ADVERTISEMENT

Is there some advantaage?

MC63

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Lake County
Navy brings a winnning streak of (about) 13 games against Army.

Does Annapolis have some secret advantage over West Point?

Originally posted by MC63:
Navy brings a winnning streak of (about) 13 games against Army.

Does Annapolis have some secret advantage over West Point?
A lot more soldiers die in battle from West Point which leads to more choosing Navy or Air Force.

Yeah, the secret is that Navy has rushed for over 300 yards per game in the last 12 meetings and Army has rushed for about 150 a game. Navy won today...again, 17-10...that's 13 in a row.

Originally posted by Dr. Mirakle:
Yeah, the secret is that Navy has rushed for over 300 yards per game in the last 12 meetings and Army has rushed for about 150 a game. Navy won today...again, 17-10...that's 13 in a row.
That's a poorly kept secret

Re: Is there some advantage?

Perhaps I should make the question simpler for you.

Does Annapolis, for example, make concessions that allow grads to go to the NFL that West Point does not?

Is there some opportunity to complete their service commitment with reserve duty for graduates of one school, but not the other?

If so, it might explain Navy's dominance.

Clear enough, Doc?

I think not. David Robinson perhaps the best known athlete that played for Navy had to complete his military obligation before he joined the Spurs.

This post was edited on 12/14 3:56 PM by Lockport Dad

It's a 5 year commitment for either service academy. There have been a few examples of "early outs " but it's pretty rare. I know Navy recently let a player out after three years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT