ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Zurich vs Mt. Carmel

I'm an LA alum and will be on MC's side at LZ this weekend cheering on the Caravan! Go men of Mt. Carmel and the CCLB!!! Just don't beat me up because I have an LA hat on! You know us "cake-eaters"! We don't know how to fight, but we can play some ball!

Bowie - I'll look for a guy in an LA cap this Saturday ... I don't expect there will be too many.

See you there! Thanks for your support.

Reactions: Bowie50
Is Thomas out for Saturday? I heard it was a separated shoulder?
Also heard Nakos was a little banged up, that's 2 guys you need.

Is Thomas out for Saturday? I heard it was a separated shoulder?
Also heard Nakos was a little banged up, that's 2 guys you need.
No word on Thomas yet, I'm sure his Dad had him checked out by Herm Schneider! Didn't hear anything about Nakos being out, but he's a senior and captain, I got to think if he can walk, he's gonna play!

I suspect they're both playing. Don't know anything about them but a Baseball standout (pitcher I believe) knows a lot about basic care of a shoulder and what they don't know they've got some great docs and doc references to tap into.

As for Nakos, I'm sure you're right on that count too McC. Unless there's something very apparent and/or something that can hurt the team's chances, he'll be in.

I'm sure LZ will be practicing with the expectation that everyone who's didn't leave Gately on crutches or with their arm in a cast will be playing.

I do have one questions. I saw the 2min highlight reel on MaxPreps of Nakos vs LA.....how did MC lose by so much? He seemed to be all over, playing quite well and to only come away with 7 that day is a real puzzler.

Bra
I suspect they're both playing. Don't know anything about them but a Baseball standout (pitcher I believe) knows a lot about basic care of a shoulder and what they don't know they've got some great docs and doc references to tap into.

As for Nakos, I'm sure you're right on that count too McC. Unless there's something very apparent and/or something that can hurt the team's chances, he'll be in.

I'm sure LZ will be practicing with the expectation that everyone who's didn't leave Gately on crutches or with their arm in a cast will be playing.

I do have one questions. I saw the 2min highlight reel on MaxPreps of Nakos vs LA.....how did MC lose by so much? He seemed to be all over, playing quite well and to only come away with 7 that day is a real puzzler.
Bracewell started at QB that day, he's now 3rd string. Great kid but didn't have a lot of experience and playing time in his MC career and LA was not a good matchup for him. He fumbled 3 times. Thomas did not play, he was still playing for team USA Baseball.

Bra

Bracewell started at QB that day, he's now 3rd string. Great kid but didn't have a lot of experience and playing time in his MC career and LA was not a good matchup for him. He fumbled 3 times. Thomas did not play, he was still playing for team USA Baseball.
TY. LA isn't a good matchup for anyone. W/O Thomas, that certainly didn't make things any easier for him.

Bowie - I'll look for a guy in an LA cap this Saturday ... I don't expect there will be too many.

See you there! Thanks for your support.
Thanks MC63! Hope to meet you! I always find the MC crowd very inviting! In fact, my family and I were treated very well at the 2013 LZ v MC game - thanks McCaravan! Now that was an asskicking!

Anyone who knocks Coach Lenti, is obviously envious of his success. More importantly, the guy is class act, as evidenced by his men making a tunnel for the Ramblers as they took the field after the forgoing game.

Reactions: McCaravan
You might have explained this before, but I didn't see it. Are you from Lane Tech, Lyons Township or somewhere else?
I'm gonna say Lockport Township, but all 3 have the recent ignomy of being large enrollment and underachieving.

Here's what one of my Loyola coaches would say to us if we said/did anything stupid:

"Why don't you go take a shit in the Lake!"

Please take his advice.

Agreed to the utmost degree. As I once said in a previous post, talking about the kids with such rumor and innuendo is complete bs. Wizards of smart professing to know what’s going on with other teams. I’m a very laid back person by nature but this is wrong. The guy has some serious MC hate. What an a hole.

Wow LZ really shouldn't be in the playoffs considering what happened just this past summer. This program should quite frankly be banned from postseason play. Here's an excerpt from an article on the recent hazing incident... "Broadly speaking, though, the lawsuit alleges some players have urinated on other members of the team, slapped them in the face with their genitals and forced teammates to perform oral sex on each other. Debasing acts have been part of a tradition known as "(Expletive) of the Week," in which the names of targets were written on a prominently mounted locker room whiteboard, the lawsuit claims." how disgusting...

Wow LZ really shouldn't be in the playoffs considering what happened just this past summer. This program should quite frankly be banned from postseason play. Here's an excerpt from an article on the recent hazing incident... "Broadly speaking, though, the lawsuit alleges some players have urinated on other members of the team, slapped them in the face with their genitals and forced teammates to perform oral sex on each other. Debasing acts have been part of a tradition known as "(Expletive) of the Week," in which the names of targets were written on a prominently mounted locker room whiteboard, the lawsuit claims." how disgusting...

less than 1 year ago...but forgotten in all the LZ football glory7 of 2017...

but makes sense now why there was no real punishment.

Every community has to handle punishment how they see fit, I would have handled things very differently but if they felt winning was more important then anything more power to them. At this point time nothing surprises me anymore.

I don’t know that there was or wasn’t. I’ve heard many things in terms of discipline that took place. Can’t confirm all of it. I can tell you the sidelines are different with Mertens. The feel is different.

Are the caravan heavier underdogs this week as opposed to last? ESL was looking like the favorite to win it all this year and they got upset so I'd assume LZ isn't as good.

Are the caravan heavier underdogs this week as opposed to last? ESL was looking like the favorite to win it all this year and they got upset so I'd assume LZ isn't as good.

LZ may not have the flash that EStL does but they are a better team, I think it will be a long day for MC in this one.

Every community has to handle punishment how they see fit, I would have handled things very differently but if they felt winning was more important then anything more power to them. At this point time nothing surprises me anymore.
It has nothing to do with how a community should handle certain issues. The allegations are criminal in nature.

Reactions: Trojan Fox
Key will be can LZ run the ball when it wants to. Of course they can throw it and have all year. But last week against Rita they ran the ball whenever they chose to and did so successfully. It’s not always for big yards but it’s effective.

Defensively they are as healthy as they’ve been all season. They’re secondary has been lights out. The run defense has been even better. They haven’t allowed a team over 60 yards total on the ground so far. But this is the ultimate challenge.

If Thomas doesn’t play - I would be surprised if he didn’t at least suit up, I think it’s going to be very hard for Mt Carmel to move the ball.

But this is why they will line up on Saturday. Weather may be a factor as it’s supposed to rain most of the day.

Holy crap-if true that’s as bad as it gets. I hope it’s not true for the sake of all involved.

Reactions: sivada2001
Holy crap-if true that’s as bad as it gets. I hope it’s not true for the sake of all involved.
"If true" is exactly right. IF. To MC773: an allegation in a complaint is not an established fact. Ask any lawyer who has had their complaint thrown out or lost a trial. Happens all the time.

Reactions: Gene K.

Hey MC773, you should be careful about what you post. Another MC guy on here wanted us to report a poster for saying something about accusations about MC players and a party that had a not so good ending.
I mean, if your your going to bash one team, how about speaking the truth about yours.

Wow Gforce, how come you didnt bash this poster as hard as you did the MC hater for posting things that "allegedly" happened at a MC party?
Be fair to everyone.

Hey MC773, you should be careful about what you post. Another MC guy on here wanted us to report a poster for saying something about accusations about MC players and a party that had a not so good ending.
I mean, if your your going to bash one team, how about speaking the truth about yours.
MC773 is a fake. A LZ plant trying to provide bulletin board material. Just jointed and has 3 or 4 posts.

Reactions: AMBofQUAN and feeto
MC773 is a fake. A LZ plant trying to provide bulletin board material. Just jointed and has 3 or 4 posts.

No question this guy is a fake. Shows up from nowhere, acts like a jerk from day 1. This is not an MC guy. I'm pretty sure that MC773 and 69181SJM are the same person. BEAT IT CREEP !!!!

Reactions: AMBofQUAN
I thought something was amiss. MC posters for the most part are civil. They stay away from personal attacks that go to this level.

Unfortunately we get a lot of clowns this time of year. Playoffs bring out all kinds of interesting folks.

Wow Gforce, how come you didnt bash this poster as hard as you did the MC hater for posting things that "allegedly" happened at a MC party?
Be fair to everyone.
Look at what I wrote my man. It’s not bashing and I would wager you would agree with every word. Also, I was responding to what a post intimated from an actual lawsuit. Responding to a lawsuit ( and hoping it’s not true ) is not bashing. Regarding the MC post you say I did not discuss, I don’t know about it ( nor do I want to). That would be the type of rumor mongering that is deplorable. I hope you can see the distinction.

I thought something was amiss. MC posters for the most part are civil. They stay away from personal attacks that go to this level.

Unfortunately we get a lot of clowns this time of year. Playoffs bring out all kinds of interesting folks.
Yes, this time of year, and Rita week.

Be fair to everyone.

By the way, in case I haven't said it, LZ has a marvelous team and the players, coaches and fans should be as proud of this year's team for a variety of reasons as they were in a malaise over last year's issues. I think the game between LZ and MC is going to be a barn burner and am really looking forward to it. Wish you the best.

MC defense played a good game. Offense did what it had to do. I liked when they threw a few crucial passes to their tight end for big first downs. LZ will be a much tougher test than ESL. I assume LZ will make at least one extra point.
LZ hasn't missed an extra point all year...except for one botched snap...they scored 2 on that one!

Let's get back to the topic of this thread. MC is banged up, that's a fact, and it goes deeper then Thomas and Nakos, who I believe both are going to play through shoulder injuries. There are several other players that are going to suck it up this Saturday. MC has a punchers chance Saturday, but they need to get a couple breaks and have the ball bounce there way.
W or L, as a MC fan I'm very proud of this team. We all know they lost their 2 top players to IMG, both signed at Florida State. Their top D-1 receiver got dismissed from school and went to Phillips, then their D-1 Linebacker follows him to Phillips 1 week before practice started in Aug...they missed their top offensive player for 4 weeks and their leading tackler from 2016 until week 8....they converted Thomas and Nakos into 2 way players in week 8....they have about 10 Juniors starting...and of course put a new QB in week 8....and here they are in the state semi finals...I'm very proud indeed.

While the weather may clear up and make it a dry game, the hawk (not Harrelson but the wind) will play into the play calling.

FB is a tough game, and as one poster noted, injures and the inability to play at 100% are part of it. It’s a team sport and those who come in when someone goes out, even for a single play, will get a chase to say “Coach, I will do my best”, and you know what, they will. I’m sure MC has a great bench and nobody should, nor do I expect that they will, take this game lightly.

We are all looking forward to a good game...and heck, at $6 my expections are pretty high, .

Reactions: McCaravan
Key word in all of these scurroulous claims is “alleged”. These incidents were investigated by appropriate agencies and no (zero) charges were filed, or even presented to, district or state attorney. Wouldn’t be surprised if the fee hungry blood sucking attorneys were behind the resurrection of these worthless and false words.
I for one cannot wait until this team, The Proud Lake Zurich Football Bears, raise the IHSA 7A state championship trophy in response to a year long campaign against amazingly talented high school football opponents and a gaggle of puke spewing bloodsuckers.

It's a damn shame D Proffit isn't around to enjoy the run these kids are having. As a former CCL'er he is missing out on the match-ups of a lifetime with this LZ squad facing off with SR and MC in back-to-back deep rounds of the 7A playoffs.

He deserves as much praise as the current LZ HC, IMO, who again was handed the keys to a Ferrari.

It's a damn shame D Proffit isn't around to enjoy the run these kids are having. As a former CCL'er he is missing out on the match-ups of a lifetime with this LZ squad facing off with SR and MC in back-to-back deep rounds of the 7A playoffs.

He deserves as much praise as the current LZ HC, IMO, who again was handed the keys to a Ferrari.
His speciality was defense, no doubt, and he was a great coach, I agree. But offense was really not his thing. Case in point, that same Ferrari was in LZ's garage last year (Sanborn, Lewandowski, Stutzman, etc). Profitt never really wanted to be the head coach when Stortz left. He just wanted to run that defense. You have to give Mertens credit for the improved offense.

Reactions: KingKore
Let's get back to the topic of this thread. MC is banged up, that's a fact, and it goes deeper then Thomas and Nakos, who I believe both are going to play through shoulder injuries. There are several other players that are going to suck it up this Saturday. MC has a punchers chance Saturday, but they need to get a couple breaks and have the ball bounce there way.
W or L, as a MC fan I'm very proud of this team. We all know they lost their 2 top players to IMG, both signed at Florida State. Their top D-1 receiver got dismissed from school and went to Phillips, then their D-1 Linebacker follows him to Phillips 1 week before practice started in Aug...they missed their top offensive player for 4 weeks and their leading tackler from 2016 until week 8....they converted Thomas and Nakos into 2 way players in week 8....they have about 10 Juniors starting...and of course put a new QB in week 8....and here they are in the state semi finals...I'm very proud indeed.

Losing the top 2 players in the state in the senior class , then the other D1s just before the season then Thomas playing for Team USA , to be where they are is phenomenonal. 3 of last 4 weeks have beaten teams better on paper in Providence, Normal and East St Louis.

Reactions: sivada2001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT