ADVERTISEMENT

IC v. Pleasant Plains

No offense to anyone but this Pleasant Plains team isn’t a championship game caliber team. I thought the same last year.

I really don’t want to take anything away from IC, they are good especially last year but these 3a games are ridiculous. They truly don’t belong down there and yes I know they played down to the wire last week.

Very good point Irish. How often does the 3A south put up a quality team in the championship? Not many.

Aurora Christian rolled in 2011 and 2012. Bmac rolled in 2015. IC rolled in 2016 and 2017. None of the scores in these 5 games were close.

IC last year coulda won 4a. This year not so much but still a great team.

Was nice they got QB 3 in there at the end to take the last few snaps.
Agreed on both points. If their QB was healthy they would have been really good again. How often you see a team win state title 35-0 with a 3rd string QB. IC-Rochester would be fun next year.

Agreed on both points. If their QB was healthy they would have been really good again. How often you see a team win state title 35-0 with a 3rd string QB. IC-Rochester would be fun next year.

Yeah Ricobene was like another Eatman running around who could also accurately sling it all over. Damn near impossible for 3A’s to keep up with that.

Reactions: Irish LB

That is the point. Depth. If you think for one minute ic could hang with any 4or 5a team where they belong you are crazy.

What do we learn from this game? Speed kills on turf. IC is deeper than most 3A schools talent wise (their hoops team blasted Peotone Monday without their football players, and most 3A size schools winter sports need their football players just to field a team).

PP ran out of gas - and IC had several cuts on long runs which probably don't work on grass. But they played on turf...Congrats IC...Welcome to 4A...

Why would IC petition up to 4A when they can stay in 3A and be a wrecking ball? Driscoll never petitioned up. AC never petitioned up when they won back to back. Neither did Stillman Valley.

Here’s the reality. Programs rise and fall. It’s not easy to stay on top. AC hasn’t won a playoff game since 2013, will lose their multiplier and drop to 1A next year.

I didn’t think they were moving up next year. The way I read the rule was after 4 years then it goes into effect. So in two more years they move up. Can someone clarify.

If you make the finals two years in a row you are moved up a class for the next two years.

Ic will be 4a next year, if you make the championship game twice in a four year span you get moved up, they don't wait four years before the Success Factor is initiated. they will play Joliet catholic and Althoff catholic in non conference games.

Rochester don't return no one next year. Should be IC's to lose.

Rochester brings back plenty next year. Sophmore class is very talented and has great size. There has been several years where Rochester has brought back much less after winning a title.

Amazing how after 7 titles in 8 years you still get the annual "no way they can win state next year" foolish statements.

Reactions: rjjm218
Ic will be 4a next year, if you make the championship game twice in a four year span you get moved up, they don't wait four years before the Success Factor is initiated. they will play Joliet catholic and Althoff catholic in non conference games.

Oh ok. Thanks. What happens after the bump up.

Rochester brings back plenty next year. Sophmore class is very talented and has great size. There has been several years where Rochester has brought back much less after winning a title.

Amazing how after 7 titles in 8 years you still get the annual "no way they can win state next year" foolish statements.
They return a few starters. The well has finally run dry.

ebs and flows, bruh.
You could be right, brofessor. Not saying you're not. But, I've seen a lot of flow from Rochester the last 8 years. Haven't seen much ebbing. We shall see about 2018.

Last edited:
Rochester is a top notch program, they will develop their kids like they have done for the last decade. Make no mistake they are kings in 4A. Very high quality coaching staff, phenomenal product year after year. They will be there in 2018

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT