue is going to be a very difficult conference. A team could end up 5-4 and still be favored for State, or 4-5 and miss it entirely with a talented team. MC has the Blue schedule plus Maine South and Montini. The entire conference is going to be in a slight rebuilding mode. I know "they reload" but every team lost some major players. Every team will be starting a new QB, MC and I'm hearing LA will be starting juniors and Marist possibly a Soph at the position. BR is replacing their entire offense and 90% of their defense. Markett and Skalinsky will be very hard to replace at Marist. Armoni Dixon and Jake Gonzalez, who seemed like he started for 7 years will be greatly missed at LA. MC lost their entire secondary and team leader Matt Lenti, plus most of the D-Line, look for a lot of juniors starting/playing for MC this season. Lets see who puts in the work the next 6 months for these great teams.

This was Marist's schedule in 2018:

Aug 24 7:30 L 16 20 A Chicago (Brother Rice) 13-1 2290.20
Aug 31 7:00 W 27 24 H Mishawaka, IN 7-1
Sep 7 7:00 W 28 21 A Niles (Notre Dame) 10-3 1540.00
Sep 14 7:00 W 49 7 H Arlington Heights (St. Viator) 1-8 1389.30
Sep 21 7:00 W 42 6 H Joliet (Catholic Academy) 10-4 1032.90
Sep 28 7:00 W 42 0 A Chicago Heights (Marian) 1-8 1004.00
Oct 5 7:00 W 34 13 A LaGrange Park (Nazareth Academy) 13-1 1254.00
Oct 12 7:00 W 42 6 H Woodstock (Marian) 3-6 1087.35
Oct 19 7:00 W 24 7 A Lisle (Benet Academy) 6-4 2174.70

IMO, it's about time that Marist upgrades their regular season schedule. They are now a consistent 8A power and should relish the challenge of a more difficult schedule.
Will be interesting to see what happens. Marist has not fared too well vs MC/BR/LA lately. 1-7 since 2014. Losses to BR '14,'16,'18 twice, LA '15, '17, MC '15.

Will be interesting to see what happens. Marist has not fared too well vs MC/BR/LA lately. 1-7 since 2014. Losses to BR '14,'16,'18 twice, LA '15, '17, MC '15.
Marist hasnt been able to win alot of these games but they definitly competed and showed they belonged in most, outside of LA state championship game. Marist has put some beat downs on Rice since the rivalry came back in 2011 while Rice still leads the series. Marist also had MC on the ropes at Soldier Field in 15 but couldnt pull it out. Tough schedule, but I think Marist will be fine in CCL if they continue to get the kids they have been getting.

Reactions: Gene K.
Marist hasnt been able to win alot of these games but they definitly competed and showed they belonged in most, outside of LA state championship game. Marist has put some beat downs on Rice since the rivalry came back in 2011 while Rice still leads the series. Marist also had MC on the ropes at Soldier Field in 15 but couldnt pull it out. Tough schedule, but I think Marist will be fine in CCL if they continue to get the kids they have been getting.
LA also won the '17 game by a fairly wide margin.

Last edited:
Marist has a decent Sr to be (Hayden M) coming back who played well in playoff game vs Rice when Markett was down. They have a nice JR to be RB (Jovan) they have 2 WRs coming back (Thompson being a cut above anyone). They have 2 OL starters and another who got a lot of playing time. So on O Marist will be fine. Defensively they return 2 DLs, 1 LB and 2DBs so they will be fine there too. I say 7-2

IMO, it's about time that Marist upgrades their regular season schedule. They are now a consistent 8A power and should relish the challenge of a more difficult schedule.[/QUOTE]

Just now they are?? Clueless.

It's good to see Marist playing not just Rice but also MC too. Good to see them maintain the rivalry with Naz. Would have been nice to see Rita on their schedule but oh well.

Just now they are?? Clueless.[/QUOTE]
They consistently had Rice in their Non Con slate followed by ESCC schedule. Curious as to what else you would have wanted them to do?

Reactions: tmjgrady
I]
Just now they are?? Clueless.
Not sure what you mean by "just now they are". They have been an 8A power for awhile. And that was the point of my post. IMO, they did not play a regular season schedule commensurate with their 8A power status last year. For instance, I don't see the likes of 5A JCA, 5A MCC, 5A Viator (who has been way down of late) and Marian Catholic (who hasn't been able to compete with Marist in over a decade). As I said in my post, they have an upgraded schedule in 2019, and it's about time.

Marist has a RB who probably would have started as a sophomore this year that was injured during basketball last season and missed the year. Not sure if he is playing this year but he was their best player on the frosh team two years ago.

Like I said I think Marist can be middle of the pack CCL, the game that is worry some for playoff qualifying is @LZ non conference. With such a tough conference schedule, seems silly to schedule that difficult of an away non conference game.

Nice schedule for the fans. Also should keep the team focused. The key will be to win early, don't want to have your backs against the wall with MC, Naz, and LA remaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT