ADVERTISEMENT

JCA

My favorite in the old BR threads is Krock defending and taking on all comers! That man knows how to split a double and even triple team in a thread. Assuming it translates to the field - Give him a helmet and get him in on the DLine as soon as possible!;)

I feel like a certain Poster who shall remain nameless thinks calling for coach changes and for coaching game plan changes is a good idea. Or as that person says calling a spade a spade. Well here let’s agree on some things firstly. Namely I do think halftime adjustments are lacking this year, and have been for a while and it doesn’t matter who the coach was. However, I will disagree with several points in several different posts you have made. JCA in years past has won championships with calling four to eight plays basically the entire year. Now, with that said there have been years where that has cost them rings as well. I believe that Jaws is the right man for the job. There are some of the old guard coaches that probably should step down, that haven’t changed with the times. However, I don’t think that would be any of Jaws control I believe that still would fall on Sharp.

The team has talent, but I don’t want people to be fooled when they say these kids have been starters for three years and should be world beaters. The teams before them weren’t as talented and it showed with their record. So, JCA is a good 5a team. However they play a 7a schedule. Benet is a big game, not the biggest in history but a big game. I have every confidence in Jaws that this team will be in the playoffs.

My lack of confidence is in some of the posters running rough shot on coaches. It is my belief that in a few years all will be right with the world and JCA will be back to being a handful for any team on any level.

Guys schools, teams, life in general has its ups and downs and JCA is down. It will come back have a little faith. In times like these I am reminded of the movie Platoon. In that movie the great William Defoe is talking about the Vietcong. He says we have been kicking their asses for so long maybe it’s our turn to get our asses kicked.

Having bad years isn’t a bad thing for a school like JCA. It will lead to success it will teach the kids and fans to enjoy the success.

I feel like a certain Poster who shall remain nameless thinks calling for coach changes and for coaching game plan changes is a good idea. Or as that person says calling a spade a spade. Well here let’s agree on some things firstly. Namely I do think halftime adjustments are lacking this year, and have been for a while and it doesn’t matter who the coach was. However, I will disagree with several points in several different posts you have made. JCA in years past has won championships with calling four to eight plays basically the entire year. Now, with that said there have been years where that has cost them rings as well. I believe that Jaws is the right man for the job. There are some of the old guard coaches that probably should step down, that haven’t changed with the times. However, I don’t think that would be any of Jaws control I believe that still would fall on Sharp.

The team has talent, but I don’t want people to be fooled when they say these kids have been starters for three years and should be world beaters. The teams before them weren’t as talented and it showed with their record. So, JCA is a good 5a team. However they play a 7a schedule. Benet is a big game, not the biggest in history but a big game. I have every confidence in Jaws that this team will be in the playoffs.

My lack of confidence is in some of the posters running rough shot on coaches. It is my belief that in a few years all will be right with the world and JCA will be back to being a handful for any team on any level.

Guys schools, teams, life in general has its ups and downs and JCA is down. It will come back have a little faith. In times like these I am reminded of the movie Platoon. In that movie the great William Defoe is talking about the Vietcong. He says we have been kicking their asses for so long maybe it’s our turn to get our asses kicked.

Having bad years isn’t a bad thing for a school like JCA. It will lead to success it will teach the kids and fans to enjoy the success.
Like you have said, this team is good enough to make the playoffs. Agree that because they are 3 year starters, they are not world beaters. I never said that. I also mentioned the schedule this year being against higher class schools, which I got ridiculed for. Which didn’t favor us this year. Let’s not forget coach jaws coached a lot of these kids for three years also. He knows these kids and their talents since sophomore year. You forgot to mention that or you didn’t know that. That’s huge to not admit. Old guard coaches? If your gonna run the same offense, you have to keep old guard coach for the offensive line. The defensive coordinator is in his second year. All the rest of the coaches are younger. Coach Mac only other old guard. That puzzles me that you say that because it doesn’t make sense.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and you already knew about these points and just chose to omit those facts. You chose to ignore without putting the kids in the position to win, no matter how much talent, you will lose. He has talent, knows the talent and should take this team to the playoffs. No need for the losing benefits you in the long run speech. That time is not now. Go Jaws and go Hill.

Flush it all because JCA fans are now rooting for losing seasons to make them better. Oh boy!!!!!! So we all can get better because of it. Wonder what gordie would say about that. Lol

Dont want to put words in Hill 1729’s mouth, but I don’t think that’s what he was saying at all

You got a coach that played in this system, coached in it and coached these same players for 3 years. He admits this team is good enough to make the playoffs. Where would the blame be placed? What happens if the next team is just as talented as this one? What you need is a team that can overcome the coaching. That’s what he would be waiting for. But sounds like he’s willing to wait awhile for such a team. I guess it is JCA’s turn to continue to loose. Two seasons isn’t enough. Lol

You got a coach that played in this system, coached in it and coached these same players for 3 years. He admits this team is good enough to make the playoffs. Where would the blame be placed? What happens if the next team is just as talented as this one? What you need is a team that can overcome the coaching. That’s what he would be waiting for. But sounds like he’s willing to wait awhile for such a team. I guess it is JCA’s turn to continue to loose. Two seasons isn’t enough. Lol
Stop talking about overcoming coaching. That is the only reason this thread is possibly getting flushed. You keep saying flush it. Yet you are the reason it is flush worthy.

All will be well again on the Hill and in Jchill’s house when JCA takes one from the redwings this Friday! If for some reason that does not happen... I would recommend a six step process:

1 Lock the doors,
2 board the windows
3 remove all sharp objects from the room.
4 remove the phone and lock it away
5 turn off the Wi-Fi
6 open a bottle of Woodward Reserve with a large big gulp cup.

Flush it all because JCA fans are now rooting for losing seasons to make them better. Oh boy!!!!!! So we all can get better because of it. Wonder what gordie would say about that. Lol

I had a crazy ex girlfriend once who used to twist what I would say to make outrageous accusations. This is a flashback of that.

In my humble opinion winning is important but so is losing. And I hate to pick on you but your statement right there is why losing can teach us all a lesson or two and some humility.

These boys work hard these coaches work hard. If they don’t make the playoffs then they don’t make it. But I can tell you coaching at the high school level is more than wins and losses. Your trying to mold young men, football is more than the score. I take issue for someone to say what would Gordie say. Well he would say the same thing. I knew Gordie never played for him but knew him. And what all the old time players will tell you about Gordie is not only was winning important but teaching boys to be men.

So yes JCA is on a rough streak last couple of years. Even Gordie didn’t make the playoffs every year. At JCA we were always told to lead by example and take the high road and above all to keep the faith.

So let’s relax. Let’s look at this for what it is. And let’s keep the faith because JCA will be back. As sure as god made green apples JCA will be back. Right now we need to be humble as fans, coaches, players, alumni and learn the lessons that come with a time such as these. And know sooner rather than later we’ll be back and we will put the Nasty back in Dynasty.

I had a crazy ex girlfriend once who used to twist what I would say to make outrageous accusations. This is a flashback of that.

In my humble opinion winning is important but so is losing. And I hate to pick on you but your statement right there is why losing can teach us all a lesson or two and some humility.

These boys work hard these coaches work hard. If they don’t make the playoffs then they don’t make it. But I can tell you coaching at the high school level is more than wins and losses. Your trying to mold young men, football is more than the score. I take issue for someone to say what would Gordie say. Well he would say the same thing. I knew Gordie never played for him but knew him. And what all the old time players will tell you about Gordie is not only was winning important but teaching boys to be men.

So yes JCA is on a rough streak last couple of years. Even Gordie didn’t make the playoffs every year. At JCA we were always told to lead by example and take the high road and above all to keep the faith.

So let’s relax. Let’s look at this for what it is. And let’s keep the faith because JCA will be back. As sure as god made green apples JCA will be back. Right now we need to be humble as fans, coaches, players, alumni and learn the lessons that come with a time such as these. And know sooner rather than later we’ll be back and we will put the Nasty back in Dynasty.[/QUOTE
I understand your point of view and it’s awesome. It’s old school and I believe the world would be a better place if everyone had the glass half full approach. I grew up with that and try to still live that way. I taught my kids that way. But know a days, these kids are a lot more savvy. A lot smarter then we were. School makes them that way. They do multiplication in second grade for peats sake. My point is, you have linemen talking football lingo like a Spanish teacher teaching Spanish. These kids just don’t know where and what to do on the field, they understand it. You can talk losing and how to lose all you want to these kids. They know they have enough talent to win and win now. Easy for anyone to say, sit back and you will learn from this approach. When did Joliet Catholic EVER had to do this???? Why does any team have to go through this or want too when they don’t have too? In this day in age, accountability is taught to these kids a lot earlier then we were. Kids question more things then we did. It is stressed everywhere, tv, news, social media, on this forum. Look around. It’s the society we are in. I’ve said in my post that this is a talented class that SHOULD make the playoffs. If they don’t, with all the circumstances I have stated, accountability should be thought of. Don’t want to see another talented class to come through and fail again. That’s all. I see these kids come off the field saying what happened? It’s a shame when they can’t control the outcome no matter how hard they play. Think of that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT