ADVERTISEMENT

Lyons down 33-14 to Currie

I’ve been in lurking mode lately due to a lot of people’s immature BS , but I’m not hiding and right here now since you specifically callled my name and I’m happy to answer any questions.

First of all congrats to Curie. Great for them. They have a couple of skill position kids more athletically talented than anyone we faced in the WSS, and a couple of big linemen. With that said , I’m not saying they will beat Marist or even close , but definitely a few great sthletes although they aren’t deep. With that said , we looked terrible. I’m pretty sure Curie threw one pass the entire game. One! I knew Hinsdale Central threw 4 passes the entire game and GW And DGN were similar , the last half of the season teams figured out they could just overpower us with power running games and the same against out offensive fronts, and we had a lot of highly rated linemen on both sides of the balll. I’d be surprised if this coaching staff is back next year.

And there are a couple of immature DBs on this thread again. For one , I’d like proof LT is “ overrated every year “. They are rarely highly rated early and if anything have had a few seasons where they had surprising playoff runs. But as mentioned “have another beer “.
At the end of the day it’s a kid’s sport that some take a little too seriously.
Like transfer to another school and back while trashing the coaching staff on a message board serious? You’re right some do take it a little too serious.

One day we can meet up and I’ll show you proof. No issues with AD whatsoever.

As far as LT not being overrated... Well they’ve accomplished nothing, ever, so any ranking would by definite be overranking them, but what do I know, I’m just a DB :cool:.
First one is on me.

They didn’t. They lost to two overrated teams as well.
So Glenbard west and hinsdale central are overrated? HC lost one game in the regular season against a very good team from Ohio. HC beat Hinsdale South who just dominated the top seed in their bracket. Stevenson is never a pushover in the playoffs but HC dispatched of the better easily. GW got blow out by the defending state champ week 1 and since have won 9 in a row. We will see how good they are this week vs Oswego.

I’d be surprised if this coaching staff is back next year.
The staff will be back. At some point coaching doesn't make a difference when the players on the field can not stop teams they know are running the ball. LT seemed to have a fair amount of younger talent on both sides of the ball. Hopefully the have a good freshman or sophomore QB to take BB's spot.

So Glenbard west and hinsdale central are overrated? HC lost one game in the regular season against a very good team from Ohio. HC beat Hinsdale South who just dominated the top seed in their bracket. Stevenson is never a pushover in the playoffs but HC dispatched of the better easily. GW got blow out by the defending state champ week 1 and since have won 9 in a row. We will see how good they are this week vs Oswego.
I was referencing last year in that quote.

Got it. My bad. LT was very good last year. Defense had some great seniors in that class. They were one play away from winning that palatine game.

Because CPS schools get shit on so much in these parts. But they work just as hard. And it's good to see it work out for them.

ESCC:

Completely agree!

Every year as the playoffs begin, people scoff at CPS teams which qualify. In particular, the CPS teams which are seeded highest tend to receive an inordinate amount of scorn cast and when a CPS team falls in round one or two, some members of the forum busy themselves mocking the defeated team.

One of the most common arguments against CPS teams is the seeding. I can not tell you how often a top seeded CPS team is derided, but a suburban team with little tradition or weak schedule avoids criticism for the same seed.

When the CPS team falls, they are endlessly criticized, but not a word is uttered when the suburban team falls in round one.

I am thoroughly enjoying Curie's win; it is every bit as fulfilling as Simeon dismantling Hinsdale Central 55-7 in the quarters a few years back.

Tota
ESCC:

Completely agree!

Every year as the playoffs begin, people scoff at CPS teams which qualify. In particular, the CPS teams which are seeded highest tend to receive an inordinate amount of scorn cast and when a CPS team falls in round one or two, some members of the forum busy themselves mocking the defeated team.

One of the most common arguments against CPS teams is the seeding. I can not tell you how often a top seeded CPS team is derided, but a suburban team with little tradition or weak schedule avoids criticism for the same seed.

When the CPS team falls, they are endlessly criticized, but not a word is uttered when the suburban team falls in round one.

I am thoroughly enjoying Curie's win; it is every bit as fulfilling as Simeon dismantling Hinsdale Central 55-7 in the quarters a few years back.

Yep, CPS schools do get crapped on on here for sure. I understand the reasoning behind it as Philips is the only school to win a state title in the CPS in forever, but there are suburban schools that suck just as much and play weak schedules as well.

In reply to SilverHelmets, coaching DOES matter. LT has 80 kids on the roster, no kids playing both ways, and more talent than Curie. Curie has 30 kids total, 6 senior, 5 freshman that start, about half the kids play both ways, etc. Coaching and scheme make a difference for sure. You still need to have the horses, but if your coaching and scheme suck, you can have world beaters and still not amount to much.

BTW, no recent praise from @MWittman of the OPRF coach? Big school with many fine, fine athletes. Why no sustained success and all the early playoff exits?

Wha'ppen?

Reactions: MWittman
King, I ageee that coaching can make the difference. The point i was poorly trying to make that if a team is going to run the ball every play then the players need to be able to stop them. I didn't see this game but the GW-LT game. LT tried to stack the box but GW just blew them off the ball. I assume LT was putting 9 in the box last night but didn't have the horses among their 80 kids.

Tremendously overrated. Yes I’m aware my team stinks.

Not overrated, LT has always been a program where one expects a bit more than their usual first or second round flameouts. There are enough Catholic grade school teams and youth football league teams feeding the program where one would think that there would be more than enough capable players in a roughly 4,000 student body.

King, I ageee that coaching can make the difference. The point i was poorly trying to make that if a team is going to run the ball every play then the players need to be able to stop them. I didn't see this game but the GW-LT game. LT tried to stack the box but GW just blew them off the ball. I assume LT was putting 9 in the box last night but didn't have the horses among their 80 kids.

Maybe I have to go back and rewatch the LT/GW gam but my impression was they stayed in a 4DB defense covering Pierce over/under all night except down close when they finally went man and Pierce converted the fade. GW OC Sigs responded by pounding the front 7 into submission with 400 yds on the ground.

Not calling out LT coaches but I thought they never had a scheme that exploited the size they had by forcing GW into the air. Again, maybe I am remembering wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time

Not overrated, LT has always been a program where one expects a bit more than their usual first or second round flameouts. There are enough Catholic grade school teams and youth football league teams feeding the program where one would think that there would be more than enough capable players in a roughly 4,000 student body.
I’m confused you say not overrated but then the rest of your post is examples of them being overrated.

I’ve been in lurking mode lately due to a lot of people’s immature BS , but I’m not hiding and right here now since you specifically callled my name and I’m happy to answer any questions.

First of all congrats to Curie. Great for them. They have a couple of skill position kids more athletically talented than anyone we faced in the WSS, and a couple of big linemen. With that said , I’m not saying they will beat Marist or even close , but definitely a few great sthletes although they aren’t deep. With that said , we looked terrible. I’m pretty sure Curie threw one pass the entire game. One! I knew Hinsdale Central threw 4 passes the entire game and GW And DGN were similar , the last half of the season teams figured out they could just overpower us with power running games and the same against out offensive fronts, and we had a lot of highly rated linemen on both sides of the balll. I’d be surprised if this coaching staff is back next year.

And there are a couple of immature DBs on this thread again. For one , I’d like proof LT is “ overrated every year “. They are rarely highly rated early and if anything have had a few seasons where they had surprising playoff runs. But as mentioned “have another beer “.
At the end of the day it’s a kid’s sport that some take a little too seriously.
LT has been a head scratcher all season. I watched them several times before the GW game. They seemed to have good, individual tallent on both sides od the ball. But, in every game I watched, they seemed way too casual as a team. That may sound strange, but I can't recall a time when they actually dominated anyone. Kinda played down to the competition's level rather than having their own identity and imposing it on the competition (that sounds like an ugly comment but it's true). In any case, the coaches have 10 months to figure out what went wrong. And if they conclude that nothing went wrong, then they were over rated.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT