ADVERTISEMENT

ICE week 1 recap

doctor_d

Oct 9, 2016
‘Tone took care of business as expected. 55-14

Coalers put up a decent fight @ Morris, but eventually got worn down. I heard their QB1 also suffered an injury and didn’t play the second half. Unsure of his status. 31-12

Wilmo handled Hope a bit easier than I expected. After giving up an early score, adjustments were made, and Hope did little the rest of the way. 44-6

Manteno put up quite a few points vs Sandwich and won what looked to be a bit of a shootout. 54-32.

Streator pulled out the win vs Ike in what was maybe a mini upset. 20-12

Herscher got relatively handled by Chicago Christian. 34-14.

R-C got humbled by a decent EPG team. 28-6

It looks rough in Lisle. Scored the first TD then proceeded to give up 42 unanswered to a Harvard team that hadn’t won a game since 2021. 42-7

Overall 4-4 for the league.

Reactions: Swansa01
Peotone game was a $hit$how. 42-0 after first quarter.

Wilmington is Wilmington

Coal City looks like they put up a good fight.

Manteno looks legit. Impressive win.

Heard the team Streator was playing was not great and they snuck by.

Herscher score was a bit of a surprise. Thought they were gonna take a step this year.

Lisle, that was a big shock.

RC. I think EP Gridley is better than a lot of people think they are. That said, not a great result.

‘Tone took care of business as expected. 55-14

Coalers put up a decent fight @ Morris, but eventually got worn down. I heard their QB1 also suffered an injury and didn’t play the second half. Unsure of his status. 31-12

Wilmo handled Hope a bit easier than I expected. After giving up an early score, adjustments were made, and Hope did little the rest of the way. 44-6

Manteno put up quite a few points vs Sandwich and won what looked to be a bit of a shootout. 54-32.

Streator pulled out the win vs Ike in what was maybe a mini upset. 20-12

Herscher got relatively handled by Chicago Christian. 34-14.

R-C got humbled by a decent EPG team. 28-6

It looks rough in Lisle. Scored the first TD then proceeded to give up 42 unanswered to a Harvard team that hadn’t won a game since 2021. 42-7

Overall 4-4 for the league.
Chicago Christian’s new HC was the sophomore HC at Mt Carmel. I think this is a program that is going to do some good things under him. Excited to watch them over the next few years.

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about the Coalers. That team fought much harder than the last to years teams. That's good for the conference. Manteno putt up some points. This may be the team with the best chance of knocking off wilmo. If they can protect the qb and score on all drives.

Reactions: doctor_d
Chicago Christian’s new HC was the sophomore HC at Mt Carmel. I think this is a program that is going to do some good things under him. Excited to watch them over the next few years.
Nice start for them, but it remains to be seen what’s up with Herscher.
I heard they might be on the rebound, but they’ve been pretty rough since COVID.

Nice start for them, but it remains to be seen what’s up with Herscher.
I heard they might be on the rebound, but they’ve been pretty rough since COVID.
I was at the game and Herscher left me shaking my head. They had some success running the ball against CC, so they decided to start passing. Bad choice. So they went back to the run game and had some success again. So they started passing again. I think the QB was picked off 4 times. I don't get it. Anyway, I'll take the win !

I was on the initial interview committee for him. He blew the room away. I still can't believe Chicago Christian got him. Yes, we are all very excited to watch them over the next few years

Chicago Christian is on the rise and has a good coach.

El Paso isn't a bad team at all. I am not surprised by the outcome at all. Thought RC would put up more of a fight.

Expected more of a game in Wilmington and Hope but Wilmington has proven how tough they are to play, especially at home.

Streator beat a very, very bad Eisenhower team.

Something must have happened to Lisle, injuries, kids in trouble, or something. But I have heard Harvard is on the rebound, maybe not playoffs yet but will win some games.

Coal City fought hard but not hard enough.

Manteno jumped on Sandwich and never looked back. Looks like some huge improvements from the Panthers this year.

I was on the initial interview committee for him. He blew the room away. I still can't believe Chicago Christian got him. Yes, we are all very excited to watch them over the next few years
I’m hoping he stays for awhile. I really think that place can be a 2A/3A title contender. They used to have some really good teams and in a great area for talent.

Reactions: forlouann
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT