ADVERTISEMENT

Lyons down 33-14 to Currie

What???? This is a shocker to me. This team was great last year and returned a ton...

Sandburg beats curie in ot.Lyons punks Sandburg.Ya never know.Hats off to the CPS.They impressed me much more than most of the ex Sica Schools & the CCL

I wasn’t that impressed with them last year either.
They were very good last year. I saw them against Palatine last year and I felt like they were the best team Palatine played other than Maine South.

They were very good last year. I saw them against Palatine last year and I felt like they were the best team Palatine played other than Maine South.
I saw them play 5-6 times last year. Playing someone tough and being very very good do not have to go hand in hand. They were overrated last year based off their win over a very banged up GBW and they were obviously incredibly overrated again this year.

I saw them play 5-6 times last year. Playing someone tough and being very very good do not have to go hand in hand. They were overrated last year based off their win over a very banged up GBW and they were obviously incredibly overrated again this year.
Not sure why you think they were overrated. They were a really good team. Not just based on playing teams tough, they very easily could've been a semifinal team if they beat Palatine.

Not sure why you think they were overrated. They were a really good team. Not just based on playing teams tough, they very easily could've been a semifinal team if they beat Palatine.
They didn’t. They lost to two overrated teams as well. I’m not going to get into specifics of why I think they’re overrated because I don’t believe in putting down individual KIDS on here but I didn’t buy the hype last year or this year and it just ended like the other 100+ years of LT football.

They didn’t. They lost to two overrated teams as well. I’m not going to get into specifics of why I think they’re overrated because I don’t believe in putting down individual KIDS on here but I didn’t buy the hype last year or this year and it just ended like the other 100+ years of LT football.
Tbh you could say the same thing about Fenwick. Mediocre program over the last 25 years. Beat three average teams then got screwed by another average team.

Reactions: Catch--22
Tbh you could say the same thing about Fenwick. Mediocre program over the last 25 years. Beat three average teams then got screwed by another average team.
You seem butthurt. Please point out where I ever said anything about Fenwick being some powerhouse program. You’ll be looking awhile. Yet through Fenwick’s recent mediocrity they still made a semifinal appearance (I won’t get into where they should have been) in the past calendar year. You know how many semi final appearances LT has in their history? I won’t ruin the surprise, go look.

Reactions: Badboybrodie
You seem butthurt. Please point out where I ever said anything about Fenwick being some powerhouse program. You’ll be looking awhile. Yet through Fenwick’s recent mediocrity they still made a semifinal appearance (I won’t get into where they should have been) in the past calendar year. You know how many semi final appearances LT has in their history? I won’t ruin the surprise, go look.
Not butthurt at all. I have zero connections to LT. I just find your hate for LT hilarious. I could care less about how many semifinal appearances LT has had. All I'm saying is that they were a really good team last year and I'm surprised how far they fell this year losing to Curie. You seem to hate on LT for no apparent reason.

I will take a guess. Um....zero.

Where’s Guido? Yikes!!

I’ve been in lurking mode lately due to a lot of people’s immature BS , but I’m not hiding and right here now since you specifically callled my name and I’m happy to answer any questions.

First of all congrats to Curie. Great for them. They have a couple of skill position kids more athletically talented than anyone we faced in the WSS, and a couple of big linemen. With that said , I’m not saying they will beat Marist or even close , but definitely a few great sthletes although they aren’t deep. With that said , we looked terrible. I’m pretty sure Curie threw one pass the entire game. One! I knew Hinsdale Central threw 4 passes the entire game and GW And DGN were similar , the last half of the season teams figured out they could just overpower us with power running games and the same against out offensive fronts, and we had a lot of highly rated linemen on both sides of the balll. I’d be surprised if this coaching staff is back next year.

And there are a couple of immature DBs on this thread again. For one , I’d like proof LT is “ overrated every year “. They are rarely highly rated early and if anything have had a few seasons where they had surprising playoff runs. But as mentioned “have another beer “.
At the end of the day it’s a kid’s sport that some take a little too seriously.

I’ve been in lurking mode lately due to a lot of people’s immature BS , but I’m not hiding and right here now since you specifically callled my name and I’m happy to answer any questions.

First of all congrats to Curie. Great for them. They have a couple of skill position kids more athletically talented than anyone we faced in the WSS, and a couple of big linemen. With that said , I’m not saying they will beat Marist or even close , but definitely a few great sthletes although they aren’t deep. With that said , we looked terrible. I’m pretty sure Curie threw one pass the entire game. One! I knew Hinsdale Central threw 4 passes the entire game and GW And DGN were similar , the last half of the season teams figured out they could just overpower us with power running games and the same against out offensive fronts, and we had a lot of highly rated linemen on both sides of the balll. I’d be surprised if this coaching staff is back next year.

And there are a couple of immature DBs on this thread again. For one , I’d like proof LT is “ overrated every year “. They are rarely highly rated early and if anything have had a few seasons where they had surprising playoff runs. But as mentioned “have another beer “.
I personally know the LT coaching staff athletic director assistant athletic director couldn't ask for a better group of people. I take it personal when these guys get called out on stuff that just isn't true.

Gotcha. But What happened? Running on the edge by the skill guys got them? Turnovers? That’s a crazy score.

I personally know the LT coaching staff athletic director assistant athletic director couldn't ask for a better group of people. I take it personal when these guys get called out on stuff that just isn't true.
One day we can meet up and I’ll show you proof. No issues with AD whatsoever.

As far as LT not being overrated... Well they’ve accomplished nothing, ever, so any ranking would by definition be overranking them, but what do I know, I’m just a DB :cool:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT