ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA 2021 Spring Football Master Schedule is out!

Any reason why the BR-Marist game is off both teams' schedules on IHSA site?

South Elgin and Bartlett are playing home games at Streamwood? Grass fields in poor shape?

It's a major trend across the state this spring.....several teams are moving to nearby turf fields. Makes nothing but sense especially with limited crowds allowed
Oswego's got one game scheduled on their home field.

We originally only had 2 home games scheduled, one Is being moved to Plainfield North. Two of the first three games, which were chopped, were home games.
I just figured with 6 games, everyone would have 3 home and 3 on the road

I just figured with 6 games, everyone would have 3 home and 3 on the road
they literally just chopped the first 3 games off the schedule and left it as is. I'm not bothered by it all. I just want them to play.

Presumably due to artificial turf installation issues in part, Richards has 1 home game and it is being played at district sister school Eisenhower, who boasts brand new turf after playing on grass since 1935. Shepard, from the same district, has 3 home games, 1 in Palos Heights and then other 2 at Eisenhower on Saturdays.

Sorry but I just can't get excited about spring football because

1. It's only 5 games
2. There is no playoffs
3. Likely I will not even be let in to a game
4. Football is for the fall
5. Teams have different intentions on who they are going to play on the field
6. Because of #5 rankings will be out of whack

There are more reasons.

Reactions: Illini Guru

1. It's only 5 games
2. There is no playoffs

There are more reasons.
You clearly aren't viewing this as a high school kid or parent of a high school kid. I have NEVER seen kids more excited.

1. It's only 5 games
2. There is no playoffs

There are more reasons.

You also have many more years to watch as a fan, these kids get 4 to play. Going to be a different perspective.

Reactions: Q5clan
It's a major trend across the state this spring.....several teams are moving to nearby turf fields. Makes nothing but sense especially with limited crowds allowed

Clifton Central and Momence scheduled early games at Bradley and Kankakee for Saturday afternoons. Central's Coach Brian Spooner was just on WGFA's sports report and discussed that Central's practice fields are in good shape, and the game field looks excellent after the warm dry weather, so the games have been moved back to Central - and the fans are ready...

You clearly aren't viewing this as a high school kid or parent of a high school kid. I have NEVER seen kids more excited.

I agree with both schools of thought. This is awesome for the kids. Something is better than nothing for developing the program too. However, I don't think I would go to a game even if I was allowed. I cannot get into this spring season at all.

As a fan I’m excited for the season but I also think the set up the Dukane Conference is using is better then a lot of other conferences since they protected rivalry games and then are having what amounts to a mini playoff to determine a champion. Some teams/ conferences schedules leave a lot to be desired so I can see how some fans aren’t happy even though they are glad the kids are getting a chance to play.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT