ADVERTISEMENT

IHSFCA story on this week's virtual clinic with no Illini representation

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois

Again no idea why the IHSFCA still remains loyal to Illinois/Champaign and if this year doesn't make them reconsider a new location for the clinic in 2022....nothing will

Again no idea why the IHSFCA still remains loyal to Illinois/Champaign and if this year doesn't make them reconsider a new location for the clinic in 2022....nothing will
It's unreal how little they recruit this state.

I agree other than OL. They have quite a few OL starters from in state.

They've had a couple years in the past 3 or 4 they didn't get anyone from Illinois. Last year, the only Illinois kid was a PWO from Yorkville. They grabbed 3-4 lineman from Illinois this year, but Kreutz was a layup, I would hope.

yeah, he's a good kid and player. That Yorkville team had a lot of quality student-athletes.

How many times can Lovie and U of I continue to $#*! on the coaches of our state before we change something??? Its complete garbage that they continue to do this year end and year out and we continue to take it.

Stay cool U of I.... What a joke

Reactions: Topiary
How many times can Lovie and U of I continue to $#*! on the coaches of our state before we change something??? Its complete garbage that they continue to do this year end and year out and we continue to take it.

Stay cool U of I.... What a joke

Funny
Sounds like the Bears. Wait he coached the Bears. Hahaha
I said it before and will say it again. Lovie has no passion. He lost it and is riding it out till retirement. Illinois better figure it out.

I played with Dan and played for his Dad when he coached, small world. I also went to college with Josh's Dad, so will be fun to see how his son develops at U of I.
Yorkville and Oswego kids pretty much all know each other. for The most part they play in the same leagues their whole life.

Reactions: Gene K.
The clinic is normally in the spring. Why are they doing it during the college football season. IL was preparing for NW. The virtual clinic is just a money grab.

The clinic is normally in the spring. Why are they doing it during the college football season. IL was preparing for NW. The virtual clinic is just a money grab.

NW coaches were able to attend along with a bunch of other schools. There is supposed to be a season (in theory) this spring.

Do it after the college season, or then after the high school season in May. PPP (Piss, poor, planning)

Anybody think that this mis-step by Lovie was the last straw for Whitman?
No. If it was he would not be conducting the search right now. He would be fired himself. As it is, Whitman got the board to sign off on the firing, which means he still has their blessing to do his job and conduct the search.
That said, this hire is his entire career in the line. We will know in 3 to 5 years if he will be the Illini AD for life or if he will be back at a d3 institution.

Do it after the college season, or then after the high school season in May. PPP (Piss, poor, planning)
How difficult is it for a college coach to give a 1 hour presentation? Honestly they probably have canned presentation they use over and over. Talking to HS coaches is no different than talking to recruits during the season or did Lovie not have enough hours in the day to recruit?

How difficult is it for a college coach to give a 1 hour presentation? Honestly they probably have canned presentation they use over and over. Talking to HS coaches is no different than talking to recruits during the season or did Lovie not have enough hours in the day to recruit?
Especially considering they can't really do a lot of the stuff they traditionally do to recruit.

If the coaches were from Texas or Florida, Lovie would have made time.

Reactions: ClownBaby and mc140
No. If it was he would not be conducting the search right now. He would be fired himself. As it is, Whitman got the board to sign off on the firing, which means he still has their blessing to do his job and conduct the search.
That said, this hire is his entire career in the line. We will know in 3 to 5 years if he will be the Illini AD for life or if he will be back at a d3 institution.
Never mind, I see I misread it. You were asking if that was the last straw for him to pull the plug on Lovie. That question was asked at the presser and josh said that one event was not necesssrily impactful but that recruiting strategy in general was an area of concern when evaluating the program.

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT