ADVERTISEMENT

ICE Round 1

Well, almost time...Does Manteno catch a few breaks, hang onto the ball and contain Marengo's running attack?... I think they keep it close....but home field advantage does them in...

Well, almost time...Does Manteno catch a few breaks, hang onto the ball and contain Marengo's running attack?... I think they keep it close....but home field advantage does them in...
I want them to win but that’s a long road trip. Hoping a few things go their way, penalties, turnovers. Keep it close going into the 4th and pull one out. Go Panthers

Still have bad memories of a trip up to Marengo in 96.

What happened in that game? We played you guys first game of the season and Anderson ran wild. I thought he was unstoppable. Figured you guys were a lock to get to the title game.

Marengo was pretty tough. Broke a couple big plays, they had a 6’6” WR that was a beast. Wilmington was flagged for like 150 yards in penalties, kinda questionable (at least very untimely). Seemed like any big play was brought back. Think we lost the turnover battle too.

This Wilmo game just doesn't feel like a playoff game...Lisle crowd is sparse...1q ended with the play clock running with less than a second on the game clock, no penalty on Wilmo...Lisle ran out 2d without even trying to throw after their scoring drive was roughing the punter on 4 & forever and a bunch of passes...

Reactions: Curtain 25
Lisle takes kickoff, penalty on Cats, a bunch of fakes to the jet sweep and keepers right down the field...td, xp run stuffed...

14-12 wilmo

ICE is 1-2 going into today...good luck to the Devils & Coalers...

Coal City (-45)...CC
Will. (-19).....Wilm.
Peotone (-8)....Peotone
Manteno (+10)...Marengo

Manteno completely missed the spread...

Reents being a nice guy cost the tie against the spread. After the Lisle turnover with 4 minutes to play, the Cats got a first down at the 4ish yard line with 2 minutes left. First down gave the ball to the fullback on the dive to try for his second career td. Stopped at 1. Then went Victory formation...

I expect Hall-Peotone to be a VERY good game. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Hall has one of their better players back from suspension mid-season... they are not the Hall of yesteryear under legendary coach Vincini when they were winning titles but this is a very well coached team.

They haven’t had a ton of tough games on the schedule this year, but the late season loss to Princeton looks more respectable after Princetons dominant win last nite in rd 1.

I don’t know much about Peotone but I am predicting Hall wins in OT 32-27

Getting ugly. Hall fumbled, devil player came out with it but refs gives ball to Hall and ptown coach storms the field, flagged for unsportsmanlike

Not a super great showing so far. Peotone and Manteno shut out and beaten convincingly.
Two teams remain.
I’d like to think that both advance again next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT