ADVERTISEMENT

Ignatius 31 ICCP 14 - Final

Ic will have a hard time making the playoffs
…I know. They’re a good squad but their schedule is tough. I don’t want to get it started but…if teams like Rochester had to play the caliber of competition that a school like IC is, they’d be on the bubble too

…I know. They’re a good squad but their schedule is tough. I don’t want to get it started but…if teams like Rochester had to play the caliber of competition that a school like IC is, they’d be on the b
Does anyone else think the coaches lost these players (figuratively) when they asked Loyola to play their second string last year? IC had some D1 athletes last year and I gotta think the message that sent to the whole team was demoralizing

Does anyone else think the coaches lost these players (figuratively) when they asked Loyola to play their second string last year? IC had some D1 athletes last year and I gotta think the message that sent to the whole team was demoralizing
I think their main problem is that surrounding schools got better which provided more options. Supply and demand

Reactions: JCHillmen
I think their main problem is that surrounding schools got better which provided more options. Supply and demand
Just look at York. For almost a decade before their current run, York's best season was 4 wins. I'm sure there are Elmhurst kids on the current team that might have been at IC a few years ago.

Agreed. They had a really statistically unlikely compilation of talent for a school of their size over the last 7-10 years. They will still be good, but this is likely just a reversion back to a more realistic level of talent for a school of that size.

And the CCL/ESCC treating them as if they are St. Ignatius or St. Rita likely isn't very helpful to them.

Agreed. They had a really statistically unlikely compilation of talent for a school of their size over the last 7-10 years. They will still be good, but this is likely just a reversion back to a more realistic level of talent for a school of that size.

And the CCL/ESCC treating them as if they are St. Ignatius or St. Rita likely isn't very helpful to them.
What do you mean treating them like iggy and Rita? By scheduling them Loyola? Montini is same size and they’ve been in great games with Loyola. In all selfishly I just would’ve liked to see what a talented IC team could do against the ramblers

Just look at York. For almost a decade before their current run, York's best season was 4 wins. I'm sure there are Elmhurst kids on the current team that might have been at IC a few years ago.

IC wasn’t winning their championships with a bunch of kids from Elmhurst. I would elaborate but Bones got upset when I mentioned youth football in another post. Bottom line some wells dried up for ic where they got kids and they have more competition at other youth programs

What do you mean treating them like iggy and Rita? By scheduling them Loyola? Montini is same size and they’ve been in great games with Loyola. In all selfishly I just would’ve liked to see what a talented IC team could do against the ramblers
I think they would have fit in nicely in the White. Laurence, Carmel, Fenwick, and Montini seem more appropriate for IC than SF, Naz, and Rita.

The most talented IC team of the last decade likely makes a game of it with the least talented LA team of the last decade. Any other combination, the results would have been not as bad as the second string game, but still pretty lopsided.

IC best team over their run was the 2016 version. That team in 3A was just ridiculously better than every other in the bracket.
Wilmington has a decent tradition and had one of their more talented teams that year, and they got absolutely taken apart by IC.
I believe two years after, they won 4A and running clocked the 5A champs during the regular season, but the 2016 squad was the best imho.

Reactions: Gene K.

No doubt it was a bad look. I get they are a small school team and would’ve been over matched. They also had no problem curb stomping much weaker programs over the years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT