ADVERTISEMENT

LW East 28 Minooka 0. Game over.

WIU78

Dec 27, 2006
It’s a game and the halftime corrections will be the deciding factor with the trenches. Two Griffin field goals 42 and 32 yarders. Minooka stuffing the middle. Griffins putting on a pass rush display when called upon. Old fashioned football.

Minooka 2 three and outs. Griffins make them pay. 9:00 of possession and two TDS

Minooka played valiantly in the first half and limited yardage on the LWE run attempts. Stuffed the line of scrimmage. The Indians received the ball first in the 3rd quarter and the Griffins stepped up and forced 2 three and outs. Capitalized on play mix and scored two TD’s in the third. Defensive dominance did not let the Minooka Offense across the 40-45 yard line the entire second half for the Griffins. Good effort for Minooka and they have gained enormously since last facing this team a couple years ago at their place. A program that is to be watched down the road! Pretty good crowd for a 6:30 kick off but still not electric. Good season Indians and we will see you down the road. The Brook should be double thinking the whole conference shuffle.

Last edited:
LWE defense has not allowed a point in the first 2 games of the playoffs. Take notice everyone this Griffin defense is very stingy as they continue to make a run towards the state final.

Reactions: rocketnation
Business as usual in Frankfort! Beast is always tough upfront and the LBs. Four guys on every tackle. Congrats on the win!

Reactions: corey90
Minooka played valiantly in the first half and limited yardage on the LWE run attempts. Stuffed the line of scrimmage. The Indians received the ball first in the 3rd quarter and the Griffins stepped up and forced 2 three and outs. Capitalized on play mix and scored two TD’s in the third. Defensive dominance did not let the Minooka Offense across the 40-45 yard line the entire second half for the Griffins. Good effort for Minooka and they have gained enormously since last facing this team a couple years ago at their place. A program that is to be watched down the road! Pretty good crowd for a 6:30 kick off but still not electric. Good season Indians and we will see you down the road. The Brook should be double thinking the whole conference shuffle.
Haven't beat East in a literal decade. We'll take our chances with Minooka, Oswego, Plainfield N, Oswego E and Yorkville 🤣 against whom we are a combined 4-0 the past 10 years and I think 6-1 all time.

Reactions: WIU78
Haven't beat East in a literal decade. We'll take our chances with Minooka, Oswego, Plainfield N, Oswego E and Yorkville 🤣 against whom we are a combined 4-0 the past 10 years and I think 6-1 all time.
I hear you Bones but how does that make the Raiders better? Tough competition makes you stronger. Maybe you will play an easier schedule and then play East out of conference?

Yes, the SW Prairie is an objectively bad 7A/8A league.

The one team that made the playoffs from the bad half (Joliet West) was not even close to competitive against Ignatius.

Of the 5 teams that made it to the playoffs from the better half of the league, only one made it to the second round. And that was Minooka, who admittedly is a sleeping giant, but has been a sleeping giant for over 20 years with no real signs of moving on to a bigger stage.

The Brook will have no problem consistently being in the top handful of teams in this league. However, it is hard to see this league producing consistent deep playoff runs until something changes.

Reactions: corey90
Wel'll mis you Bones. Some of the most epic high school football games were East vs the Brook.
The Brook and LWE battles were epic during the “Martin” era. Some of the hardest hitting affairs I have to this day seen at the HS level. Bones we will miss the rivalry.

Reactions: Cross Bones
I hear you Bones but how does that make the Raiders better? Tough competition makes you stronger. Maybe you will play an easier schedule and then play East out of conference?
Not sure at this point it's actually easier considering the last two years. But hopefully no guaranteed losses results in more success which will bring more kids out to get our numbers and quality back up. Obvious in the playoffs you're going to eventually play a powerhouse, but we have to get out of round 1 for that to even matter. Right now we're not doing it.
Wel'll mis you Bones. Some of the most epic high school football games were East vs the Brook.

The Brook and LWE battles were epic during the “Martin” era. Some of the hardest hitting affairs I have to this day seen at the HS level. Bones we will miss the rivalry.
Indeed 2005 was probably the hardest hitting game I've seen. And the two in 2006 weren't far behind. And most of the games were very competitive. I wouldn't be surprised if the game gets scheduled at some point in the future.
Yes, the SW Prairie is an objectively bad 7A/8A league.

The one team that made the playoffs from the bad half (Joliet West) was not even close to competitive against Ignatius.

Of the 5 teams that made it to the playoffs from the better half of the league, only one made it to the second round. And that was Minooka, who admittedly is a sleeping giant, but has been a sleeping giant for over 20 years with no real signs of moving on to a bigger stage.

The Brook will have no problem consistently being in the top handful of teams in this league. However, it is hard to see this league producing consistent deep playoff runs until something changes.
Agree that would should be able to compete for conference championships once we figure out how to tackle again. Never seen anything like the past two seasons as far as programs that pride themselves on defense goes.

Not sure at this point it's actually easier considering the last two years. But hopefully no guaranteed losses results in more success which will bring more kids out to get our numbers and quality back up. Obvious in the playoffs you're going to eventually play a powerhouse, but we have to get out of round 1 for that to even matter. Right now we're not doing it.

Indeed 2005 was probably the hardest hitting game I've seen. And the two in 2006 weren't far behind. And most of the games were very competitive. I wouldn't be surprised if the game gets scheduled at some point in the future.

Agree that would should be able to compete for conference championships once we figure out how to tackle again. Never seen anything like the past two seasons as far as programs that pride themselves on defense goes.
Going to miss the Brook games for sure. We will need to get together for a game again maybe in Bolingbrook. I can’t say enough about the competitive games we had with you guys. Never did East take you guys lightly knowing it was always going to be a battle.
Love you Bones! Keep the faith’
Go Raiders!
Go Griffins!

Going to miss the Brook games for sure. We will need to get together for a game again maybe in Bolingbrook. I can’t say enough about the competitive games we had with you guys. Never did East take you guys lightly knowing it was always going to be a battle.
Love you Bones! Keep the faith’
Go Raiders!
Go Griffins!
nobody dick rides ESL and the brook like you do COREY

Reactions: morrisredskinz
He is butt hurt because someone told him the way it is on the other thread.

He is butt hurt because someone told him the way it is on the other thread.
You haven't deleted your account yet? Are you talking about Edgy giving you a spanking and deleting your post? Yeah that was sad for you. Delete your account, and send 20 years of your hot garbage opinions down the drain.

• Haha
Reactions: morrisredskinz
You haven't deleted your account yet? Are you talking about Edgy giving you a spanking and deleting your post? Yeah that was sad for you. Delete your account, and send 20 years of your hot garbage opinions down the drain.
Go away little man, you’re so insecure it’s embarrassing. Not sure what rock you crawled up from under but it’s really a dark place and you probably need to stay there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT