ADVERTISEMENT

Maine East 30, Niles North 7 (Final)

Alexander32

Oct 24, 2016
Maine East defeated Niles North 30 to 7 Thursday night. That was Maine East's first conference win in 12 years. They last won a conference game in 2012 when they beat Maine West.

The victory Thursday night was also their third overall win of the season, which they also last did in 2012.

With Highland Park on the schedule for next week, it is possible they might win a second conference game and fourth overall game this year.

It has been a wonderful season for the Blue Demons.

Dare to dream... victories over HP and Niles West would leave them 5-4 and playoff eligible. Low points unfortunately.

Reactions: mc414
That would be awesome!!!
I feel safe saying there's never been a time when all three Maine Township high schools have been in the playoffs the same year. The one time Maine East went in 1977, Maine South and Maine West were both in the same division of the CSL, and Maine East beat both teams that year - and back then only the conference champion went to the playoffs. Maine East was 9-0 and went, while Glenbrook South was 8-1 and did not.

Reactions: CCHS-Fan
I feel safe saying there's never been a time when all three Maine Township high schools have been in the playoffs the same year. The one time Maine East went in 1977, Maine South and Maine West were both in the same division of the CSL, and Maine East beat both teams that year - and back then only the conference champion went to the playoffs. Maine East was 9-0 and went, while Glenbrook South was 8-1 and did not.
As a district employee for 30+ years that would really be amazing! I want all three schools to have great success!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT