ADVERTISEMENT

LWE 38 LWC 0 2min 3rd qtr

East looks fast

they play FAST! That’s all from drilling and recognition. Examples: Their LB’s look like their blitzing when they are simply reacting to their keys.

ton of respect to LWE and they have earned it over and over again every year.

Reactions: Cross Bones
they play FAST! That’s all from drilling and recognition. Examples: Their LB’s look like their blitzing when they are simply reacting to their keys.

ton of respect to LWE and they have earned it over and over again every year.

Final score 38-2 East.

Seeing East live you have to hand it to them yet again this year. This is a very well coached team. Outfit you are right they play fast and are very explosive. I saw a few standouts other than AJ. The D-End #80 is the real deal. RB Johnson is fast, elusive & runs hard. The biggest surprise is their kicker. That kid is good really good. I was impressed with their D. I am not sure they are the biggest team East has had over the years but they are quick and disciplined. East will be a tough match up no matter who they play.
I enjoyed Central chanting to East fans overrated after Central stopped East on a drive at the beginning of the game with East already up 10-0. Well the chanting stopped shortly after when the score was 17-0. Funny stuff , Gota love kids!

Go East!

I would never publicly throw props out to most teams. How couldn’t you though in the story of LWE?,,

Easy...It’s a public league program and you simply don’t give any props to non Privates. Since the beginning of this site it has been a Private school bastion of privilege. There are the rare tip of the cap to programs such as Maine South , however even a storied program with history like the Hawks are shunned.The Pizza Delivery League known as the Chicago Catholic league programs elite get more “air” time, and to be honest that banter fuels the board, and to all of our enjoyment. Enjoy what we have in HS football and just remember if it ain’t Private, it ain’t real.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Easy...It’s a public league program and you simply don’t give any props to non Privates. Since the beginning of this site it has been a Private school bastion of privilege. There are the rare tip of the cap to programs such as Maine South , however even a storied program with history like the Hawks are shunned.The Pizza Delivery League known as the Chicago Catholic league programs elite get more “air” time, and to be honest that banter fuels the board, and to all of our enjoyment. Enjoy what we have in HS football and just remember if it ain’t Private, it ain’t real.

LOL

East looks really good. I can't get over how bad LWC looks though. What the heck happened in the past 2 years to lead to this?

Reactions: Iamjaytee
This game was very Junior class dominated with the playing time for the Knights. They also have the lowest LW 210 enrollment. Overall they are competitive with “other” like programs, just not at LWE level today. They had lost 4 games by 10 total points...Lockport has the same basic results and we glow over how they have turned it around.

Final score 38-2 East.

Seeing East live you have to hand it to them yet again this year. This is a very well coached team. Outfit you are right they play fast and are very explosive. I saw a few standouts other than AJ. The D-End #80 is the real deal. RB Johnson is fast, elusive & runs hard. The biggest surprise is their kicker. That kid is good really good. I was impressed with their D. I am not sure they are the biggest team East has had over the years but they are quick and disciplined. East will be a tough match up no matter who they play.
I enjoyed Central chanting to East fans overrated after Central stopped East on a drive at the beginning of the game with East already up 10-0. Well the chanting stopped shortly after when the score was 17-0. Funny stuff , Gota love kids!

Go East!
This game was very Junior class dominated with the playing time for the Knights. They also have the lowest LW 210 enrollment. Overall they are competitive with “other” like programs, just not at LWE level today. They had lost 4 games by 10 total points...Lockport has the same basic results and we glow over how they have turned it around.
Lincoln Way West has the lowest enrollment of the 3 schools.

I don't think comparing Lockport to lwc results is the same. Lockport had a winless season and a long stretch of bad ones. LWC has been playoff team past few years (last time they had less than 3 wins was 2011) and was about 1 qtr away from beating East not too long ago. It's an alarming drop off in a short amount of time. I think lwc enrollment is just barely under lww. In fairness I'm probably fooled from buying into the optics of the program too, they (coaches) do so much on social media and promote toughness, togetherness, and goal of state that I thought they would be better.

LWC is slightly less student wise to LWW. Take LWE out of the equation. History of the evolution for all four programs in Dist. 210 started at LWC. Turmoil at the HC position at LWC contributed, feeder programs shifted, LWE draws (recruits?) top players. Closing of North moved players again with the LWC program just one year into the rebuild with JC. Stability at the helm surely helps LWW and LWE. LWE has numbers who will wait until senior year to start and they just reload. The Centrals and Wests of the world wait until a stud arrives before they have a run or in LWW attract transfers. I am basically telling you in todays HS football scene there are the haves and have nots and that will continue just as you see in the college ranks today. Be patient. I know the coaching style may be “foreign” but old school doesn’t draw either. Lockport at LWE Friday may give you another view as well now that the Porters are playing for next year as well. AND last but not least...feed those Guys at LWC and get off the vegan diets!

Last edited:
:D

Lol
Not everyone feels the same about LP. :D
To me they look a lot like Central. They visit LWE next will see how far they have turned it around.

Lockport is better than you think Corey. That doesn’t mean that they can beat the big three yet. They did hang in there against the #7 team in 8a.

Lockport is better than you think Corey. That doesn’t mean that they can beat the big three yet. They did hang in there against the #7 team in 8a.

They beat LWC 6-3. The LWC team I saw last night was not very good and hard to believe LP struggled with them. It’s going to be ugly next Friday based on what I just saw.

LWC is slightly less student wise to LWW. Take LWE out of the equation. History of the evolution for all four programs in Dist. 210 started at LWC. Turmoil at the HC position at LWC contributed, feeder programs shifted, LWE draws (recruits?) top players. Closing of North moved players again with the LWC program just one year into the rebuild with JC. Stability at the helm surely helps LWW and LWE. LWE has numbers who will wait until senior year to start and they just reload. The Centrals and Wests of the world wait until a stud arrives before they have a run or in LWW attract transfers. I am basically telling you in todays HS football scene there are the haves and have nots and that will continue just as you see in the college ranks today. Be patient. I know the coaching style may be “foreign” but old school doesn’t draw either. Lockport at LWE Friday may give you another view as well now that the Porters are playing for next year as well. AND last but not least...feed those Guys at LWC and get off the vegan diets!

Give coach Z all the credit for what he has built at East. You said it. East does not rebuild they reload. You will have a hard time finding a program that does it any better. Coach Z will hardly ever play a player both ways. He just doesn’t do it with all the talented players he has he doesn’t need to. This keeps his players fresh in the game. He also builds teams where by halftime the 2nd 3rd stringers are already playing and getting valuable experience. In many cases the 2nd string gets as much playing time as the starters. This continued success is because how coach Z runs his program make no mistake about it he has built something few have.
East has never missed the Playoffs and the others like LWC, LWW and LP have a long way to go if they are going to compete with them.
Go East!
Thanks coach!

Last edited:
Reactions: Iamjaytee
They beat LWC 6-3. The LWC team I saw last night was not very good and hard to believe LP struggled with them. It’s going to be ugly next Friday based on what I just saw.
This game was very Junior class dominated with the playing time for the Knights.
It seems like Central has some RBs missing on offense who were playing earlier in the season. Anybody know where they went?

It seems like Central has some RBs missing on offense who were playing earlier in the season. Anybody know where they went?

No
But it’s prolly due to injury. East didn’t play RB Williams and starting QB either. Johnson did well and AJ did his thing. I am guessing Williams is nursing an injury as is their QB.

A quick look at the IHSA website has LWW at 1901 vs LWC at 2147. So I don't know how anyone comes up with LWC has the lowest 210 enrollment.

Reactions: Iamjaytee and Bwm57
A quick look at the IHSA website has LWW at 1901 vs LWC at 2147. So I don't know how anyone comes up with LWC has the lowest 210 enrollment.
Trust me ref they...today ...have fewer students at LWC. Not a large difference but LWC is below 2000. Trusting an IHSA number is never a good idea either. The data will be there with the Cook Investigation as well.

Last edited:
We're likely not close to being the #7 team in 8A. We may have been earlier in the season, but we don't seem to ever get better as the season progresses as other programs do. What you see in week 1 or 2 is typically what you'll see in week 10 and why there is no week 11.

That’s true. However, you really should forgive your dad. Let it go little buddy.

That’s true. However, you really should forgive your dad. Let it go little buddy.
Thanks Bowie50 but my therapist / Catholic priest assured me it was OK when they closed Mendel that it was not my fathers fault that I had to attend a public school or take my chances at Marian Catholic. I deal with it daily. Now I have to run, the Bears fans are angry eaters at my Dominoes and demand free everything after I drop their pizza.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT