ADVERTISEMENT

Lynch meets the team ...

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Players meeting with new head coach Jordan Lynch now.
  • Door closed and locked at Noon. Latecomers doing sprints in gym.
  • Someone just got kicked out for slouching.
  • Offense: full revamp.
  • Gold britches may return vs LA.
More details to follow... stay tuned.

Ouch!
Going for the hard sell day one.

• Two stacks of forms: full commitment cards, another: applications to transfer. "Pick one."
  • "Don't make any plans for Thanksgiving."
  • Weight room opens at 6am.

• Two stacks of forms: full commitment cards, another: applications to transfer. "Pick one."
  • "Don't make any plans for Thanksgiving."
  • Weight room opens at 6am.
Wow!

While I like the Thanksgiving thing, the other one is kind of in your face for the underclassmen.

• New individual conditioning standards set.
  • New nutritional guidelines.
  • Gately dogs replaced with lean chicken breast kabobs.

Keep elements of the brown but
  • New individual conditioning standards set.
  • New nutritional guidelines.
  • Gately dogs replaced with lean chicken breast kabobs.
mandatoey Bowie bars and Bowie milk served before and after conditioning. I have shareholders for Christ sake.

The transfer line should include cell numbers for the coaches at Phillips.
I wonder if Marist, Rice or Rita will be getting any calls? If a kid was an option QB on lower levels would I want to stay?

Can the IHSA keep a kid from playing Sophomore ball at another private school? I know it's a no go for the varsity. But if you tell a kid to leave?

what are the private to private transfer rules? would a kid be eligible if he transferred before spring semester

If you were an option kid why would you want to go Rice, Marist or Rita?

All of this sounds familiar with new coaches on all levels. Kind of like a pro or college press conference, "We're gonna do this, we're gonna do that...etc, etc." In the words of Mike Ditka after his firing... "This too shall pass."

what are the private to private transfer rules? would a kid be eligible if he transferred before spring semester
It used to be if you went private to private and competed in that sport the previous season then you would have to sit the next season unless it was due to a move. I'm sure there's been wrinkles added to it, I know there is a bullying rule now....

Has Lenti been allowed to address the team since the announcement was made?

Say what you will about “typical new coach stuff”. I like the message.

Kids these days need a shake up. Most of them are soft and entitled. Commitment to something bigger than yourself is a valuable thing for a young man to learn.

Kids these days need a shake up. Most of them are soft and entitled. Commitment to something bigger than yourself is a valuable thing for a young man to learn.

That was the calling card of Lenti. Lenti was the shakeup in their "soft entitled" lives.

Did Jordan Lynch kick someone out of the meeting? Is this something Coach Lenti would do? Ref posted about Coach shaking up "soft entitled" lives.

I was just replying to Cat Box stating that Lynch shaking up "soft entitled" his words not mine, was something Lenti was known for thus not necessarily a change in the program.

Maybe my perception is not the reality of Lenti in this regard.

I was just replying to Cat Box stating that Lynch shaking up "soft entitled" his words not mine, was something Lenti was known for thus not necessarily a change in the program.

Maybe my perception is not the reality of Lenti in this regard.

I hear you. If JL kicked someone out of his meeting, then I was just saying that may have been something Coach Lenti has done in the past, so JL, learned something from Coach.

Who said it was a bad thing? Did I type that? You should have been more positive and typed "Is that a good thing?"
No one said it was a bad thing. I was being sarcastic. In other words, what I meant was, "is it a bad thing?" as to mean it's a good thing...right?" So, in the end I was saying pretty much anything he can take from Lenti is a good thing, correct?

Now, if I had made a declarative statement such as: "that is a bad thing" your response would have been a little different and more accurate. But since I didn't write it that way, your response shows you misinterpreted my original statement, which, indeed and again, was to ask if it was a bad thing while actually saying it's a good thing. :):) I had a few minutes to kill and this did the trick.

Mt Carmel isn’t even back in school yet...there hasn’t been any meeting. Ignazio stirring the pot, as usual

Reactions: ignazio
Mt Carmel isn’t even back in school yet...there hasn’t been any meeting. Ignazio stirring the pot, as usual

School doesn’t have to be in session for there to be meetings, practices, conditioning/lifting. I am taking my son to basketball practice again today at 10 A.M.

Meeting was held, my son was there, lot of what he said happened didn't, but I assume it was meant to be taken as tongue and cheek

Reactions: ignazio

Those soft and entitled kids would likely put you in traction. Just saying...

Reactions: Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT