ADVERTISEMENT

If They Play, What Team Ranks #2 Behind ESL?

I know MC is always there - who are the guys besides the Qb who make a difference? Toot their horns!

So effing sick of “Will we play?”

The answer is no ... SO ... you can’t be proven wrong with your optimistic prognostications!!!!

LET’S HEAR WHAT YA GOT!

Top spot is a given.

Who is in the running for second place in the Edgy Open Division?

What’s LWE got? MC? LA? 6 Flag?
1. Lincoln-Way East (40-1 over last three seasons)
2. Nazareth (motivated to erase last year's title game memory)
3. Loyola (9 semifinal appearances in the last 11 seasons)
4. Mt. Carmel (young coach has the program re-energized)
5. East St. Louis (the top spot is not a given in my book)
6. Marist (one of these days they will win a championship)
7. Rochester (8 championships in the last decade... I don't care the class)
8. Batavia (loaded team is the best in the Dukane League)
9. Prairie Ridge (about as consistent as they come... 3 titles in decade)
10. Maine South (isn't it about time for another championship?)

I'll bite

1. Loyola - last year was the down year and they went 3 rounds in the post season

2. Mt. Carmel - return a bunch from a championship team

3. L-W East - plug and chug

4. ESL - nice QB and young guys saw time, always loaded

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Maurice Edwards is a game changer - Power 5 kid. Also a couple more transfers will argument current D1 returners and next level younger talent. Warren is 2 & 3 deep with talent.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
I'll bite

1. Loyola - last year was the down year and they went 3 rounds in the post season

2. Mt. Carmel - return a bunch from a championship team

3. L-W East - plug and chug

4. ESL - nice QB and young guys saw time, always loaded

I wasn’t going to ask but I couldn’t resist. MC return something like 14 starters and beat LA last year. How can anyone preseason rank LA over MC? What’s the logic behind that? Am I missing something?

Maurice Edwards is a game changer - Power 5 kid. Also a couple more transfers will argument current D1 returners and next level younger talent. Warren is 2 & 3 deep with talent.
He’s a stud, for sure. His size seems to be what’s listed and the speed is good. Kid likes contact too, it seems. And a nice GPA too!

Reactions: Gene K.
I wasn’t going to ask but I couldn’t resist. MC return something like 14 starters and beat LA last year. How can anyone preseason rank LA over MC? What’s the logic behind that? Am I missing something?
Easy. Down year for Loyola and they lost by 3 to a phenomenal MC team at MC. I don't think they'll be down two years in a row and they'll be at home.

Easy. Down year for Loyola and they lost by 3 to a phenomenal MC team at MC. I don't think they'll be down two years in a row and they'll be at home.

So are assuming MC will be worse or LA possibility is better than MC guaranteed success considering the amount of returning starters? Obviously MC was young last year too. Was just wondering.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
So are assuming MC will be worse or LA possibility is better than MC guaranteed success considering the amount of returning starters? Obviously MC was young last year too. Was just wondering.
Just assuming LA will be better. I think at this point in time when both schools have A Teams that Loyola will have the higher ceiling.

LA has 17 returning. They lost on a last second 50 yard field goal to MC. LA also fumbled on the one yard line early in the game. The Ramblers hadn’t settled on a starting QB and RB until the second half of the MC game. Not taking anything away from MC. They deserved to win that game but it was very close.

LA has 17 returning. They lost on a last second 50 yard field goal to MC. LA also fumbled on the one yard line early in the game. The Ramblers hadn’t settled on a starting QB and RB until the second half of the MC game. Not taking anything away from MC. They deserved to win that game but it was very close.

As someone who was at that game, I couldn’t of said it any better. Also, let’s not forget the energy Mt. Carmel had to play LA for the first time in their remodeled field. I’m not taking anything away from Mt. Carmel, they won the game fair and square. However, this year, I don’t see LA losing should they play. No weaknesses.

It was about a 30 yard FG but your right 50 sounds better! ; )

As someone who was at that game, I couldn’t of said it any better. Also, let’s not forget the energy Mt. Carmel had to play LA for the first time in their remodeled field. I’m not taking anything away from Mt. Carmel, they won the game fair and square. However, this year, I don’t see LA losing should they play. No weaknesses.
MC seniors to be are 3-0 vs LA, Juniors are 1-1. Seniors are 33-0. MC weakness, if there was one, was Dline after losing Grant but they got a 6’6 275 pound transfer from Providence to help them there. Everywhere else they are loaded. LA is absolutely stacked too, and will be at home....I’m sure it will be a great game.....in March....maybe.....hopefully.....St. Pats weekend maybe?

MC seniors to be are 3-0 vs LA, Juniors are 1-1. Seniors are 33-0. MC weakness, if there was one, was Dline after losing Grant but they got a 6’6 275 pound transfer from Providence to help them there. Everywhere else they are loaded. LA is absolutely stacked too, and will be at home....I’m sure it will be a great game.....in March....maybe.....hopefully.....St. Pats weekend maybe?

Let’s hope they play. I’ll be a fantastic game in Wilmette if they do.

MC has won the last 2 meetings with LA and I just have a hard time seeing any program win 3 meetings in a row (and 2 at LA) against Holocek.

As for rankings heading into the season I’d say top 5 are
1. LWE (always reloads and has a plethora of kids on the team)
2. LA (lots returning; get rid of the taste of last season)
3. MC (plenty returning; Lynch 2nd year at QB; defense should be very good again)
4. ESL (loaded; always up for a big game; talent all over the field)
5. Naz (another team that reloads. Racki is a top coach and there’s plenty of talent there)
5. Warren (six flags coming off a strong season and has talent back)

Couldn’t leave any of these teams off, I think there will be some other very good teams in Illinois that will compete for 7A or 8A titles (MS, GW, BR, Marist, Batavia, LZ).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT