ADVERTISEMENT

ICE Round 1

Not a super great showing so far. Peotone and Manteno shut out and beaten convincingly.
Two teams remain.
I’d like to think that both advance again next week.
..Agreed...some scores around the state scare me...

Not a super great showing so far. Peotone and Manteno shut out and beaten convincingly.
Two teams remain.
I’d like to think that both advance again next week.

Probably because the ICE is a heaping pile of garbage.

Also doesn’t help though that lisle and Wilmo played first round. I thought Peotone had a decent chance to win today. Oh well. Let’s just hope for deep run from our big dogs.

Reactions: Coalertown44
3A is kind of strange this year Round 1. The only "upsets" were the 8-9 games.

The lower seeds in the north you expect to lose...Seneca, for example, only played one 3A team all year, and 3 wins against Iroquois West 1-8 (0-9 Hoopeston), Momence 1-8, and 3-6 Dwight (who beat 0-9 Hoopeston, Reed Custer's only win). Eureka didn't play any 3A teams, but clearly was tested in losses to Fieldcrest & GCMS, hammered the public league team round 1. Durand Du-Pec coop didn't play any 3A teams, but Lena Winslow has what 3 Iowa commits, hammered public league team round 1. Paxton's only 3A opponent was Seneca, but tested in losses to Clifton Central and GCMS, hammered public league team round 1. Farmington played only 2 3A teams, lost to 9-0 1A & 9-0 2A, beat Seneca round 1...

Peotone & Lisle had the misfortune to play round 1 against true 3A opponents from 3A conferences...They are probably favorites against 9 of the 3A north...

Round 2...Princeton running clocked Hall in the regular season, so that game won't be pretty...Wilmington shouldn't have much trouble with Eureka. Byron shouldn't have any trouble with Du-Pec. Farmington hosting Paxton is a pick'em...

Definitely not a good weekend for the Conference. Wilmington and CC should get to the quarter finals but it will touch and go after that

Wilmington game should be fairly close. A score or two either way just based on their playing style.
I’d say CC is a 3-4 score favorite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT