ADVERTISEMENT

Hilltoppers 31 Marist 30 2OT FINAL

Feels weird saying this but if Marist learned how to cover the pass after last year’s game they will be in good shape.

I'm not sure I can ask this question without choking, but is it possible JCA went to the pass a little too much in the beginning of the 1st half?

Reactions: pjjp
How are you holding up with games like tonight and fenwick?!
Not bad, since the Hilltoppers were able to find a way two weeks in row. Fenwick missed a FG after hitting an upright last week. Marist missed the extra point in the second OT after hitting an upright. Ya gotta believe.

Reactions: UAGoofy
That was a huge win. JC just sucked it up and found a way to win. Almost found a way to pull it out at the end of regulation on a ridiculous catch that got negated by a penalty.

For all the positives the Hilltoppers showed and the gutsy effort it was by both teams, I am sure Marist will watch film and wonder what the heck happened in the second half. With them up 17-7 and controlling the game, I don't think anyone was predicting a comeback there from the offense.

And man, that defense. Take away one broken play on 4th and a long goal in the first quarter and the one 80 yard run and they were stingy as heck. I know the scoreboard shows them giving up a good number of points in 2OT, but they found a way to make it hard against a really good offfense and came up with big stop after big stop and some timely turnovers.

Defense seems to be championship caliber. Offense showing signs of life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT