ADVERTISEMENT

Ihsa waives game requirements for CPS

Didn't ESL ask for a waiver when they had a teacher strike at the beginning of the season. If I remember it was denied. If that is correct, I'd say there is a definite North/South bias in IHSA administration.

Reactions: Rum Ham
Didn't ESL ask for a waiver when they had a teacher strike at the beginning of the season. If I remember it was denied. If that is correct, I'd say there is a definite North/South bias in IHSA administration.
In 2015? I couldn't find anything IHSA wise

Reactions: Gene K.
In 2015 East St Louis played 5 games (3-2) record and then went on strike. The strike cost them their next 4 games resulting in 4 losses by forfeit (3-6)
This is according to max preps.

In 2015 East St Louis played 5 games (3-2) record and then went on strike. The strike cost them their next 4 games resulting in 4 losses by forfeit (3-6)
This is according to max preps.

The obvious difference here is that the CPS teams can't really count as a loss via forfeit because both teams are not able to play. So, it's simply a non-game.

The obvious difference here is that the CPS teams can't really count as a loss via forfeit because both teams are not able to play. So, it's simply a non-game.
That’s correct, however Simeon currently has a record of 6-1. They have enough wins to qualify but the will probably be seeded ahead of the 6-3 teams but behind the 7-2 teams. ESTL never had enough wins to qualify.

Sorry for posting bad info! Thought they had a better record and didn't realize that the forfeited all those games. Any which way it is a shame when kids who have a shot at an athletic scholarship are adversely impacted. Could be one of the few shots they have to better their lives.

There is a CPS conference champ in with 3 wins. This is just a joke.

Sorry for posting bad info! Thought they had a better record and didn't realize that the forfeited all those games. Any which way it is a shame when kids who have a shot at an athletic scholarship are adversely impacted. Could be one of the few shots they have to better their lives.

I’m sorry but I’ve seen several statements saying athletic scholarships are impacted, and this is just not true. If a players season is lost an athletic scholarship might be impacted, it in particular in football no college coach is not going to offer a scholarship to a talented player because his school didn’t meet the qualifications to be in the state tournament.

Reactions: Gene K. and mc140
I’m sorry but I’ve seen several statements saying athletic scholarships are impacted, and this is just not true. If a players season is lost an athletic scholarship might be impacted, it in particular in football no college coach is not going to offer a scholarship to a talented player because his school didn’t meet the qualifications to be in the state tournament.

It’s more about exposure that someone who is under the radar might get, not for verbal commits.

What are the chances the IHSA waives the 3 practice rule if a deal isn’t done by Wednesday? They’ve already seeded the teams and waived the 8 game rule. I would assume they’d want to see games played at all costs.

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
I don’t think this can happen. When Simeon appealed to the IHSA last week they also file a motion in court. Both the IHSA and the judge I believe indicated that the 3 day practice rule would not be overturned due to player safety.

Phoenix being able to chew up a playoff spot is a joke, they won 2 games and less likely by the hour if the game is even played..

Reactions: ignazio
What are the chances the IHSA waives the 3 practice rule if a deal isn’t done by Wednesday? They’ve already seeded the teams and waived the 8 game rule. I would assume they’d want to see games played at all costs.
Judge who ruled In Simeon’s favor said he will not waive the 3 practice rule under any circumstances

Reactions: caravan8
So here’s the next question. Do CPS schools have to be in school on Wednesday to be able to practice?

The only reason I ask is that I know for a fact that there are already thoughts from CPS schools affected of trying to figure out if the strike gets resolved on Wednesday and they are not in school, can they still practice (what if it’s for 15 minutes after the strike is resolved at 11pm)?

The only reason I ask is that I know for a fact that there are already thoughts from CPS schools affected of trying to figure out if the strike gets resolved on Wednesday and they are not in school, can they still practice (what if it’s for 15 minutes after the strike is resolved at 11pm)?

If they can sneak in a practice before midnight, so be it. Pretty sure that is probably not going to be allowed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT