ADVERTISEMENT

LA 47 ICCP 0 Final

Did ICCP plant their flag on the 50 yard line during Pregame?

Rochester said the Ramblers don't like that.

Reactions: SMC34
The post game quotes from Loyola players ... gotta admit, i kinda love it
“We don’t want to drive out here in the cold for an hour on a Friday to play nobody and that’s what they gave us. After the pick, after the blocked punt, the energy rose on our sideline.”

Last edited:
Watched 10 minutes of first quarter. Was unwatchable - basically a forfeit with none of the IC playmakers out there. Guess it’s cool IC can get/stay healthy for rest of the year. Agree on liking the quotes from the LA kids in that article.

Last edited:
Reactions: lookoutforliam
Regardless of what transpired tonight, IC is still the top dog in 4A north.
Between Rochester and IC, the difference in class was showcased twice with eye opening results. Tough night in Elmhurst, but both will be in the mix in the quarterfinals and potentially beyond.

Reactions: Cross Bones
IC had no intentions of playing last night with a full deck. If this had been a championship game of some sort at full strength, it would have been much closer although Loyola still wins.

Reactions: mchsalumni
IC chalked this L before kickoff, all D1 studs on the sidelines.

In Week 5 2017, 0-5 Leo lost 49-7 to Loyola with 100 boys in the school and 20 on the sideline. Leo went on to win their last 3 games.

winning 3a and 4a titles while recruiting is a total joke. Then to lay down like this is just embarrassing. Not a good message to your kids.
Yeah, I tend to agree. I understand the rationale. You're beat up and playing one of the best and most physical teams in the state. But on the other hand, you have a chance to prove a ton by playing LA tough. You prove a lot more doing that than by beating small-town schools by 50 in the state playoffs, right?

Right. Aiming to win 4A state is foolish. Better to lose four more players in a game that’s impossible to win. Duh

Reactions: Gene K.
Then why schedule the game if they had no intention of making any effort?
Why did Loyola or IC take the matchup to begin with? I know, both are private schools that build football powerhouses but we have 8 classes so the big guys don’t overpower the little guys. Or is IC not considered a little guy?

Last edited:
winning 3a and 4a titles while recruiting is a total joke. Then to lay down like this is just embarrassing. Not a good message to your kids.
It’s what everyone knew but was afraid to say. The 2nd string would be playing at Halftime and would see plenty of playing time. This is a replay of the LA/Rochester game. I am sorry but some people believe in their own hype until you have a game like this and the reality smacks you right TF in the face. Murphy based on our the come how do you think they ICCP stacked up? 😂

Quick history of CCL/ESCC scheduling last 10 years give or take: CCL Blue breaks up 6 team division. CCL Blue still has 5 teams and someone will usually have 4 division losses and one loss away from no playoffs while being a top team in the state. They start relegating down and up. MC goes to the green first.
Fast forward to the merger say 6 years ago, 4 team divisions so no automatic conference champ playoff bid but the idea is to get the most playoff eligible teams to 5 wins. Idea is two year rotation between divisions like a euro style relegation.
Fast forward to more teams joining, a lot of debate happens. Remember the goal is as many 5-4 teams as possible with your handful of 8-1, 9-0 outliers.
Bad crossovers happen, see my post regarding Leo vs LA before the merger, but with the added teams the Blue doesn’t play the red anymore. But as you can see class mismatches can happen but IC is already playoff eligible despite being the smallest enrollment in their Fenwick, St. Francis, Nazareth division. So still all good despite being scheduled in a crossover that they would most likely not win.

Clear as mud? 😂

It’s what everyone knew but was afraid to say. The 2nd string would be playing at Halftime and would see plenty of playing time. This is a replay of the LA/Rochester game. I am sorry but some people believe in their own hype until you have a game like this and the reality smacks you right TF in the face. Murphy based on our the come how do you think they ICCP stacked up? 😂
Considering they didn’t even play a single one of their D1 guys I think the score doesn’t tell us anything. LA was still going to win, but IC didn’t even try to win, or play the game really.

Do I think LA could have found a challenge defending all of ICCP’s D1 guys? I do. This score doesn’t change anything because IC decided to just not even try a little.

Reactions: cigaros
There is a very short list of teams that full strength IC couldn’t beat. Loyola is one of those. IC beat Naz and lost by 1 to SF, which are teams that beat St Rita and Brother Rice. IC full strength probably could have at least made a little showing, but apparently they were going through some stuff. I do find it questionable that they sent their “B Team” out there to get their asses kicked by Loyola - assuming their studs were healthy. This is all my dumb ass opinion based on hearsay. I still look forward to IC v Morris and/or IC v Rochester

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT