ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA Proposals are posted on the IHSA website

So, private schools have won approximately 55% of games recently played against public schools and private’s have appeared in a championship game approximately 35% of the time of recent. And these numbers are supposed to be compelling to cause a separation of public and private schools? Give me a break!

Reactions: superac777
I only see two proposals listed here the first is a new one basically reverting us back to our current system.

The second is the one that was "leaked" about a month ago....so in short very little new here see screen shots in the attached story

New Football Playoff proposal emerges

how does this voting work? I would hate the two proposals to prevent either one from winning approval. I think many people prefer one or the other but a majority would prefer either option to districts. If each one is a simple yes or no vote and they are both options i am worried schools may vote only yes on their top choice and no on the other. And with the pro district schools voting no to both that could be enough to killing both proposals. Would like to galvanize support behind either proposal and I really don’t care which one, as long as it prevents districting.

Reactions: Gene K.
At quick glance, wondering if public/private separation could get added traction after this weekend's results in Football Round 2 and Volleyball super-sectionals?

At quick glance, wondering if public/private separation could get added traction after this weekend's results in Football Round 2 and Volleyball super-sectionals?

There's 9 privates left out of the 32 in 5a thru 8a. Next week can only be 8 out 16.
Vball state is 4 out of 8 teams in 2 and 3a.
Those are about as even as it gets.

There's 9 privates left out of the 32 in 5a thru 8a. Next week can only be 8 out 16.
Vball state is 4 out of 8 teams in 2 and 3a.
The question will be whether how well those fractions you mentioned match the overall proportions of private to public IHSA membership in the particular sport. If half the state final qualifiers in a sport are public schools, should we expect that publics comprise 50% (or "close" to) of those competing in that state series? If not and that is a long term trend across several sports, maybe apples are actually competing with oranges in reality?

The question will be whether how well those fractions you mentioned match the overall proportions of private to public IHSA membership in the particular sport. If half the state final qualifiers in a sport are public schools, should we expect that publics comprise 50% (or "close" to) of those competing in that state series? If not and that is a long term trend across several sports, maybe apples are actually competing with oranges in reality?
Statist and defeatist thought is no way to go through life. But a new era of freedom will soon sweep through this state in less than a decade any way. If the voters don’t do it, the banks will.

I count 10 of 32: Rita, Boylan, JCA, SHG (5A), Provi (6A), MC, Naz (7A) and BR, LA and Marist (8A). Eight out of 16 after next week's games would only be "even" if 1/2 the FB-playing schools were actually private.

I count 10 of 32: Rita, Boylan, JCA, SHG (5A), Provi (6A), MC, Naz (7A) and BR, LA and Marist (8A). Eight out of 16 after next week's games would only be "even" if 1/2 the FB-playing schools were actually private.

I didnt know shg was private.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT