ADVERTISEMENT

It's OK, Dirty, or Well, It's Legal

I get where the defender was trying to grab with one hand and usually the other hand ends up somewhere else on the body but he went in with both hands on the hair. Usually one hand is unintentional but this looks the opposite and kind of an f you tackle. But it’s fair game as others said.

Reactions: brucealmighy
The numbers on the back of the jersey are pretty large and his hair covers almost all of it. It's fair game. How well does a helmet fit with all that hair?

Correct me if wrong, but I was recently informed that "dreadlocks" are now to be called just "locks" due to the negative connotation of "dread." My wife relayed this to me from a black female co-worker - honestly.

Correct me if wrong, but I was recently informed that "dreadlocks" are now to be called just "locks" due to the negative connotation of "dread." My wife relayed this to me from a black female co-worker - honestly.
Okay
But locks could be confused as actual locks? I never looked at dread locks in a negative way. I guess it’s the times we’re in where everything and anything can be interpreted differently.

That's the first that I've ever heard of that. I usually use the term "dreads" and that's what I hear most of the time from others. Could be a generational thing though.

Reactions: Gene K. and MS4EVER
Never been a fan of dreads on football players. For one the helmet never fits correctly. Secondly for reasons like this video.
Help prevent concussions. You also just have to tell the kids how to style his locks to fit the type of helmet issued. Haven't had a problem yet

Pulling a guy down by the hair is legal. I don't know what the runner is pissed about unless he doesn't know the rules. I have no problem with how anyone wears their hair. Just know the consequences of it when running the ball and don't get pissed when you get yanked down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT