ADVERTISEMENT

Lemont vs estl

Swc1919

Nov 17, 2016
It seems like the people of lemont are not very happy about having to take the trip to estl for the third time any thoughts on this game?

• Haha
Reactions: PowerI66
It seems like the people of lemont are not very happy about having to take the trip to estl for the third time any thoughts on this game?
Lemont never travelled to ESL. The past 2 years ESL has had to travel to Lemont in the semis and qtrs despite being the higher seed. Im not sure what Lemont could be complaining about.

Ive also said this before, but Lemont shouldnt be allowed to host playoff games given their visitor bleacher situation.

The question is will ESL have a close game in the playoffs?
Idk what you consider close but the Lemont game last year ended up being a one score game. Lemont was up 14 at one point. I def dont think they will win every game by 30+

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
Might be one, maybe two teams in the 6A south bracket that could give the Flyers a game if they catch them on the right day.
Gonna be a long day for Lemont.

Lemont has proven that they won’t just lay down against ESL the way that some intimidated teams do. That won’t change the outcome though as they will be completely outgunned. No disrespect to Leeeemont, but this one will be a running clock.

Might be one, maybe two teams in the 6A south bracket that could give the Flyers a game if they catch them on the right day.
Gonna be a long day for Lemont.
The only chance one of the games is not a running clock is if ESTL is on the road and get a crew that interprets holds tightly.

• Haha
Reactions: playboymixx
Probably difficult to know since schools like Edwardsville and O’Fallon are on the border of 7a and 8a and could fall into either.
Well that would be why they can't. Appreciate it. Just stinks would like them to get to a place where they are actually challenged....

I wonder why they can't. None of their conference teams are in 7a this season.
There are 7a teams in the conf, and you cant predict which ones will make the playoffs. You have to petition up before the season starts.

There are 7a teams in the conf, and you cant predict which ones will make the playoffs. You have to petition up before the season starts.
I'd be ashamed if I played in a conference that manipulates opponents to make it easier for someone to win. If you can't beat a 5A team, do you deserve a 7A trophy?

I disagree with that.... Its. E-ville, O'Fallon, and Bellville East every year. I can see it being an issue if one of those drops to 7a but its pretty easy to predict who is going to MAKE the playoffs in that conference.

I agree that not letting ESL play up is a bad rule.

But regarding the 7A/8A teams, E-ville is the 2nd smallest school in 8A this year. It's not like they are firmly in 8A.

I disagree with that.... Its. E-ville, O'Fallon, and Bellville East every year. I can see it being an issue if one of those drops to 7a but its pretty easy to predict who is going to MAKE the playoffs in that conference.
That not true at all. Belleville east had been really bad for a while before last year. They hadnt been to the playoff since 2015. And west had some really good teams even beating ESL a few years in the reg season. Both Alton and Granite City made the playoffs before the covid year.

I'd be ashamed if I played in a conference that manipulates opponents to make it easier for someone to win. If you can't beat a 5A team, do you deserve a 7A trophy?
To be fair, many years that 5a team is just as good as the 7a state champ.

Well that would be why they can't. Appreciate it. Just stinks would like them to get to a place where they are actually challenged....
I disagree with the conference rule. On paper it makes some sense as far as trying to help conference members go far into the playoffs without having to eliminate each other, but I think that any school that wants to move up should be allowed to. There have also been other unofficial reasons rumored to have supposedly played a role in the decision making behind that rule, but even then I still disagree with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT