ADVERTISEMENT

ICE Week 8

McEvergreen

Oct 29, 2019
Manteno (2-5) @ Lisle (3-4) - The Lions need to win out in order to have a chance at making the playoffs. One game at a time, boys. LISLE 26 - Manteno 14

Peotone (4-3) @ Herscher (1-6) - With the playoffs on their mind, the Blue Devils roll into Herscher and take care of business. PEOTONE 37 - Herscher 12

Wilmington (6-1) @ Streator (2-5) - The Cats are focused on hosting round one and take care of this one early. WILMINGTON 42 - Streator 7

Reed-Custer (7-0) @ Coal City (5-2) - It's the Coalers turn to face the high flying Comets in this weeks GOTW. CC has been improving each week and always tough at home. Still won't matter. RC 49 - CC 10

Is it just me or has this thread gone cold since Wilmington lost :eek: It's only hs football, fellas!

Lisle over Manteno 27-20. I thought Lisle would offer a bit more resistance last week. As stated above they need this game. Manteno can put up some points but won’t be able to stop the Lions ground game.

Peotone over Herscher 27-14. See above regarding ground game. Herscher has hung in there with low numbers, but will get worn down.

Wilmo over Streator 42-20. Streator has sone big play capability, but I think the Cats will run wild, regardless of who’s in the backfield.

Reed-Custer over Coal City 44-14. First time this year no running clock for the Comets.

Manteno (2-5) @ Lisle (3-4) - The Lions need to win out in order to have a chance at making the playoffs. One game at a time, boys. LISLE 26 - Manteno 14

Peotone (4-3) @ Herscher (1-6) - With the playoffs on their mind, the Blue Devils roll into Herscher and take care of business. PEOTONE 37 - Herscher 12

Wilmington (6-1) @ Streator (2-5) - The Cats are focused on hosting round one and take care of this one early. WILMINGTON 42 - Streator 7

Reed-Custer (7-0) @ Coal City (5-2) - It's the Coalers turn to face the high flying Comets in this weeks GOTW. CC has been improving each week and always tough at home. Still won't matter. RC 49 - CC 10

Is it just me or has this thread gone cold since Wilmington lost :eek: It's only hs football, fellas!
Life happens......and it's only Monday LOL

Manteno (2-5) @ Lisle (3-4) Lions need this win, Manteno has played decent at times. I like Lisle at home in a snoozer. Lisle 32 Manteno 14

Peotone (4-3) @ Herscher (1-6) Tone had a few plays that broke their back last week against CC. Herscher has showed signs of life but depth and injuries has hurt them. Tone gets their 5th win and gets their playoff birth. Tone 28 Herscher 7

Wilmington (6-1) @ Streator (2-5) Wilmo has played solid all year except for the beatdown they received from Braidwood. Streator once again does not put up a fight in a conference where they are the biggest school. Bulldogs will hit a few big plays here but Wilmo cruises here Wildcats 40 Streator 20

Reed-Custer (7-0) @ Coal City (5-2) CC has played improved football since getting whooped by Morris week 1. CC had a good passing attack against Tone last week and have a very good Sophomore running back. They have a few guys banged up but should be healthy by week 10. Braidwood just continues to roll, McPherson is the best athlete in the ICE and to beat Braidwood CC has to contain him. Easier said than done. Comet defense has been lights out all year. CC pulls out a Senior Night miracle with the upset win over the greatest team in ICE/I8 history :cool: CC 31 Braidwood 30

Manteno (2-5) @ Lisle (3-4) Lions need this win, Manteno has played decent at times. I like Lisle at home in a snoozer. Lisle 32 Manteno 14

Peotone (4-3) @ Herscher (1-6) Tone had a few plays that broke their back last week against CC. Herscher has showed signs of life but depth and injuries has hurt them. Tone gets their 5th win and gets their playoff birth. Tone 28 Herscher 7

Wilmington (6-1) @ Streator (2-5) Wilmo has played solid all year except for the beatdown they received from Braidwood. Streator once again does not put up a fight in a conference where they are the biggest school. Bulldogs will hit a few big plays here but Wilmo cruises here Wildcats 40 Streator 20

Reed-Custer (7-0) @ Coal City (5-2) CC has played improved football since getting whooped by Morris week 1. CC had a good passing attack against Tone last week and have a very good Sophomore running back. They have a few guys banged up but should be healthy by week 10. Braidwood just continues to roll, McPherson is the best athlete in the ICE and to beat Braidwood CC has to contain him. Easier said than done. Comet defense has been lights out all year. CC pulls out a Senior Night miracle with the upset win over the greatest team in ICE/I8 history :cool: CC 31 Braidwood 30
Now THAT would send shock waves throughout 3A. I like your enthusiasm, Coaler!

Manteno @ Lisle- Lisle with everything to play for and Manteno with nothing to play for. I like the Lions being able to sneek one out here. The game will be tight but the Lions run game takes over and gives the Panthers another loss. Lisle 20 Manteno 13

Peotone @ Herscher- I don't see the Tigers being able to slow down the Blue Devils. Peotone with alot to play for this week. Coach Tolly will have his guys ready to play and get that 5th win. Don't want to head into week 9 with Lisle in a must win for both sides. Blue Devils 28 Tigers 14

Wilmington @ Streator- This is going to be over before it starts. Cats roll early and often. Cats with over 400 yards on the ground. Streator puts up a score or two late. Cats 42 Bulldogs 14

RC @ Coal City- Conference title on the line in this one. RC wins and they will hold at least a share of the title with Wilmington. Coal City wins and there is a 3 way tie for the title. Its the Coalers senior night and they are coming off winning 4 in a row and the offense is clicking. The Comets have nothing but running clocks and the starters have still not played a full game. Is this the game where it happens? The Coaler defense is always tough and will show up. Comets 54 Coalers 14

Manteno vs. Lisle - the Lions are still hoping for a playoff birth and need a win to even have a shot next week. The Panthers have shown glimpses of being a solid football team but have not yet out together a full 4 quarters of football. Lisle will be able to move the ball with their run game but Manteno will be able to put up points on a thin Lions squad. Lisle 26 Manteno 24

Peotone vs. Herscher - basically the same game as mentioned above. Herscher is ready fo the season to be over while Peotone is looking to clinch their 3rd straight playoff birth and trying to stay away from one of the Big 4 (IC, Byron, Princeton, Reed Custer) in the 1st round. Peotone 32 Herscher 12

Wilmington vs. Streator - pretty much the same as the two games mentioned above. Wilmington will continue to improve with hopes of playing their best ball here in a few weeks. Streator is already thinking about the warm gym and their Thanksgiving tournament for basketball. The Bulldogs will put up a fight but won’t be able to stop the ground and pound of the Wildcats. Wilmington 48 Streator 18

Reed-Custer vs. Coal City - the only advantage Coal City has here being at home, which will help them get home 10 minutes faster. The Comets are rolling and Coal City will give them the closest game of the season. The Comets get caught a little looking past the Coalers but still dominate. Reed-Custer 56 Coal City 20

On a side note, Monticello upset PBL last week and look to be another tough addition for 3A. I still think Prairie Central,is being overlooked in the North Bracket and will be able to challenge any of the big 4 and maybe pull off a win. Williamsville lost to Maroa in a crazy game where Williamsville fumbled inside the 5 yard line and Maroa answered with a score with about 1 minute left. Along with Tolono and Mt. Carmel, the battle for the south bracket will be a lot of fun, as long as Sacred Heart Griffin stays in 4A which looks less and less likely the closer we get.

Saw this on ihsa,

I was about to congratulate CC on not getting clocked but the RC subs scored a couple times and it's off to the races. Although it didn't happen until within the last minute.

Reed-Custer 58, Coal City 14 F

My score guys say Peotone beat Herscher 54-13, and Lisle beat Manteno 40-6. Pretty big margins across the board tonight.

Reactions: McEvergreen
I was about to congratulate CC on not getting clocked but the RC subs scored a couple times and it's off to the races. Although it didn't happen until within the last minute.

Reed-Custer 58, Coal City 14 F
The first 5 minutes of the game was enjoyable
Coalers played pretty good first half but Comets just too good. Both teams put bench players in after the middle of the third quarter. Smart move by both teams with playoffs this close

Coalers played pretty good first half but Comets just too good. Both teams put bench players in after the middle of the third quarter. Smart move by both teams with playoffs this close
CC came out throwing. Looked good on the first possession. RC need to shore up the pass D and the penalties to make it far in the playoffs.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Bottom of the conference starting to pack it in.

Prairie Central crushed Monticello at Monticello. Not too many do that to a Cullen Welter team.

Williamsville bounced back big time after giving the M-F game away and IC crushed B-Mac.

Tolono and Seneca both won again. Eureka lost and PBL lost it's 3rd straight after starting off 5-0.

Reactions: doctor_d
@Coalertown44 I thought CC played great in the 1st quarter offensively. The QB was playing well and you guys were moving the sticks. Finished off the first drive with a nice find for TD pass after some scrambling. The pick 6 before the half was the back breaker. You guys played them better than anyone else has, but they just have too many weapons.

Braidwood is good, really good for this conference. They have hole’s though. Pass defense and special teams will need to improve if they want to beat the big boys of 3A. The McPherson and Christian kids make that team go on offense and their run defense is legit.
Hopefully they can get a good draw and can hold off seeing IC or Princeton early

CC played hard but they just simply don’t have the athleticism to match Braidwood. CC needs to finish with a win at Streator and get a gift from the football Gods and get pushed to the South bracket where they can be an 8 or 9 seed

Peotone DOMINATES Herscher. Didn’t look like the Tigers wanted to be there tonight. The Tone was ready to roll and took care of business. Needed that win big time.

Lisle goes to work on the Panthers. Again a team needing to win make sure to leave no doubt. Lions need another one next week.

RC scoring machine doesn’t stop. 58 points on the Coaler defense and hearing the starters were out in the 3rd quarter. Congrats to the Comets on the Conference title.

Wilmington doing Wilmington things. James comes back after a week off and goes over 300 yards on the ground. Another win next week and the Cats will be primed to make another run in the playoffs. They are good enough to make some noise in 2A

Braidwood is good, really good for this conference. They have hole’s though. Pass defense and special teams will need to improve if they want to beat the big boys of 3A. The McPherson and Christian kids make that team go on offense and their run defense is legit.
Hopefully they can get a good draw and can hold off seeing IC or Princeton early

CC played hard but they just simply don’t have the athleticism to match Braidwood. CC needs to finish with a win at Streator and get a gift from the football Gods and get pushed to the South bracket where they can be an 8 or 9 seed
CC will have absolutely no issue with Streator and with a good draw can win a game or two.
As far as Braidwood and the big boys, I agree that the areas you mentioned should be cleaned up along with penalties. Keep in mind that they had Byron beat last year, and this year’s version of RC is quite a bit better than last year.

Man is that Herscher program a mess right now, that didn't take long
Yeah it’s pretty tough over there. Braidwood next week will not be pretty. I thought they played hard when they went to Wilmo, and they hit some big plays too, but they just got worn down.

In other news, Seneca is now 8-0 with a shutout over Central.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT