ADVERTISEMENT

LWE Vs Warren

Does anyone know why they haven’t posted the date and time yet? Is East home or away?
Dates and times usually arent posted until monday.

Sites can be determined by just looking at the bracket.

Oh, I see Corey well if its Friday night I will be taking a half day but you can by pregame meal ... lol,

Reactions: corey90
Early lines out….LWE -7.5…O/U 35.5

I think this is the best game by far in the playoffs this weekend. Re-match of the 19 title game. 2 public schools that do things the right way! Wish I didn’t have a wedding to go to!

This one should be a good one. A couple weeks ago I didn't think Warren would make it this far. McNulty has done a nice job changing things up from the regular season. I think they are still too one dimensional with a power run game only, but this is HS football and not the NFL so if you can do that effectively there is nothing else that needs to be done. Beast will have the best defense Warren has seen, but Warren's OL has been opening monster holes for Thompson and Thompson doesn't dance. He is a north/south runner.

I still have to give the edge to LWE but this is going to be a good one!!

Great observation class1994 ... please not, Warren has multiple options on offense. Adam can throw the ball (D1 baseball player) and is calm under pressure. Moreover, he has multiple skill guys to throw to .... he does not throw to one player. I agree, if Warren can remain balanced on offense and play solid defense they have a chance to win but it will be tough. This will be a back yard battle by two public schools. You win with you have. So coaching & players making plays will determine the winner - looking forward to game on Saturday. 🎢💯

Great observation class1994 ... please not, Warren has multiple options on offense. Adam can throw the ball (D1 baseball player) and is calm under pressure. Moreover, he has multiple skill guys to throw to .... he does not throw to one player. I agree, if Warren can remain balanced on offense and play solid defense they have a chance to win but it will be tough. This will be a back yard battle by two public schools. You win with you have. So coaching & players making plays will determine the winner - looking forward to game on Saturday. 🎢💯
I have seen Warren 4 times live this year and watched a couple more online. There is no doubt Behrens has the arm strength to throw the ball. The problem is that I have yet to see Warren have an effective passing attack. I'm not talking about games against Mundy, ZB or Waukegan. I have seen Behrens run the ball with great success, but McNulty isn't looking to throw the ball unless he has to do so. The good news is that Warren rarely has to do so. In similar fashion it doesn't look like LWE likes to throw much more than Warren.

I have seen Warren 4 times live this year and watched a couple more online. There is no doubt Behrens has the arm strength to throw the ball. The problem is that I have yet to see Warren have an effective passing attack. I'm not talking about games against Mundy, ZB or Waukegan. I have seen Behrens run the ball with great success, but McNulty isn't looking to throw the ball unless he has to do so. The good news is that Warren rarely has to do so. In similar fashion it doesn't look like LWE likes to throw much more than Warren.
I love these breakdowns! Great stuff. To me this game does come down to throwing the ball. LWE can and does it very well. The Qb is small but very hard to catch.

Behrens can throw it and they he has guys that can go get it.

Another element is the kicking game. Warrens is better but not at LWE level. A key element that LWE I am sure is looking at is the return game. Callahan is trouble back there on punts and KO.

Going to be a great game of strategy for sure.

I love these breakdowns! Great stuff. To me this game does come down to throwing the ball. LWE can and does it very well. The Qb is small but very hard to catch.

Behrens can throw it and they he has guys that can go get it.

Another element is the kicking game. Warrens is better but not at LWE level. A key element that LWE I am sure is looking at is the return game. Callahan is trouble back there on punts and KO.

Going to be a great game of strategy for sure.
After the TD return for 95 yards to open the 2nd half at Andrew, East would not likely intentionally kick in #7's direction. Also, his production on jet sweeps will not go unnoticed either.

That's exactly it. Warren has a QB with decent arm talent and at least most of the year could like up with 2 WRs who could win most 1 on 1 matchups AND a TE who could do so as well. However there's just no timing/crispness/intentionality with the passing game because they simply don't emphasize it. I also think that as physical and good as their OL has been, it isn't particularly long or athletic which hurts them in pass pro. They're good going forward, mediocre going backward. But it works 9 times out of 10. But in the past 5 years Warren has lost 4 games. They've given up a total of 55 points in those 4 games (including 23 to LZ this year, the first time giving up 20 since 2018) and scored 0, 2, 7 and 14 in those games respectively. When Warren loses its because someone contains their run game and they can't generate points through the air.

I side more with Oleboy than Newt on the passing attack but I 100% agree with Newt with respect to Callahan. He is as good as I have seen in the last few years. He must have close to 6-8 TDs on returns in his varsity career.

I side more with Oleboy than Newt on the passing attack but I 100% agree with Newt with respect to Callahan. He is as good as I have seen in the last few years. He must have close to 6-8 TDs on returns in his varsity career.
Think he has 4-5 on KR and PR this year.

Once we find out the game time I will see if we can meet somewhere in Frankfort close to the field prior to the game. It would be great to finally meet you guys.
Micahjones, Lake City Newt, since the game time is 1pm. We can meet at
Jamesons Pub.
9545 W. St. Francis Rd.
They open at 11:am so we would have enough time to eat and still be at the game at 1pm. It’s just before you get to the field on Lagrange Rd.
WIU78 your welcome to join also, would love to meet all you guys!

MS4EVER you are correct Turner is a league kid. His brother is league kid as well. They are part of the Michael Turner fanily (Turner the Burner past starting RB for Arlanta Falcons). Turner #4 his physical, good size, fast, smart, etc. he has been a problem for a lot of teams. Maybe the best Safety in state. Mcnulty moves him around to have impact. Kretz is a solid MLB + TE. Warren secondary his solid. They can lock up 1:1 w/o doubling teaming WR's. Unless you have seen Warren live ... their speed and physicality is pretty impressive. LWE has simlar athletes. Should be a good game. 🎢

Jamesons Pub.
9545 W. St. Francis Rd.
They open at 11:am so we would have enough time to eat and still be at the game at 1pm. It’s just before you get to the field on Lagrange Rd.
Sounds good. What time?

Jamesons Pub.
9545 W. St. Francis Rd.
Thanks Corey. I’ll plan on it!

MS4EVER you are correct Turner is a league kid. His brother is league kid as well. They are part of the Michael Turner fanily (Turner the Burner past starting RB for Arlanta Falcons). Turner #4 his physical, good size, fast, smart, etc. he has been a problem for a lot of teams. Maybe the best Safety in state. Mcnulty moves him around to have impact. Kretz is a solid MLB + TE. Warren secondary his solid. They can lock up 1:1 w/o doubling teaming WR's. Unless you have seen Warren live ... their speed and physicality is pretty impressive. LWE has simlar athletes. Should be a good game. 🎢
I’m not sure @MS4EVER was suggesting that #4 needs to be watched because he is good (he is). The way he phrased it along with the hit he made on Leyden almost ended MS’s season. I will just say it wasn’t a hit that was impressive.

I hope someoe is not saying the hit was illegal because it was not the QB is big kid that was running the ball full speed (no sliding) and took a legal tackle (shoulder to shoulder). Injuries happen in football. I do not want to see any player get hurt or injuried. My son played fior Warren and took big hits (legal). Anyway I am leaving this discussion alone. LWE & Warren hopefully will be a good game..Warren will come ready to play physical & agressive ... that is the teams DNA. No more post for me see everyone on Saturday. Stay safe everyone 🙏🏾 🎢

That was for sure a legal hit! There were a couple hits the backup took that after watching film were clearly targeting by rule. That being said, I’m old school… big hits are part of the deal. My biggest issue in that game wasn’t the hits we were taking, it was the fact we weren’t answering in kind.
MS is a different team now. Starting to get the swagger back.

Good luck to both LWE and Warren this weekend, and hope all these boys stay healthy.

I’m not sure @MS4EVER was suggesting that #4 needs to be watched because he is good (he is). The way he phrased it along with the hit he made on Leyden almost ended MS’s season. I will just say it wasn’t a hit that was impressive.
He is VERY good! No disrespect was meant. And yes the hit was legal.

How’s the crowd going to be? May have to arrive a bit late. Will Warren crowd travel that far south well?

This could be the year, Micah, this could be the year. No offense to East, Corey, but Warren is due. I'll be watching this one.

• Love
Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT