ADVERTISEMENT

Kankakee at Peoria

McEvergreen

Oct 29, 2019
Is anybody talking about this match-up? Two teams with lots of speed. Peoria Stadium on a Friday night means plenty of action on the field and plenty more in the stands. Might not be the best game this weekend, but it could be the most interesting!

• Haha
Reactions: chiliconcarne
Is anybody talking about this match-up? Two teams with lots of speed. Peoria Stadium on a Friday night means plenty of action on the field and plenty more in the stands. Might not be the best game this weekend, but it could be the most interesting!
I will be following closely.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Kankakee has some terrific athletes, but their offense has sputtered at times against better competition. They did play Crete to a close game. I don’t think Peoria plays a lot of defense (at least in the past), while Kankakee is defense oriented.
I’ll take Kankakee in a mild upset.

Kankakee has some terrific athletes, but their offense has sputtered at times against better competition. They did play Crete to a close game. I don’t think Peoria plays a lot of defense (at least in the past), while Kankakee is defense oriented.
I’ll take Kankakee in a mild upset.
Defense is much improved this season saw them on Saturday they are also much more run oriented in 2022 good RB and a huge OL

What’s the thought with Kankakee only beating Mt Vernon 16-14 and it being at home?
Mt. Vernon I think better than their 5-4 would indicate. They forfeited two wins. Kankakee did seem to come out a little flat, especially on offense. That won’t do against Peoria.
Defense is much improved this season saw them on Saturday they are also much more run oriented in 2022 good RB and a huge OL
Interested to see how this plays out. Last year, even though Fenwick did most of their scoring via the pass, I thought it was their power run game that gave the Kays fits.

Peoria's defense was never really on the field enough to be tested in the regular season until the matchup with Normal West that they lost 30-6... which was also in wind and rain.

Peoria is in total control at the half with a 24-7 lead, even with 4 failed two points and all their onside kicks. Peoria @ Highland would be a good one next week

Reactions: 4hhsbulldogs
Kays went 0-8 on extra points and let up a touchdown with an onside try, but still win 48-21. Not sure that will get the job done against Highland next week

Two weeks in a row that Kankakee came out flat on offense. Today it bit them.

Not surprised by the outcome, but I'm surprised by the pretty lopsided score.

Reactions: Alexander32
I think the game went how I thought it might after looking at last weeks scores. I admit I know nothing of either team. I am more familiar with Mt Vernon who gave Kankakee a game last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT