ADVERTISEMENT

JCA

redmen85

Dec 17, 2014
Is this the week?
You're at home.
Benet has lost 2 in a row.
Here is your shot!

I think it is certainly there for them to go out and earn it.
They need put together a whole game, eliminate the mental mistakes and execute the respective positions' fundamentals.
The score got out of hand last night, but I saw a lot of good things.
Mike Markett is very good HS player who controlled the game and was complimented by a good cast and an adaptable game plan.
Benet will put up a fight, but it should be within reach.

It HAS to be this week! Naz will win and ND is no pushover. Has the Hill comeback from 2 years of totally uncharacteristic down years, or are they now middle of the pack for the years to come? They need a statement game. Candidly, I don't see a lot of differences in strategy, game planning, etc. under the new regime and there could be many reasons for that. I think the Benet game will define the season. Go Hill!

Reactions: Gene K.
This is going to be one tough game to pick.

Does Benet hang their heads and go into their safe place or do they burn the game film and come out ready to play and compete? When is the last time Benet has been running clocked? That has to be multiple years ago and definitely stings and can make a team go one of two ways for the rest of the season.

I think this is a must win for both teams for different reasons.

Just watched the Benet/Naz game. Benet has a good run defense, and they get after the QB. Tough to draw too many conclusions about their performance against Naz, who may be in a class of their own athletically. JCA has obviously missed Kenyetta Williams all year, but this Benet game is where they will really miss him. He would have provided an element that Benet struggles with year-after-year.....speed.

I hope I'm wrong, but from what I've seen of JCA, their defense is simply not good enough to beat good teams. I suspect Benet will score enough to win and will limit JCA's offense, which hasn't shown an ability to score against good teams (IC and Marist). We shall see.

I haven’t missed a JCA game the last 8 years or a sophomore game. I know this group of kids inside out. Sharps last 2 years coaching was dismal at best. Yeah 3 years ago they made the semi’s, but got there dispite bad coaching. Talent over came that. Sharps defense was just as bad as today’s. Who was def co? Jaws. Now he comes in and takes control of offensive play calling. He horrible. Anyone see the jv game last night? Coach Snedaker had those linebackers guessing what to do every play. JCA drop two long bombs for td’s. That game should of never been as close as it was. That’s funny, same offense the varsity runs. One works the other doesn’t. If you tell me the Jv has better talent offensively the varsity? Your on crack. Comes down to stupid play calling. That’s it. You have two good running backs and a solid o line, no excuses there. Defense is so bad, I can’t watch it. Changed to 3 man front this week. Awesome. Change. Was blitzing off the edge till 3 min left in the second quarter. As soon as we stopped, they scored. Second half, no blitzing. Geez, let’s see, they score 7 points blitzing, the rest, not blitzing. What worked better? Give me a break. Tackling was an issue also, again. Didn’t have a problem tackling last year same kids who started last year. They forget how to tackle? Coaching should take care of that. If not don’t play the kid, again on the coach. I saw enough pancake blocks on Marist D it was crazy. Play calling to predictable. I sit with ex highschool coaches who agree with me. It’s so damn blatant, the wives notice. Lol. I can go on and on but won’t. So USD, keep given jaws the benefit of the doubt, he’s a new head coach but he hasn’t changed a thing so shouldn’t be hard to coach the same scheme they been running since 1956. This is my opinion and I’m entitled to it. Lol

I haven’t missed a JCA game the last 8 years or a sophomore game. I know this group of kids inside out. Sharps last 2 years coaching was dismal at best. Yeah 3 years ago they made the semi’s, but got there dispite bad coaching. Talent over came that. Sharps defense was just as bad as today’s. Who was def co? Jaws. Now he comes in and takes control of offensive play calling. He horrible. Anyone see the jv game last night? Coach Snedaker had those linebackers guessing what to do every play. JCA drop two long bombs for td’s. That game should of never been as close as it was. That’s funny, same offense the varsity runs. One works the other doesn’t. If you tell me the Jv has better talent offensively the varsity? Your on crack. Comes down to stupid play calling. That’s it. You have two good running backs and a solid o line, no excuses there. Defense is so bad, I can’t watch it. Changed to 3 man front this week. Awesome. Change. Was blitzing off the edge till 3 min left in the second quarter. As soon as we stopped, they scored. Second half, no blitzing. Geez, let’s see, they score 7 points blitzing, the rest, not blitzing. What worked better? Give me a break. Tackling was an issue also, again. Didn’t have a problem tackling last year same kids who started last year. They forget how to tackle? Coaching should take care of that. If not don’t play the kid, again on the coach. I saw enough pancake blocks on Marist D it was crazy. Play calling to predictable. I sit with ex highschool coaches who agree with me. It’s so damn blatant, the wives notice. Lol. I can go on and on but won’t. So USD, keep given jaws the benefit of the doubt, he’s a new head coach but he hasn’t changed a thing so shouldn’t be hard to coach the same scheme they been running since 1956. This is my opinion and I’m entitled to it. Lol

Hang in there Jchill - a lot of football left to play! I’m going to pick JCA over Benet if that’s any consolation....

Hang in there Jchill - a lot of football left to play! I’m going to pick JCA over Benet if that’s any consolation....
I seen benet play St. Laurence the first week. Benet isn’t anything special. JCA threw the game away last year. Dominated them in all facets except the score board. One of those rear games. I know JCA will come to play like last night. No love lost between the two teams. JCA should prevail unless coaching gets in the way again. It’s do or die for JCA. Can’t see them beating Naz or ND at their homes.

I seen benet play St. Laurence the first week. Benet isn’t anything special. JCA threw the game away last year. Dominated them in all facets except the score board. One of those rear games. I know JCA will come to play like last night. No love lost between the two teams. JCA should prevail unless coaching gets in the way again. It’s do or die for JCA. Can’t see them beating Naz or ND at their homes.
Hang in there JCA fans. I saw my second JCA freshman game this morning and they are the best group I've seen since the Ruettiger led team, and they are playing without their best player, starting QB, who went down in the first game. They run a much more diverse offense than the varsity. More talent will let you do that. Defense is also extremely skilled. The best group of defensive backs that they've had. Marist, led by their amazing QB, scored in the last minute to win 38-30. A great game. Looking forward to the next three years that these two teams will battle each other. I think (hope) that JCA will slowly change their offense starting on the lower levels. After all, miracles do happen.

Hang in there JCA fans. I saw my second JCA freshman game this morning and they are the best group I've seen since the Ruettiger led team, and they are playing without their best player, starting QB, who went down in the first game. They run a much more diverse offense than the varsity. More talent will let you do that. Defense is also extremely skilled. The best group of defensive backs that they've had. Marist, led by their amazing QB, scored in the last minute to win 38-30. A great game. Looking forward to the next three years that these two teams will battle each other. I think (hope) that JCA will slowly change their offense starting on the lower levels. After all, miracles do happen.

The freshmen are a good group, but if what JcHill-1 says is true, what is it going to matter if the head coach remains clueless as a play caller? I mean, he was the D coordinator under Sharp. Stay there. Do what you are good at doing. Jaws brought that defense along to the point where it could get off the field against spread offenses. He needs to turn the play calling over to an experienced hand and get out of the way. As far as the Benet game goes, this is a playoff game for Joliet Catholic. They don't win this one and they are not making the playoffs. Naz will lay 50 on them and Notre Dame also is a candidate to do that to them. If you can't get it done against Benet, then the last three years have been a waste for Joliet Catholic on the gridiron. Not to say it will be a death knell for this once proud program, but it's close. This team is talented enough to get to five wins and make it into the playoffs. It's time to coach it up to that potential.

Reactions: Jchill-1
I like my steaks medium rear

If you can't get it done against Benet, then the last three years have been a waste for Joliet Catholic on the gridiron. Not to say it will be a death knell for this once proud program, but it's close. This team is talented enough to get to five wins and make it into the playoffs. It's time to coach it up to that potential.
Whoa, slow down. The key for JCA is to start stacking good classes. I've seen the current freshmen a number of times as well. They are very talented, but it's one class. Jaws and company are doing things to attract student/athletes that, plain and simple, were not done in the Sharp era, especially at the end. Is the current freshmen class a trend or just a one-year blip of talent? That's the key question, IMO. If it's a trend, Jaws will return the program to a competitive level in the ESCC or CMC Part II.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Whoa, slow down. The key for JCA is to start stacking good classes. I've seen the current freshmen a number of times as well. They are very talented, but it's one class. Jaws and company are doing things to attract student/athletes that, plain and simple, were not done in the Sharp era, especially at the end. Is the current freshmen class a trend or just a one-year blip of talent? That's the key question, IMO. If it's a trend, Jaws will return the program to a competitive level in the ESCC or CMC Part II.

the CEO strategic view! Unfortunately I think football teams and sucess (or lack there of) is akin to publicly traded companies and Wall Street analysts and investors.

Publically traded companies = football teams

Wall Street Analysts = School administration

Investors = Fans

And in the land of publically traded companies it’s more about the “here and now” versus the long term success plan (virtuous cycle for success.)

Multiple bad quarters can usher in a new management team fairly quickly in the business world.

It’s always good to be in a private company that will be patient enough for the virtuous cycle of success to be implemented and take hold!

I personally think Jaws is a damn good coach and must be a good recruiter to get that freshman class you guys are talking about. That said, if he don't have the talent it doesn't matter what type of plays he calls as they will only work occasionally. If he does have the talent and his offensive play calling is not that good he should turn that part of the game calling to an offensive minded coach. I would definitely like to see JCA get back to their glory days of football but maybe this isn't the year. Still better than last year by a long shot.

You guys right on point with a lot of things. But he has enough talent to go to the playoffs now and is not showing he can lead a talented team. The offensive coordinator is there. He’s called dave Douglas. Offensive line coach. He knows all the plays and schemes of every school and JCA. A good head coach would know that. I will tell you what’s going to happen. They will have to pull up the sophomore offensive line and defensive line next year to play varsity just like these seniors did. They will probably be horrible next year, mediocre the next and then might do something when this freshmen class is seniors. All depends if Naz, ND, Marist stay as good as they are now of course. Jaws is good recruiter, yes, coach, I say no. The talent is there on offense to score at least 30 a game. Maybe not Naz or ND. Marist had a great running qb and a great receiver, but they were beatable or at least it should of been a close game. The first half told the story. If JCA wasn’t good, it would of been a running clock at half time. Offense too predictable. JV coach threw a variety of play calling and won. Funny thing is, those plays are in the varsity play book as well. I hope they beat benet. If not it’s over. Will be a wasted season with a talented class. Not world beaters like yester-year, but could make a big impact in 5a playoffs.

You guys right on point with a lot of things. But he has enough talent to go to the playoffs now and is not showing he can lead a talented team. The offensive coordinator is there. He’s called dave Douglas. Offensive line coach. He knows all the plays and schemes of every school and JCA. A good head coach would know that. I will tell you what’s going to happen. They will have to pull up the sophomore offensive line and defensive line next year to play varsity just like these seniors did. They will probably be horrible next year, mediocre the next and then might do something when this freshmen class is seniors. All depends if Naz, ND, Marist stay as good as they are now of course. Jaws is good recruiter, yes, coach, I say no. The talent is there on offense to score at least 30 a game. Maybe not Naz or ND. Marist had a great running qb and a great receiver, but they were beatable or at least it should of been a close game. The first half told the story. If JCA wasn’t good, it would of been a running clock at half time. Offense too predictable. JV coach threw a variety of play calling and won. Funny thing is, those plays are in the varsity play book as well. I hope they beat benet. If not it’s over. Will be a wasted season with a talented class. Not world beaters like yester-year, but could make a big impact in 5a playoffs.
I respect your passion, however, if you think that coaching and play calling is what lost that game last night, you are delusional. They were simply outclassed by a damn good 8A team. Illinois hung with Penn State for almost 3 quarters of football last night and eventually got blown out by a clearly better team. The same thing happened at Marist last night

I respect your passion, however, if you think that coaching and play calling is what lost that game last night, you are delusional. They were simply outclassed by a damn good 8A team. Illinois hung with Penn State for almost 3 quarters of football last night and eventually got blown out by a clearly better team. The same thing happened at Marist last night
Did not say that. Please read my post again. I said at least closer then what the score was. Coach went back to 4 man front on Defense after first half. Bad coaching was the reason for the run away in the second half. If you don’t think it starts with coaching and play calling your delusional. Without a good game plan, your doomed from the get go. They got out coached in the second half just like every game for two years. Easy to be out coached when your changes are wrong or you don’t make any. Passionate yes, delusional no. Just call it like I saw It.

Last edited:

I'm not saying Jaws is not a good coach. He's a good defensive coach. Stick to what you know. If the offense is the problem, and he's calling the plays, then he needs to recognize his limitations as a play-caller and turn over the reins to someone who is an experienced play caller. This is a crucial year for Hilltopper football. This class is supposed to go to the playoffs after taking its lumps for two years. You might not be able to stack good classes if you can't get it done when it's time to get it done. Beat Benet and Marian and you go in at 5-4. Lose and finish 4-5 and out of the playoffs for three straight years and the problems will continue to mount.

I'm not saying Jaws is not a good coach. He's a good defensive coach. Stick to what you know. If the offense is the problem, and he's calling the plays, then he needs to recognize his limitations as a play-caller and turn over the reins to someone who is an experienced play caller. This is a crucial year for Hilltopper football. This class is supposed to go to the playoffs after taking its lumps for two years. You might not be able to stack good classes if you can't get it done when it's time to get it done. Beat Benet and Marian and you go in at 5-4. Lose and finish 4-5 and out of the playoffs for three straight years and the problems will continue to mount.

From what I can see, the offense isn't the primary issue. It's the defense. And it isn't coaching, it's talent differential. Secondary fairly talented but you need more than that. Just my view.

Season all comes down to Benet now. Win that one and Marian and there's a chance to make a run in 5A. Lose to Benet and no playoffs.

Reactions: pjjp
This class is supposed to go to the playoffs after taking its lumps for two years. You might not be able to stack good classes if you can't get it done when it's time to get it done. Beat Benet and Marian and you go in at 5-4. Lose and finish 4-5 and out of the playoffs for three straight years and the problems will continue to mount.
You might want to rethink your basic premise. How good is this Sr class? Were many of the Seniors who are 3-year varsity players up on varsity, because they were very talented? Or were they up on varsity because the two classes ahead of them were bereft of talent and depth?

IMO, the reality is they are good enough to be a 5A playoff team, but they are playing a schedule that may not allow them to make the playoffs. Why is that? They scheduled a very talented IC team, who was simply better. They have an uber talented Naz, a very good 8A Marist, and a talented (8A when not waived) ND on their schedule. It now comes down to Benet. This Sr. class narrowly beat Benet as Frosh. Are lower level results a good indicator of varsity success? It's a controversial topic on this board. However, Benet supposedly has a very good Jr. class. How about JC's Jr. class? Well, they have 13 kids on the roster and two are out for the year, including the one Jr (Kenyetta Williams), who was going to be a major contributor. So now it comes down to a JC senior class, who is getting very little help from the Jr. class, playing a quality 7A program, who has been a 7A semifinalist the last two years.

And fans purport that the biggest issue is play calling?

Reactions: Skins93
I have to respectfully disagree it’s not coaching. When you can’t defend a quick slant pass because your defensive backs are ten yards deep from line of scrimmage from the start, that’s coaching. When you stop blitzing when it’s working, that’s coaching. When you run the same 4 plays on offense over and over again, that’s coaching. This offense personnel is not the problem by a long shot. I will say again, this offense is 5 times better then the JVs and have the same plays in there system. The Jv coach calls a different game and it works. I will restate, I haven’t missed a game on any level in 8 years. I have been saying before the season started on here that the season goes through benet. Expected the five wins would be what they are. The defense was better last year as juniors. Not much but better. Why is that? Same personnel mostly. Seems like the coaching staff can’t decide what the identity should be. When we stop someone, they change it. When we can’t stop them, no change. All too common. Look at second half of Marist. Marist scores 14 points on 3 man front blitzing. Second half, 4 man front no blitzing. Why? Because 4 man front is what we ran for over 50 years. Same as the offense. Let’s go to our comfy place and die in peace. Coaching is killing this team this year, no doubt.

I have to respectfully disagree it’s not coaching. When you can’t defend a quick slant pass because your defensive backs are ten yards deep from line of scrimmage from the start, that’s coaching. When you stop blitzing when it’s working, that’s coaching. When you run the same 4 plays on offense over and over again, that’s coaching. This offense personnel is not the problem by a long shot. I will say again, this offense is 5 times better then the JVs and have the same plays in there system. The Jv coach calls a different game and it works. I will restate, I haven’t missed a game on any level in 8 years. I have been saying before the season started on here that the season goes through benet. Expected the five wins would be what they are. The defense was better last year as juniors. Not much but better. Why is that? Same personnel mostly. Seems like the coaching staff can’t decide what the identity should be. When we stop someone, they change it. When we can’t stop them, no change. All too common. Look at second half of Marist. Marist scores 14 points on 3 man front blitzing. Second half, 4 man front no blitzing. Why? Because 4 man front is what we ran for over 50 years. Same as the offense. Let’s go to our comfy place and die in peace. Coaching is killing this team this year, no doubt.
Agree to disagree. My only suggestion would be that if I was a parent upset with coaching and my kid was still in the middle of his season, I would keep criticism out of a public forum, particularly one the kids on the team may see. It doesn't hurt anyone to email the coach, administration, or grumble to your friends. In fact, most of those may be productive measures. But putting all the blame on a coaching staff, erroneously in my opinion, and doing it where kids can read that just undermines team cohesiveness and makes it harder for the kids you care about to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Skins93 and Gene K.
Agree to disagree. My only suggestion would be that if I was a parent upset with coaching and my kid was still in the middle of his season, I would keep criticism out of a public forum, particularly one the kids on the team may see. It doesn't hurt anyone to email the coach, administration, or grumble to your friends. In fact, most of those may be productive measures. But putting all the blame on a coaching staff, erroneously in my opinion, and doing it where kids can read that just undermines team cohesiveness and makes it harder for the kids you care about to make the playoffs.

Email? Why not text and snap chat as well

I’m more of a fan of a live conversation.

I really dislike all the electronic communication options for working through issues that might need to be aired out or dealt with. None of these electronic methods are as best suited for conflict resolution as a good ole live and in person conversation.

But bottom line - totally agree with you! The one rule I try (and I stress try - I’m not perfect) and stick to is that I will not say anything on the forum (or in email or text) that I would not say live and in person to the person(s) I am talking about or talking to in the email/text/on the boards/etc.

Half the people on the boards (including multiple coaches) know Voodoo’s “real name” and hence it is a good rule for me to follow at least but I would highly recommend the strategy to all! (It also has one bad side effect of limiting dumpster fire threads - but we can’t always “have our cake and eat it as well” in life!;))

First of all, no kid on the team. Let’s set that straight. Just a fan of JCA. Moved here and like hard nose football. Went to a city catholic school and adopted this team. Again, your assumptions are wrong. Your suggestions to me does not apply. I see everyone hear voice opinions about their schools they follow. I have not mentioned a kid or kids. I give these kids nothing but love. The coaches are grown men. Every sports faction has a media outlet of some kind. Believe me, what I heard yelled out from the stands with players listening about the coaches is appalling. They really gave it to Sharp the last years of his coaching. I would never stoop to that level. I for one have always respected players when I post. So if they read my post they wouldn’t be offended. I talk to parents with kids on the team and they say the kids complain about the coaching. These kids are starters by the way. I know kids complain about everything but it is warranted here. Also, if it’s not appropriate to post about coaching, we shouldn’t make predictions like Marist -35. How demoralizing for a kid to see that. Many things I can pick out you guys say that as a player, can deflate them. I still pick this team every week to win despite the flaws noncontrollable to them. So please, don’t preach to me about the kids. There going to play no matter what they read anywhere. Maybe the coaches will read this. I doubt it will do any good nor would I expect it. This is an opinion just like any others on this forum.

Email? Why not text and snap chat as well

I’m more of a fan of a live conversation.

I really dislike all the electronic communication options for working through issues that might need to be aired out or dealt with. None of these electronic methods are as best suited for conflict resolution as a good ole live and in person conversation.

But bottom line - totally agree with you! The one rule I try (and I stress try - I’m not perfect) and stick to is that I will not say anything on the forum (or in email or text) that I would not say live and in person to the person(s) I am talking about or talking to in the email/text/on the boards/etc.

Half the people on the boards (including multiple coaches) know Voodoo’s “real name” and hence it is a good rule for me to follow at least but I would highly recommend the strategy to all! (It also has one bad side effect of limiting dumpster fire threads - but we can’t always “have our cake and eat it as well” in life!;))
I would say this live and in person also. I would love answers but not my place. Curiosity is overwhelming.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Another thing, wasn’t 5 weeks ago, people here were calling for badke’s head of brother rice. Talking about internal strife going on at 101st and Pulaski. Was that alright? Now no mention of replacing him now. You guys tore him up. I get it now. The mighty JCA gets a pass in this forum. Or some people are just too damn sensitive when it comes to JCA’s football program. Well guess what, they aren’t infailable to same problems other teams go through. Call a spade a spade. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, guess what, it’s is a duck. I’m willing to take my lumps here and I have. Stop digging for a reason that I’m wrong. Prove me wrong by x’s and O’s Like I have. I have backed up everything I have said through my own eyes and I own up to it. If This forum has double standards thats on you. I’m not apologizing for bringing up bad coaching. Not until you guys apologize for badke. Is this a forum of adults or romper room. Lol

I echo the sentiment of a previous poster who noted that the main problem with JCA is on the defensive side of the ball. As far as offensive play calling, in all honesty, I thing that with the current group, they are playing to their strength by primarily running the ball. From what Ive seen, they really don’t have the personnel at QB or receivers to change their offensive philosophy right now. This week against Benet, I really feel like they are going to be able to put up points and move the football. The question is, can they stop them.

I echo the sentiment of a previous poster who noted that the main problem with JCA is on the defensive side of the ball. As far as offensive play calling, in all honesty, I thing that with the current group, they are playing to their strength by primarily running the ball. From what Ive seen, they really don’t have the personnel at QB or receivers to change their offensive philosophy right now. This week against Benet, I really feel like they are going to be able to put up points and move the football. The question is, can they stop them.
Agree with everything you said. Been saying that all along except with the qb. The qb is damn good and can throw on the run. The backs can catch. Receivers are iffy though. Agree. But they can throw enough to keep the run game going. We proved his accuracy in the 3 wins we had. He proved he can spin the ball and make the throws. Just need to show the pass more early instead of waiting until we are 2 td’s down. Benet is very winnable for sure. I’ve mentioned before, no love loss between these teams and backs against the wall. Can they overcome the coaching???? Or play calling? Can they win dispite it? Or does jaws finally address their short comings and change things up???? I’m still going to predict a victory for the hill. I will be optimistic and say things will go positive because of the necessity for a victory. Go Hill!!!!! Not to late to fix things.

Is it fair to say the game vs Benet is biggest game in JC history?
Lol... not quite sure about that. However, making the playoffs this year would definitely help moving the needle in the right direction to help build on what seems like a strong underclass. With that being said, I would anticipate them being ready to roll come Friday night.

No. Because I’m sure playing for a championship would be bigger. But for these group of kids that busted thier asses for three years, getting pounded against 300lb linemen as sophomores, it might be for them. Especially against benet. I Know some of the linemen ran the scout team as freshmen so the seniors tee’d off on them to get ready for the playoffs three years ago. Could you imagine that? A 225lb freshmen linemen going against big Z, Whit and aguire. All D1 linemen? That’s why I root for this group of kids. My heart upsetted some of you posters over the weeks, but I’ve always said, if they can just leak into the playoffs, good things could happen. Let’s take it to benet at home. Must win for sure.

First of all, no kid on the team. Let’s set that straight. Just a fan of JCA. Moved here and like hard nose football. Went to a city catholic school and adopted this team. Again, your assumptions are wrong. Your suggestions to me does not apply. I see everyone hear voice opinions about their schools they follow. I have not mentioned a kid or kids. I give these kids nothing but love. The coaches are grown men. Every sports faction has a media outlet of some kind. Believe me, what I heard yelled out from the stands with players listening about the coaches is appalling. They really gave it to Sharp the last years of his coaching. I would never stoop to that level. I for one have always respected players when I post. So if they read my post they wouldn’t be offended. I talk to parents with kids on the team and they say the kids complain about the coaching. These kids are starters by the way. I know kids complain about everything but it is warranted here. Also, if it’s not appropriate to post about coaching, we shouldn’t make predictions like Marist -35. How demoralizing for a kid to see that. Many things I can pick out you guys say that as a player, can deflate them. I still pick this team every week to win despite the flaws noncontrollable to them. So please, don’t preach to me about the kids. There going to play no matter what they read anywhere. Maybe the coaches will read this. I doubt it will do any good nor would I expect it. This is an opinion just like any others on this forum.
I guess the disagreement you have here with most is your assessment of this teams physical abilities. They are talented in the secondary, have a big o line, and some strong backs. With that said, pound the ball. I know it was probably hyperbole, but you had suggested a JC running back should have 200 yards a week at a minimum. I think those backs are good, but I do not think they are so good that you pencil them in for 200 yards.

This team is right where we thought they would be. 4 to 5 wins with Benet being the swing game for playoff eligibility. Vince Lombardi or Frank lentil doesn't coach this talent to more than 5 or 6 wins against this schedule. That's just the truth. Sure any coach is open to questioning but this team is not underachieving and, even if they were, it is hard to call a physical mismatch a coaching issue.

Reactions: Skins93 and Gene K.
Marist defense vs jca offense was not a physical mismatch. Sorry, should of been able to but up more then 6 points and definitely more yardage. When the defense puts 9 in the box, you got to get at least a bubble screen pass or a slant route going to pull the defense back. Just like the jv game. I hope you saw both games like I did. You would agree. You just can’t pound the rock without at least a pass attempt. No team can. Marist defense is not that good. I’m sorry. IC defense is a lot better. Marist offense was good. I already said that. That qb and receiver can run. Mixed it up well. We can’t be one dimensional. Have the qb and backs who can catch a ball. Check out our three wins game film. Gets defenses out of the box. Never said more then 5 wins and called the wins out. Again read all my posts. 200 yards rushing a game is doable every game but Naz and ND. Only physical mismatch was IC. So far. This offense with right play calling, would be hard to stop. Don’t need lenti or Lombardi to coach this team. You have to take the play calling from an ex defensive coordinator and hand it to dave Douglas offensive line coach. He knows what to call on every defense. Been here forever. Makes perfect sense and an easy transition.

Is it fair to say the game vs Benet is biggest game in JC history?

Lol :)

When I master the Gifs - I’m going to post one with a big pot being stirred!

The next game is not even in the top 30 from a historical perspective is my guess and I don’t even know a tenth of what the JCA faithful know about the storied and proud history if JCA. That said-for the current team and kids and coaches.... yeah probably the biggest game for them in a couple years.

Maybe this is all a ploy to get the jca coaching staff to print these posts off and use it as locker room fuel? Never seen so much anti-coaching staff from a fan in my life. It's like we're talking about the Bears or something. It's HS football. Let them play and enjoy it.

Maybe this is all a ploy to get the jca coaching staff to print these posts off and use it as locker room fuel? Never seen so much anti-coaching staff from a fan in my life. It's like we're talking about the Bears or something. It's HS football. Let them play and enjoy it.
Obviously you missed the bro rice thread befor the season started. Like 150 posts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT