ADVERTISEMENT

L.A. vs Brother Rice

I just hope the Ramblers don't do to us what East St Louis did to us last time we went to state. My butt still hurts from that spanking and I was only in the stands watching as a 5th grader.

I just hope the Ramblers don't do to us what East St Louis did to us last time we went to state. My butt still hurts from that spanking and I was only in the stands watching as a 5th grader.
I was at the first LA-BR game and have seen each team time 2 other x. I think you are looking at a 14-10, 10-7 type game.

I think you’re right about the score, but I think it will be the Ramblers on top. Weather favors higher score than most are predicting.
Cloudy, no rain, mid to high 40's at kickoff. Prefect football weather. Field position and turnovers will deciding factor.

Reactions: Gene K.
We’ll do the old school breakdown system

QB- BR

RB- BR

WR- Even. Summers vs. Boos

OL- BR

DL- BR

LB- BR

DB- Even, BR has overall depth but Gonzalez is an All Stater

Special team- LA

Coaching- Hear me out Krock, LA. 6th time at the dance for Holecek, yes I know his record in State games, but with his track record, he gets the nod.

What does this mean? Not much because many of the above categories are close and on “Any given Saturday”.....LA got embarrassed in week 4 for the first time in decades, they’re pissed. It won’t be anywhere close to the first game, but BR kills you on the line of scrimmage. They’re defense is tops in the State and their offense, while nothing flashy and nothing LA hasn’t seen a hundred time, kills you at the line and gives Bean a lot of time. I’m really curious as to what LA will do....if they had Noah Jones it would be a lot more interesting. As long as BR has a clean game, they SHOULD win....let’s wait and see. Glad I have Saturday night off!

Cloudy, no rain, mid to high 40's at kickoff. Prefect football weather. Field position and turnovers will deciding factor.
I’m in agreement with you. No rain, higher temps than last couple of weeks. I think it will be higher scoring than 10 or 14-7 as some are predicting.

We’ll do the old school breakdown system

QB- BR

RB- BR

WR- Even. Summers vs. Boos

OL- BR

DL- BR

LB- BR

DB- Even, BR has overall depth but Gonzalez is an All Stater

Special team- LA

Coaching- Hear me out Krock, LA. 6th time at the dance for Holecek, yes I know his record in State games, but with his track record, he gets the nod.

What does this mean? Not much because many of the above categories are close and on “Any given Saturday”.....LA got embarrassed in week 4 for the first time in decades, they’re pissed. It won’t be anywhere close to the first game, but BR kills you on the line of scrimmage. They’re defense is tops in the State and their offense, while nothing flashy and nothing LA hasn’t seen a hundred time, kills you at the line and gives Bean a lot of time. I’m really curious as to what LA will do....if they had Noah Jones it would be a lot more interesting. As long as BR has a clean game, they SHOULD win....let’s wait and see. Glad I have Saturday night off!
Excellent breakdown, but even the bookmakers say it’s a PK.

Olin Kreutz just talking about the game on the Score. I didn't realize his son played for the Ramblers.

No, no, no.

The design is too polished to be just a joke.

Someone on Pulaski road did something very dumb.
Too polished? My 12 year old daughter could design a better shirt. I assure you this wasnt created by anyone affiliated with BR. The crown gives it away. By that I mean, BR has never used a crown on any apparel.

Maybe MC63 is stirring the pot, but he definitely gets his pot stirred throughout the year by some posters when they haven't heard from him in a while!

That pic brings back memories of a very bad day. My older son graduated from St Charles East in 2016 and played both football and lax. His senior year his lax team had the pleasure of playing LA in round one of playoffs at the fields in your photo. They got beat 15 to 2 and it wasn’t even that close. My buddy’s kid got checked so hard he forgot how to count backwards from 10.

The Glenview campus (only a few miles from my home) is arguable the best HS athletic facilities in the state. Been there for many lax tourneys and both their turf and grass fields are 100% first class.

Reactions: markmacaluso
Too polished
Hey MC63
They invented these things called computers and the World Wide Web which helps in creating polished designs.
They also have The Andy Griffin show in color
Don’t be the pot stirrer
Andy Griffin? Appreciate the mention of the Griffins yet again in a post about the Ramblers / Crusaders. Really..MC63 please correct this historian.

Maybe MC63 is stirring the pot, but he definitely gets his pot stirred throughout the year by some posters when they haven't heard from him in a while!

He deserves his pot being stirred on a regular basis. Yet some would likely say the same about yours truly.

BR has never used a crown on any apparel.
I never, never said that the BR administration would have anything to do with anything this block-headed. I figured it was a grad with some connections in graphic arts. The crown was just a thrown-in for balance.

I never, never said that the BR administration would have anything to do with anything this block-headed. I figured it was a grad with some connections in graphic arts. The crown was just a thrown-in for balance.
"Someone on Pulaski road did something very dumb" implies the school itself is my read into it. Granted, there might be an alum who resides within walking distance of BR to grab a few freshly baked chocolate chip cookies every now and then.

I actually agree with McCavan, praise little baby Jesus!!!!! Haha
The shirt has more time then needed
Too be clear BR or anyone associated with BR has nothing to do with this shirt
Moving on .....

MC63 & Krock: Thanks for the kind words. I'm getting too many likes so I might have to come back as a troll next year. LOL

MC63: You have been a poster since 2001 so I really respect your loyalty to this site and Mount Carmel. Same goes for Krock, Bowie 50, Provi Dad, Voodoo, Bones, Wassup13 and a ton of other guys who opinions I respect and also the loyalty to their respective teams. Despite all the grief you get here MC63 from a few of us, including myself, you come back,maintain your status as an elder spokesman and give as good as you get. I just got involved Edgy and this site in 2016 but I have to say that I come back to this site 3 or 4 times a day to see whats new and will continue to do so. Beside the Beloved Bears, and the Broncos, reading about different High school football teams and getting insight into individual players is a highlight of my day.

Hearing Jones is going to play. If he’s healthy, that is a tall order for any defensive backfield. Jones, Boos, mangan, Collins, Lombardi, Maher et. al. Go Ramblers!

Hearing Jones is going to play. If he’s healthy, that is a tall order for any defensive backfield. Jones, Boos, mangan, Collins, Lombardi, Maher et. al. Go Ramblers!

Love hearing that. I hope both teams are at 100%.
Always want the opponent at their best.

State championship game shouldn’t be any other way.

I appreciate the respect on this thread and I think it says a lot about the CCL blue.

Looking forward to a physical nasty game tomorrow.

May the best team win!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT