ADVERTISEMENT

L.A. vs Brother Rice

Is LA healthy enough to take down BR this time? With the take down of LWE and BR's win over a good Marist team and a good run through regular season this may become the game of the year.
Crusader defense just too tough - they will contain the Fallon - I see them pitching a shutout -unless the Rambler D scores a TD like they did against the Griffins - I see Rice winning going away in the 2H with a 28 - 0 W

Reactions: spinbaby
My early thoughts is Rice wins, but don’t for a min think it will be anything like the first game. Holecek will have a new game plan. Rice played a near perfect game the first game, they couldn’t do anything wrong and vice versa for LA. I think it will be a tight game until the 4th Q then BR takes the lead for good.

My early thoughts is Rice wins, but don’t for a min think it will be anything like the first game. Holecek will have a new game plan. Rice played a near perfect game the first game, they couldn’t do anything wrong and vice versa for LA. I think it will be a tight game until the 4th Q then BR takes the lead for good.

That's kind of what I am thinking hard to beat a team twice in one season. Same happened with WWS and SCN. Just hard to beat a team twice.

What do you know? ;)

I agree. This Rice team is the best team in Illinois. I'm predicting a close game with Rice pulling it out at the end. Great season and proud of the CCLB!

Last edited:
Crusader defense just too tough - they will contain the Fallon - I see them pitching a shutout -unless the Rambler D scores a TD like they did against the Griffins - I see Rice winning going away in the 2H with a 28 - 0 W
Do you have any family living in the LWE school district?

est1.gif

Do you have any family living in the LWE school district?
I had nephews (football) and a niece (cheerleader) attend LWE years ago - but, it's been 10 years now - that is when i started watching Griffin football and got hooked!! I still attend a few games each season - have to choose between St Laurence, York, Marist and LWE each week

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
It looks like the majority of pundits and posts overwhelmingly believe that BR will be victorious. There is a poster who thinks it'll be 28-0 by the half or some such thing.
I can understand the reasoning . This BR class has not lost as freshman, sophomores or as seniors. They shellacked our beloved Academy 35-3 two short months ago. in addition,on defense they have a NIU d tackle recruit, an all stater at OLB and a shut down corner to play alongside some other very talented and large kids. Their QB is the CCL player of the year and a wideout who is all conference. Coupled with the CCL coach of the year Badke and a rabid fan base, this will be a tall order once again for the boys from up north. They will need to play the game of their lives. Knowing the type of kids that attend and graduate from LA, I have no doubt that this game will be a barn burner.

Other than the sandbaggers I don't see anyone going more than a score either way. After beating MS and LWE nobody can really favor either team at this point as Rice did handle them early and both teams have improved along the way with Loyola getting healthy as well.

It looks like the majority of pundits and posts overwhelmingly believe that BR will be victorious. There is a poster who thinks it'll be 28-0 by the half or some such thing.
I can understand the reasoning . This BR class has not lost as freshman, sophomores or as seniors. They shellacked our beloved Academy 35-3 two short months ago. in addition,on defense they have a NIU d tackle recruit, an all stater at OLB and a shut down corner to play alongside some other very talented and large kids. Their QB is the CCL player of the year and a wideout who is all conference. Coupled with the CCL coach of the year Badke and a rabid fan base, this will be a tall order once again for the boys from up north. They will need to play the game of their lives. Knowing the type of kids that attend and graduate from LA, I have no doubt that this game will be a barn burner.

Not one Rice backer is saying anything near 28-0.

I believe a 17-14 type of game.

Rice faithful are aware that Loyola has been to the state final 4 straight years, just beat the “unbeatable LWE”, has better facilities, more experienced coaches.
Does rice even have a shoto_O

Last edited:
Reactions: crusaderpride

Rice faithful are aware we’re playing a team that has been to the state final 4 straight years, a team that just beat the “unbeatable LWE”, a team with better facilities, more experienced coaches.
I am not sure even that many points are scored.

Rice faithful are aware that Loyola has been to the state final 4 straight years, just beat the “unbeatable LWE”, has better facilities, more experienced coaches.

Come on, better facilities. Loyola can't even practice after sun down....:D

Reactions: spinbaby and LAguy
Yea, I was at the game Saturday and about 3pm I looked around for the lights. Oops. Should be great 8A champ game.

however - we are bringing the band and according to our long lost "blogger" ..."chi-town chugger" ...that.....is the key to beating all teams....! It's like a lock......Brother Rice doesn't have the chance....!!!!!!!!!!!

One team has answered the bell each week and the other is peaking at the right time with one of the best coaches in the state. Should go down to the wire.

Unless Loyola running clocks BR first.

If Loyola wanted to practice outside under the lights, it could easily be done at their Glenview athletic campus located 3.4 miles from their Wilmette campus. Looks like this:
dt0auIlq1TmVX2zgnn9dYwLx2mbJkGsZphjg-SFTzp8.jpg

Or, they could walk up the road a half mile to New Trier, rent their football field, and practice under those lights.

If Loyola wanted to practice outside under the lights, it could easily be done at their Glenview athletic campus located 3.4 miles from their Wilmette campus. Looks like this:

Or, they could walk up the road a half mile to New Trier, rent their football field, and practice under those lights.

I am well aware of these options...it was not a serious comment.

I was enjoying the thread. Let’s not get too serious and matter of fact like.

Now back to where we were...BR by 30.

This game is a match of defensive titans. BR all year long and LA resurrected after week 6. Both have solid, poised QBs. Both teams have hard hitters and this game will be incredibly physical. I give the edge to BR in terms of hardest hitters. Creativity in play calling I believe will decide this game. I give the edge to BR. Hopefully Coach H won’t out-master Coach B. I’m just glad to see two CCL Blue teams doing battle for a title!

Reactions: Gene K.

That pic brings back memories of a very bad day. My older son graduated from St Charles East in 2016 and played both football and lax. His senior year his lax team had the pleasure of playing LA in round one of playoffs at the fields in your photo. They got beat 15 to 2 and it wasn’t even that close. My buddy’s kid got checked so hard he forgot how to count backwards from 10.

Cru, Whips: Your troll game is weak. Just print the shirts already.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT