ADVERTISEMENT

LWC Sandburg

brucealmighy

Apr 30, 2006
I don’t think I saw this posted anywhere. The LWC/Sandburg week 9 game was called with 3 minutes left because of a fight breaking out. Not a good look for either program.

I posted this the day after. Mostly everyone got a chuckle from the seabass comment. The job was open pretty quick after this. Not sure if related but probably didn't help. Time is right to move on for LWC. Gotta make a good hire ASAP!

Reactions: brucealmighy
The “fight” was more of a Sandburg sideline out of control and if anything I would be looking at the Eagles HC and some non-uniformed players as the culprit. The coaching position closed applications last week at LWC and the coach has been selected. This altercation had NOTHING to do with the coaching change for the Knights. Not much to see here.

I posted this the day after. Mostly everyone got a chuckle from the seabass comment. The job was open pretty quick after this. Not sure if related but probably didn't help. Time is right to move on for LWC. Gotta make a good hire ASAP!
Everyone thought this guy was a Homerun. Full of Pomp and circumstance & talked a great game! IMO which means nothing also a total control freak who loved being out front. Very different than the other HC’s in the district.

Would they then return all of Andrew kids back?
That a understandable common move by longtime area residents (think Maine South from Maine East or Warren from Wauk, NoGo, Zion) or is that a recent phenomenon under this current HC?

That a understandable common move by longtime area residents (think Maine South from Maine East or Warren from Wauk, NoGo, Zion) or is that a recent phenomenon under this current HC?
In the same district is common across the state. Thou 95% kids are non-athletes. I don't know of any football players personally but I did know of several families where family members lived in both school zones. After school care was the main reason. expl. sisters leave kids off at the the other ones house. Where it comes in that I know was kids from the couple of top drawer travel baseball teams. Kids want to play with their friends.

Everyone thought this guy was a Homerun. Full of Pomp and circumstance & talked a great game! IMO which means nothing also a total control freak who loved being out front. Very different than the other HC’s in the district.
Agree. I think he benefitted right away gaining some great Mokena LWE guys when LWN closed and had a good season or two. Wheels came off immediately. Like you said, great for social media and rah-rah popularity, but could not coach the kids up to potential. Should have been making playoffs consistently. A big warning sign was the constant turnover of assistant coaches, new faces each year, guys leaving the staff each year. Wonder why.

All eyes on in district candidates. Plenty to choose from lwe,LWW staff too. I think the hire will be much more thoughtful this time then just trying to make a splash outside hire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT