ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA to defer to IDPH ISBE Governors office on all Return to Play guidelines

I like the Plainfield plan as a teacher, but also the kill shot of seeing football this fall...

Anyone else besides me think that JB is the face of white privilege. And isn't it funny how all the people that are against that are all for him! He must be doing something right! LOL

He's a popular Democratic governor in a very blue state. He could stand in the middle of Michigan Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters, okay?

Lincoln Way has opted for blended. Open 5 days a week for in school, students are split and attend alternate days. Full Remote option available as well.

Anyone else besides me think that JB is the face of white privilege. And isn't it funny how all the people that are against that are all for him! He must be doing something right! LOL
I understand what you are saying. You are referring to chapter 42 of the book "Moby Dick" titled "The Whiteness of The Whale." LOL!

Reactions: Gene K.
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters, okay?"

I'll give you one guess who said that on January 23, 2016
And I will give you one guess who said "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. He said it dozens of time over two years. Still the biggest lie of the 21st century.

Reactions: Alexander32
And I will give you one guess who said "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. He said it dozens of time over two years. Still the biggest lie of the 21st century.

No bigger than "anyone who wants a test can get one."

Word on the street is that tomorrow Pritzker is declaring all e learning to start the school year.

Word on the street is that tomorrow Pritzker is declaring all e learning to start the school year.
That's going around big time right now. I watched both his press conferences today. He said multiple times how he's leaving it up to individual school districts today because every place is different. Which wouldn't surprise me if he just does an about face and mandates this tomorrow. Beyond laughable at this point. Purely diabolical.

And I was really hoping this thread would last a little longer

Hey, does anyone have a Covid stats link for the new state subdivisions?

http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics

Funny thing it is the southwest region around St. Louis that is the hotspot in Illinois now (highest positivity rate). City of Chicago region has seen a reduction in hospital admissions the last 10 days. If Pritzker is going to declare e-learning for all tomorrow he is going to have to explain what "data" in any of the regions is supporting the decision.

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear”

The US was “most prepared country in the world”

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin

Funny thing it is the southwest region around St. Louis that is the hotspot in Illinois now (highest positivity rate). City of Chicago region has seen a reduction in hospital admissions the last 10 days. If Pritzker is going to declare e-learning for all tomorrow he is going to have to explain what "data" in any of the regions is supporting the decision.

Did I read this right? It says that the Hospital Admissions are based on “Covid like illness admissions”. Okay, that’s another stat we can throw out

No bigger than "anyone who wants a test can get one."
That is true. The doctors lie will always be a lie and much bigger. YUUUGE!. People will always feel that lie. I am still waiting on those "shovel ready jobs" from 2009.

Last edited:
Did I read this right? It says that the Hospital Admissions are based on “Covid like illness admissions”. Okay, that’s another stat we can throw out
Yes, that's right. I stopped believing numbers quite a while ago. It's all political and it's obvious. Look at who wants to open the schools and who doesn't.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear”

The US was “most prepared country in the world”
That's a true statement. It will disappear...on November 4th.

Governor Just Big is a pawn of teachers union and they don’t feel like teaching this year so he is going to make it easy on them
I don't agree with that. Yes, the guy is a pawn. The union is poison. But I think the overwhelming majority of teachers do want to be in school teaching this year.

Reactions: Googertys Dog

The science only works when they agree with it and can use it for their benefit. When the "science" says it's OK to go back to school and their politics say not to, guess which decision they will make.

NCAA issued their return to sports guidelines yesterday. Many things they address have been discussed here. Most lower level programs will not be able to adhere to these guidelines. Many have already postponed their seasons. And the colleges are much better equipped to monitor and control/protect their athletes than high schools are. Given the massive $ attached to collegiate sports understand that these guidelines were very carefully constructed with all impacts factored in. This is all about the well being of the student athlete.
https://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-...developing-standards-practice-and-competition

Governor Just Big is a pawn of teachers union and they don’t feel like teaching this year so he is going to make it easy on them
Two things! The teacher's unions are definitely in JB's camp but I imagine many, many teachers want to go back to regular in-school learning. The unions, IMO will dictate who teaches in school or not. Don't see many teachers going against what their unions say. Secondly, has anyone noticed how the media is not reporting the number of deaths due to covid on the nightly news but are now talking about the number of confirmed cases and the curves going back up. Didn't Dr. Fauci, the covid guru and media darling, at one point say their would be 2 million deaths due to this, and that masks were not necessary? Being confirmed as having tested positive for covid is one thing, (many of those with no symptoms) dying from covid is a different animal.

Two things! The teacher's unions are definitely in JB's camp but I imagine many, many teachers want to go back to regular in-school learning. The unions, IMO will dictate who teaches in school or not. Don't see many teachers going against what their unions say. Secondly, has anyone noticed how the media is not reporting the number of deaths due to covid on the nightly news but are now talking about the number of confirmed cases and the curves going back up. Didn't Dr. Fauci, the covid guru and media darling, at one point say their would be 2 million deaths due to this, and that masks were not necessary? Being confirmed as having tested positive for covid is one thing, (many of those with no symptoms) dying from covid is a different animal.

I think the teachers should be in their classroom doing remote learning if that is the route.

I think the teachers should be in their classroom doing remote learning if that is the route.

that would be nice except teachers share classrooms and would not be able to take over a classroom for their own home office setup

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT