ADVERTISEMENT

LWE score

Corey 3 turnovers by East. Officiating is less than Pop Warner. CrossBones has experienced the atmosphere.

I popped in and out of the stream. Haven't seen anything crazy by the refs but admittedly I've been watching some IC/SF and a little bit of some other games...
Saw the long LWE TD run by the QB which was crazy. BB had a punt return TD and a TD catch both by #5 May who is a really underrated player.
BB was my Feeto pick - although i didn't have the stones to really go for that pick.

Comments here are implying that BB's lead is flukey but I've been tuned in a while and I'm not seeing that. BB looks really good particularly on D. Thanks for posting the stream doctor d.

Reactions: 4Afan
I’ve only been watching the 2nd half, but this looks like a good game. The INT thrown by LWE at the -10 wasn’t on the refs.

Not sure what it is. A few years back when Bradley went to the semis they put a rather one sided beating on LWE. We played them and lost by 1 on 2 fluky TDs off of passes that were deflected by the DB, but the game looked extremely one sided in our direction, and we missed the playoffs that year (only time since 94). They just play LWE tough at home I suppose.

Admittedly I didn't watch the whole game, but I didn't see anything weird from the refs.

BB has 4 losses, but they are by a combined 15 points with one being OT. They have some decent skill kids and are solid enough to make some noise down in 7a depending on the draw.
That crazy scramble TD run by LWE QB was a bit of a back breaker.

Not sure what it is. A few years back when Bradley went to the semis they put a rather one sided beating on LWE. We played them and lost by 1 on 2 fluky TDs off of passes that were deflected by the DB, but the game looked extremely one sided in our direction, and we missed the playoffs that year (only time since 94). They just play LWE tough at home I suppose.
That was the year LWE and LW North merged. 2015 maybe? I was there and that was one of the few regular season butt kickings I’ve witnessed on LWE. The other was against the Brook a few years prior and both games we had a big crew together for my birthday. I stayed home last week when they played Lockport just in case.

Reactions: WIU78
w
Admittedly I didn't watch the whole game, but I didn't see anything weird from the refs.

BB has 4 losses, but they are by a combined 15 points with one being OT. They have some decent skill kids and are solid enough to make some noise down in 7a depending on the draw.
That crazy scramble TD run by LWE QB was a bit of a back breaker.
The first half late long near touchdown pass had an offensive pass interference obviously not called. Two questionable holding calls negating long LWE runs deep into BB territory were the ref questions. Second half was as well called as you could expect. Turnovers were the downfall of the Griffins and to make those mistakes were the bigger issue. Bradley played a great game as well with zero turnovers. If a team can’t overcome a bad half of officiating ( my opinion ) a team does not deserve to win. You can’t expect your D to make a stop from the 4 yd line after an INT inside your 10. No mistaking the Boilers were in place to pull the upset. Credit to them and the Boilers should do well in the playoffs. Competitive bunch who have lost some super close games all season.

Reactions: doctor_d
I know I've mentioned it but think about it... a team that's lost 4 times by combined 15 points and their biggest margin of defeat was a game that went into OT. That's pretty crazy.

Last edited:
That was the year LWE and LW North merged. 2015 maybe? I was there and that was one of the few regular season butt kickings I’ve witnessed on LWE. The other was against the Brook a few years prior and both games we had a big crew together for my birthday. I stayed home last week when they played Lockport just in case.
Similar turnover fest in Bradley that year when we had dueling QBs at East who both threw at least two INT’s each. BB had two outstanding DB / athletes and I believe one went on to Wisconsin. Another example of the ugly in Bradley by LW.

Reactions: jvp123
I made the trek to Bradley. While maybe a few officiating misses, 5 turnovers to 0 had nothing to do with offials. And was surprised that Bradley stuffed so many runs, but had LB's crashing every play. BB's line was rather small, but quick.

I did see a lot of new jerseys playing on East. Not sure what that was about. East QB played his worst game with the exception of a brilliant scramble for a TD. I sat in BB's stands for a better view.

All in all, East did not look like they were really ready to play. 5 turnovers, a returned punt for a TD, plus several sacks where East QB looked like he was running the wrong way and lost copious yardage trying to elude BB's rush. But it did *seem* like there were a lot of substitutes and #23 did not come in until 4Q...he is a load and did not have any carries.

In a way, this might be just what East needed to make a deep run in the Playoffs. BB is going to be a tough out in Playoffs if they play with the same intensity.

Just watched the video from the game. The BB punt returned for TD had an obvious block in the back to take the initial tackler down at the point of reception. Long pass just before half had the receiver pull down the DB by the shoulders just before he jumped to make the catch. It is also on the players twitter account as a highlight? The TD catch after the takedown of the DB is too close to call but may have bounced first?Would not have excused a loss that would have been because of a five turnover game for LWE. Bradley Bourbonnais should have won this game. Good luck to both teams moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cross Bones
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT