ADVERTISEMENT

Jwar...

That's what I am wondering. Sounds like an interesting story. I Just don't know what it is.
I didn't know the game. I'm impressed with Bronco Man's knowledge, it it is true. I believe he is referring to Coach Weiss' son last game at JCA in 2012. The kid transferred to Naz where he finished his Jr. year, then played his Sr year in 2013. Bronco Man is suggesting that Coach Weiss' subsequent recruiting talents resulted in an influx of talent at Naz, thus contributing to the recent success of the program.

Voodoo,

I have a ton of respect for JCA, but find myself at odds sometimes with the guys because they are stuck in their ways, where I’m a little more free spirited. And to all you JCA fans and football fans alike feel free to talk as much football, JCA or otherwise, as you like in this thread; but know we may not always agree.

Isn’t talking about JCA in the Jwar thread blasphemy? I seem to remember Jwar is a Naz Guy. Aren’t Naz and JCA big rivals? Will the Insane Naz Possie ride again to uphold the true values and integrity of this thread?;)

If I had my own thread,...I would ban all discussion of Neuqua in my thread!!:p

However - I think Jwar also has ties to Neuqua back in the heyday of the great NV/WV games in 2011-2012 so therefore Neuqua should be fair game and an open topic on the Jwar thread!!

Jwar- what are you hearing about NV this year? I really like their RB that shared time in the backfield last year with Raupaugh. Think he also is a big Rugby player. Nice combo of speed and power.

I am a JCA fan and think they should throw that damn playbook in the garbage. So feel free to unload on it all you want. Lol. No offense will be taken. Don’t have to preach to me their stuck in the 50’s. I think it’s to their demise lately. Every team has big strong lines now a days and everybody lifts like mad. Need to change up.

I didn't know the game. I'm impressed with Bronco Man's knowledge, it it is true. I believe he is referring to Coach Weiss' son last game at JCA in 2012. The kid transferred to Naz where he finished his Jr. year, then played his Sr year in 2013. Bronco Man is suggesting that Coach Weiss' subsequent recruiting talents resulted in an influx of talent at Naz, thus contributing to the recent success of the program.
That’s why Naz is/was successful? Lol sorry but dead wrong.

PJJP,

Nothing Coy at all. You got my curiosity going so I texted and asked. Looking at their schedule this season they have some challenges, but certainly have opportunities for success as well.
Did you laugh under your breath when you seen it ?

JCA guys - I've always been curious is it really just 5 or 6 plays ? Do they just call Power rt, Power lt, Counter rt counter lt, FB Give. QB boot.

Did you laugh under your breath when you seen it ?
Once they get the Patriot pipeline flowing, the Spartans should dominate this schedule.

Wheaton (St. Francis) (0-0)

Nickname: Spartans
Head Coach: Bob McMillen
2017 Record: 1-8
2018 Classification Enrollment: 1206.15
MaxPreps schedule & stats

Date Time Result Score Opp.
Score
OT H/A Opponent Opp.
Record
Opp.
Enroll.
Other Site/Game Info
Aug 24 7:00 H Summit (Argo) 0-0 1909.00
Aug 31 7:00 A Burlington (Central) 0-0 1078.00
Sep 7 7:15 A Bensenville (Fenton) 0-0 1473.00
Sep 14 7:15 A West Chicago (Wheaton Academy) 0-0 642.00
Sep 21 7:30 H Kankakee (McNamara) 0-0 572.55
Sep 28 7:00 H Aurora (A. Christian) 0-0 233.00
Oct 5 7:30 H Riverside (R.-Brookfield) 0-0 1615.00
Oct 12 7:15 A Elmhurst (IC Catholic) 0-0 529.65
Oct 19 7:00 A Aurora (Central Catholic) 0-0 928.95

JCA guys - I've always been curious is it really just 5 or 6 plays ? Do they just call Power rt, Power lt, Counter rt counter lt, FB Give. QB boot.
Not sure if serious or not but I'll take the bait. The double wing is clearly a lot more intricate than this thought process. Bucks, counters, powers, etc. It's all based on misdirection so there are a lot of variables for which way the qb opens up, who goes in motion, what they do with that motion, whether the fb is filling for a pulling guard or if he is kick out blocking. Even the formatuon adjusted to opponent. One week would be exclusively wing t and one week all double wing. Subtle differences but its hardly a bo jackson tecmo bowl left or right offense. Sharp really was a fantastic playcaller for a long time. Offense worked beautifully when it had the horses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT