ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola head coaching search?

I have no insight but Baum has been a Head Coach at DeLaSalle and Niles West. I believe he has a son in the program and was an assistant under Hoerster.

I would imagine he is closer to retirement though?

Any news on the coaching search at LA? I have heard the name Scott Baum, who is on the staff, brought up. Ramblinman or any other Loyola posters have any insight?

Lots of names floating around out there. Nothing concrete yet.

Liam:

What names are you hearing, or do you not care to say?

I'm hearing one name, which, upon first hearing surprised me a bit, but after some consideration made good sense. If LA hires from the outside and who I am told is under consideration is ultimately offered the position, I'd be quite content.

Perhaps ramblinman can add to the conversation?

I’m really kinda surprised that they haven’t named one yet with conditioning starting and all.

CnLPQMtWYAEjaqW

Reactions: colin2229
Liam:

What names are you hearing, or do you not care to say?

I'm hearing one name, which, upon first hearing surprised me a bit, but after some consideration made good sense. If LA hires from the outside and who I am told is under consideration is ultimately offered the position, I'd be quite content.

Perhaps ramblinman can add to the conversation?
A few internal candidates and a few out of state. Should hear more soon.

Curious what this job pays and what other additional responsibilities are included
Holecek had a pretty good gig over there. Think he was in charge of summer camps originally, I know it changed at some point but don’t remember what it went to.

any updates?

with the new president Fr Greg (ex nuclear Navy officer, now Jesuit, Ohio/PA sports background) and new principal hire Devine, LA has set themselves for another decade of continued/expanded success...

Parents / alums are extremely happy w these hires!

Both are very accomplished, professional, and pro-sports (football) and thus LA could be playing more regional / showcase games in the future.

now for a Holecek replacement?

Reactions: Gene K.
Word on the street had several out of state candidates interview recently. Sounds like a decision will be made by March 1.

Heard a couple names that were in the final 6 both were outside candidates.

1 i feel would be a good fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT