Batavia @ Lemont

GBN @ Neuqua Valley

Geneva vs. Niles ND

LP vs. DeKalb

STE @ Rock Island

STN vs. Schaumburg

WN @ Evanston

WWS vs. Metea Valley

I have been waiting for this thread to pop up but since no one has done it, I figured I would post it. To make it interesting I’ll keep a running total during the regular season and award the Clown Cup to person with the best winning percentage who participates in a minimum 7 out of the 9 weeks.

I'll go with the following:

Batavia
NV
NND
LP
STE
STN
WN
WWS

It should be interesting year since it appears outside of STN most of the teams will have a totally new look them this year.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
I like it.....the Clown Cup. This is going to be a great football conference year-in-year-out.

Batavia....Lemont is good, but not in Batavia's class.
NV
ND
LP....interesting matchup. Go with the 8A depth.
STE
STN
WN.....this is the only one I debated. I like WN's Jr. class, though. Not yet buying the hype on Evanston.
WWS

Batavia
NV (interesting note that NV did not beat GBN in the 3 years they were in the same Conference) - so I am going against that mojo and they break the curse this year.
NND
LP - don’t let me down boys!! I really struggled making the right weekly picks last year on the LP games - they were toying with me on purpose!
STE
STN
Evanston
WWS

I'm in!

Batavia
Nequa
Niles ND
DeKalb
STE
STN
WN
WWS

I think LP DeKalb will be a great game. Could go either way.

Batavia
NV
NND
DeKalb
STCE
STCN
Evanston
WWS

We only disagree on the Dekalb/LP match up. I saw a bit of summer film on Dekalb - I have not seen LP (except for last year). LP don’t let me down!!.... I want to win the Clown Cup!!

Batavia @ Lemont

GBN @ Neuqua Valley

Geneva vs. Niles ND

LP vs. DeKalb

STE @ Rock Island

STN vs. Schaumburg

WN @ Evanston

WWS vs. Metea Valley

I love this conference. More games of local teams @ Geneva means more meals in Geneva...

Picks bolded

Batavia
Neuqua Valley
Geneva
DeKalb
STE
STN
WN
Metea Valley .. probably best game of week

Lots of late Metea Valley love! Go D204!! I am rooting for you (except when you play WV of course!).

It's going to be interesting to see how Neuqua's new QB fares against what I assume will be an athletic GBN secondary. Gronowski has the measurables (6'3, 200) and the moxy to do well but he hasn't been on a stage like this. Until proven otherwise take GBN.

Batavia
NND
LP
STE
STN
WN
WWS

Final Scores

Batavia 22 Lemont 15
NV 27 GBN 6
NND 45 Geneva 7
DeKalb 27 LP 0
StE 41 Rock Island 14
StN 23 Schaumburg 16
Evanston 27 WN 13
WWS 26 MV 0

The Dukane goes 4-4 in week one. Most surprising game has to be LP, not so much that they lost but by 4 TDs, Yikes!!

Looks like I went 7-1 for the first week and yes my LP picking continues to be as dreadful in 2018 as it was in 2017....

Do the Clown Cup standings come out after week 2?

Did you go to the WV game? That's a pretty good win for them.

Yes I was there.

Defense played great and were on the field most of the night. I am a little worried about the O, - granted game one Offenses are usually behind the Defenses with getting into mid season form and we were missing a key component to the offense,....but outside of 5 big plays - the O did not do much. I think we had two first downs all game and then two big runs and 3 big pass plays (one 60 yard TD run and two long passing TDs).

So on the plus side - potentially very explosive big play offense with quick and agile RB and WRs. The QB played great and throws a very nice long ball and also is accurate on the slant routes. Has more arm strength than I’ve seen at WV since Biennma.
I am guessing they will open it up more in the passing game to help loosen up the running between the tackles. OPRF stuffed the box and didn’t even have a single high safety over the top at times and they got burned on that by WV for two big long passing plays.

On the concern side - We could not get the hard yards up the middle against OPRF Defense (don’t seem to have a big power back/Full Back type to blast 3-4 yards at a pop and help with blocking (possibly that gets added as a wrinkle later). One of the big plays we got went inside the 5 and then we bogged down (always nice to punch it in when you down there but we kicked a field goal). The other big non TD play we got inside the 20 and bogged down and missed a field goal.

All in All a very nice week one win. Libertyville up next (second straight 2017 playoff team we face before the part one of two Neuqua game!). Sounds like Neuqua dominated GBN which is great!! Who do you guys have next? When do you play Stevie? That should be a barn burner!!

Reactions: Gene K.
Yes I was there.

Defense played great and were on the field most of the night. I am a little worried about the O, - granted game one Offenses are usually behind the Defenses with getting into mid season form and we were missing a key component to the offense,....but outside of 5 big plays - the O did not do much. I think we had two first downs all game and then two big runs and 3 big pass plays (one 60 yard TD run and two long passing TDs).

So on the plus side - potentially very explosive big play offense with quick and agile RB and WRs. The QB played great and throws a very nice long ball and also is accurate on the slant routes. Has more arm strength than I’ve seen at WV since Biennma.
I am guessing they will open it up more in the passing game to help loosen up the running between the tackles. OPRF stuffed the box and didn’t even have a single high safety over the top at times and they got burned on that by WV for two big long passing plays.

On the concern side - We could not get the hard yards up the middle against OPRF Defense (don’t seem to have a big power back/Full Back type to blast 3-4 yards at a pop and help with blocking (possibly that gets added as a wrinkle later). One of the big plays we got went inside the 5 and then we bogged down (always nice to punch it in when you down there but we kicked a field goal). The other big non TD play we got inside the 20 and bogged down and missed a field goal.

All in All a very nice week one win. Libertyville up next (second straight 2017 playoff team we face before the part one of two Neuqua game!). Sounds like Neuqua dominated GBN which is great!! Who do you guys have next? When do you play Stevie? That should be a barn burner!!
Neuqua absolutely dominated. GBN had 27 carries for -4 yards. The D is filthy. Gronowski looked really good in his first start at QB. He has a bevy of really good WRs to throw to as well as Chevy out of the backfield. Chevy (RB Chevalier) ended up with 269 total yards. This Friday is when we play Stevenson. At Neuqua....looks to be a real good game.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Neuqua absolutely dominated. GBN had 27 carries for -4 yards. The D is filthy. Gronowski looked really good in his first start at QB. He has a bevy of really good WRs to throw to as well as Chevy out of the backfield. Chevy (RB Chevalier) ended up with 269 total yards. This Friday is when we play Stevenson. At Neuqua....looks to be a real good game.

You going? Going to post a thread to keep us updated? The ScoreStream is unreliable and the twitter tracker game reports are hard for me to follow!!

Would be fantastic if Neuqua can scoop up a win versus Stevie and WV getting past Libertyville. I think all the NVC (DVC) teams are going to need as many playoff points as possible since we have to play each other multiple times and knock each other off.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
really hard to assess because of weather. Obviously exepected SCN and Batavia to be more dominant. SCE dominant but sounds like they completely outclassed a weaker opponent. WWS was probably the best win, but they will need to find a way to score.

Biggest disappoint was WN. Not sure I can see a way to the playoffs for them from here

really hard to assess because of weather. Obviously exepected SCN and Batavia to be more dominant. SCE dominant but sounds like they completely outclassed a weaker opponent. WWS was probably the best win, but they will need to find a way to score.

Biggest disappoint was WN. Not sure I can see a way to the playoffs for them from here

The best week one win for the new Dukane Conference was WWS dominating Metea? You do realize Metea was 1-8 last year and their only win was against a 5A 5-4 Rock Island team? Not a steller start to what we all think will be one of the Best Conferences in the state.

I would say it is Batavia over Lemont. Lemont is a tough team regardless of classification.

Batavia it is. Cant be WWS getting shut out of the endzone by Metea. But I will say the kicker probably should be the player of the week. We'll never see that type of performance again.

Most missed game was WN/ Evanston

35k34ew.jpg

tinypic.com

35k34ew.jpg

Last edited:
Most missed game was WN/ Evanston

35k34ew.jpg

tinypic.com

35k34ew.jpg
WN graduated 47 senior players from a team that could have easily won state last year had they not blown a 4th and 13 vs. Batavia late in the game. Batavia lost their QB and the new guy has some learning to do for sure. SCE and SCN look pretty solid. WWS has a kicker and good defense. Not sure about a QB. Look for WN and Geneva to fight it out for the bottom of the conference this year.

WN graduated 47 senior players from a team that could have easily won state last year had they not blown a 4th and 13 vs. Batavia late in the game. Batavia lost their QB and the new guy has some learning to do for sure. SCE and SCN look pretty solid. WWS has a kicker and good defense. Not sure about a QB. Look for WN and Geneva to fight it out for the bottom of the conference this year.

I am predictIng Glenbard North and Geneva will duke it out for avoiding bottom of the conference. I think your Falcons take both of those games. GBN lost a ton to graduation and that junior (now senior) class did not look like world beaters.

Reactions: FalconPadre
SCE has the easiest opening 2 games in the conference. I'm waiting for the games against SCN and Batavia before I get excited.

Reactions: FalconPadre
I have been waiting for this thread to pop up but since no one has done it, I figured I would post it. To make it interesting I’ll keep a running total during the regular season and award the Clown Cup to person with the best winning percentage who participates in a minimum 7 out of the 9 weeks.

Bump

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT