ADVERTISEMENT

JCA 14 Mascoutah 21 FINAL

Perhaps someone should question the JCA AD as to why they scheduled this game for 6 knowing that VB game could be then, instead of scheduling the game for 1 and perhaps being able to put the fans on a bus and getting them to VB finals...
1pm USF game at memorial stadium. 6 was earliest reasonable time available

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
Reactions: Formicidae13
Perhaps someone should question the JCA AD as to why they scheduled this game for 6 knowing that VB game could be then, instead of scheduling the game for 1 and perhaps being able to put the fans on a bus and getting them to VB finals...
St. Francis College had an early afternoon game. This was probably the only feasible time. Could have asked for a 9:30am start but I'm sure Mascoutah would have vetoed that.

Yikes, I wish you hadn't made that "teams with M's" analogy, now I'll have that one sneaking around in my head. :eek:

I do feel similar to how I felt after watching the Dergo show years ago.
I think this game had a little more of a Peoria Richwoods feel to it than a Morris/Dergo feel.That Morris team was just darn good. This game had special teams foul ups much like Richwoods game and once they took the lead there wasn't much time to do anything about it.

I think this game had a little more of a Peoria Richwoods feel to it than a Morris/Dergo feel.That Morris team was just darn good. This game had special teams foul ups much like Richwoods game and once they took the lead there wasn't much time to do anything about it.

please don’t bring up the richwoods game sir! It’s been 9 years and I can still see number 11 dropping that pass in the corner of the end zone.

There is no hate as I really don’t think I know any JC people. What I don’t like is seeing a school that is allowed to bring in football players from a large area beat up on small town teams & claiming all these titles. The Rita people I’ve spoken to have been pretty vocally embarrassed about this situation. They don’t feel they belong there & know that it won’t be ideal if they do make it to DeKalb playing at 10 am & then hanging around 7 hours to watch MC, Marist or BR play should any of them make it because they know those are the schools they compete against & that’s where they belong. If Rita gets the title, good for them, have many friends at SR. But they know that trophy will carry no weight when they walk in a grade school to talk to kids with a 5A trophy & MC walks in with a 7A right after. Kids are asking why they aren’t playing their rivals & im sure the folks at SR aren’t happy about it. The difference between SR & JCA is that they are only there because of a couple down years & want to get back. Seems like JCA is content snatching these lower class trophies from small towns.

You should really just walk east 'til your hat floats.

The better more physical team won. JCA made a number of critical mistakes, just as they did in the 2nd half last week. Two blocked punts and a number of key holding calls. Props to the Mascoutah kids. Seemed as if Mascoutah wore down the Hilltoppers, which is normally the JCA formula.

It was a weird atmosphere. Seemed as if almost all of the JCA student body was at the girls volleyball match. Mascoutah brought their band and a pretty good contingent of fans. The team and fans rose to the occasion.
Yes sir, spot on!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT