ADVERTISEMENT

It’s not right........

Desperately rooting for good things in these states with games going on. Rooting for no overreaction. Seemingly the only way is in the shutdown states will have hope and pressure put on.

Reactions: McCaravan
Alabama is not a state to emulate. I used to go there on business. The locals would joke, "Thank God for Mississippi, or we'd be last in everything."

Indiana's not much better.

Sorry you are bummed by the constraints of a blue state, but this virus business is serious and ... you don't really need me to tell you any more than that.

Reactions: anon_4vszfu35bv677
Alabama is not a state to emulate. I used to go there on business. The locals would joke, "Thank God for Mississippi, or we'd be last in everything."

Sorry you are bummed by the constraints of a blue state, but this virus business is serious and ... you don't really need me to tell you any more than that.
Drama drama drama

After the NYT article yesterday on test positives/catching infectious cases and the CDC 6% table, I'd say this is quickly showing how not so serious this virus is for a large, large majority of the human race. But, have to play it day by day. I had a blast watching college football yesterday. Hopefully the wave keeps going after more games are played.

An OSU player was unfortunately shot last night. No details yet but in stable condition. Right or wrong, you know there is going to be a narrative on that not happening if there was football going on.

What is wrong with Indiana. Tax friendly state with friendly people. If I moved anywhere in the Midwest it would probably Indiana or Iowa! Illinois' taxes are among the nations highest! HS football might not be as good as ours but at least they are still playing.

After the NYT article yesterday on test positives/catching infectious cases and the CDC 6% table, I'd say this is quickly showing how not so serious this virus is for a large, large majority of the human race. But, have to play it day by day. I had a blast watching college football yesterday. Hopefully the wave keeps going after more games are played.

An OSU player was unfortunately shot last night. No details yet but in stable condition. Right or wrong, you know there is going to be a narrative on that not happening if there was football going on.

Substance abuse, suicide, domestic violence are all up and the these stats show it’s not what we all feared it might be.

Why isn’t there a louder voice to let’s get back to normal? We are literally hurting people for no reason now.

Substance abuse, suicide, domestic violence are all up and the these stats show it’s not what we all feared it might be.

Why isn’t there a louder voice to let’s get back to normal? We are literally hurting people for no reason now.

The second wave is coming in late October/ November but its not the COVID wave its the wave of mass layoffs and closures of restaurants as the weather turns and they can no longer seat customers outside. I go out and I see most people doing the right things while in public but the only thing I hear from the State is lets put our head in the sand and wait this thing out. By the time this thing ends there will be nothing left for us.

That article yesterday was a real eye opener, a lot of Politicians have said they will follow the "science" but as soon as the science doesn't back up their view point they throw it out the window since they know best.

Lots of fans here in Indiana. But not good quality football. And these are some of the best teams in this state.

Hobart and Merrillville would be 3 to 5 loss teams (depending on Conference) if they played in Central Indiana. Northwest Indiana football just isn't very great at the large school level. Both will have 1 or 2 loss seasons and high rankings, but will get smoked when they meet a Central Indiana team deep in the playoffs. Every team in Indiana gets in and there's no seeding, so the playoff format creates a lot of crappy State Championship games. For perspective, think about a SW Illinois team making it to the Semi Finals or State Finals before playing a single Chicago area team.

One Covid related issue that's plaguing Indiana teams is that they had very limited practice time leading up to week 1 and teams are having to put 2nd stringers into the starting lineup due to players being held our for "covid related symptoms." Oh well, it's still better than waiting until Spring Time to play.

Hobart and Merrillville would be 3 to 5 loss teams (depending on Conference) if they played in Central Indiana. Northwest Indiana football just isn't very great at the large school level. Both will have 1 or 2 loss seasons and high rankings, but will get smoked when they meet a Central Indiana team deep in the playoffs. Every team in Indiana gets in and there's no seeding, so the playoff format creates a lot of crappy State Championship games. For perspective, think about a SW Illinois team making it to the Semi Finals or State Finals before playing a single Chicago area team.

One Covid related issue that's plaguing Indiana teams is that they had very limited practice time leading up to week 1 and teams are having to put 2nd stringers into the starting lineup due to players being held our for "covid related symptoms." Oh well, it's still better than waiting until Spring Time to play.
Just looking at the rankings Merrillville was #3 in 6a(highest Class) and hobart #1 in 4a. I must have read the fake news.

What is wrong with Indiana. Tax friendly state with friendly people. If I moved anywhere in the Midwest it would probably Indiana or Iowa! Illinois' taxes are among the nations highest! HS football might not be as good as ours but at least they are still playing.

Exactly! The Indianapolis area is a great place to live. A lot of high paying jobs, very low taxes, affordable housing. I used to live in Downers Grove. I don't miss ridiculously high Illinois Property Taxes or having to sit in an hour of traffic just to get into Chicago.

Central Indiana HS football is really good. A lot of large schools with D1 talent that dump a lot of money into HS athletics. The Indy metro population is only about 2 Million, so they just don't have the sheer number of HS's and talent that Chicagoland has. But, the best programs in the Indy area regularly play Ohio powers from Cincinnati and Cleveland and more than hold their own.

Reactions: missingwalter
Just looking at the rankings Merrillville was #3 in 6a(highest Class) and hobart #1 in 4a. I must have read the fake news.

That's correct. They're both vastly overrated. Good teams. Just not worthy of those rankings. Both were blown out of the water in the State Semi-Finals last year. Would have been sooner if they didn't' feast on Northern Indiana teams in the opening rounds.

If Edwardsville went undefeated and was ranked #1 in 8A, would that automatically make them better than a 1-3 loss Loyola, Lincolnway-East, Glenbard West, etc.? Easier schedules inflate the rankings and records of NWI Teams. Hobart is an old powerhouse from they 70's to '90's that made it to the Semi-Finals for the first time in decades last year. They were grossly over ranked at #1 in 4A.

That's correct. They're both vastly overrated. Good teams. Just not worthy of those rankings. Both were blown out of the water in the State Semi-Finals last year. Would have been sooner if they didn't' feast on Northern Indiana teams in the opening rounds.

If Edwardsville went undefeated and was ranked #1 in 8A, would that automatically make them better than a 1-3 loss Loyola, Lincolnway-East, Glenbard West, etc.? Easier schedules inflate the rankings and records of NWI Teams. Hobart is an old powerhouse from they 70's to '90's that made it to the Semi-Finals for the first time in decades last year. They were grossly over ranked at #1 in 4A.

Yes it does. Not sure how many 3 loss 8A teams have won a championship in the last 20 years. My guess is less than 3 and I would also guess than maybe one of the teams listed my have that under their resume'. Don't forget that a 11-1 LA beat a 9-3 E'ville by 7 points in the 2017 Semis.

Yes it does. Not sure how many 3 loss 8A teams have won a championship in the last 20 years. My guess is less than 3 and I would also guess than maybe one of the teams listed my have that under their resume'. Don't forget that a 11-1 LA beat a 9-3 E'ville by 7 points in the 2017 Semis.
2018 Loyola (10-4), 2016 Maine South (11-3), 2013 Naperville Central (11-3). Then nobody (even when it was 6A).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT