ADVERTISEMENT

IC Home field

USD24

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Joliet
Does IC play its home games on campus? If not, where do they play?

It's an office campus complex with their football and baseball field.... get there early or plan to stand. They have a very small visitor bleacher on the same side of the field as the home bleacher and they will literally police the home bleacher to keep visitors from accessing it.... several years ago attended a playoff game where Aurora Christian was visitor and when I went to sit in main bleacher they asked if I was an IC supporter and I said I live in the area and am basically a neutral observer.... they asked what town I lived in and when I told them.... they allowed me in since it was a nearyby town that they assumed would be more IC friendly!

Last edited:
It's an office campus complex with their football and baseball field.... get there early or plan to stand. They have a very small visitor bleacher on the same side of the field as the home bleacher and they will literally police the home bleacher to keep visitors from accessing it.... several years ago attended a playoff game where Aurora Christian was visitor and when I went to sit in main bleacher they asked if I was an IC supporter and I said I live in the area and am basically a neutral observer.... they asked what town I lived in and when I told them.... they allowed me in since it was a nearyby town that they assumed would be more IC friendly!

And I should add, even the standing is on one side of field only. The football field doubles as the baseball field outfield.... its one continuous piece of turf so they can't put stands behind the visiting sideline on the turf and even the standing visiting fans have to be on home side. I think it kills the environment (as it does at any stadium where everyone is one one side). With JCA's big week 1 win and a strong opponent I would guess JCA will travel well and ICCP will have their usual large contingent. I assume the seating/standing/crowd situation will be a real %#@$ fest.... can't wait to hear about it starting Friday night!

This section in the corner is the totality of the visitor section:

DSC_0201-32.jpg

20150855e49a9306e13.png

You can stand in the end zones or along the visiting team sidelines.
I was at that Aurora Christian playoff game in 2013. Definitely not enough seating at ICCP.

Good luck to both teams. Should be a lot of fun!

You can stand in the end zones or along the visiting team sidelines.
I was at that Aurora Christian playoff game in 2013. Definitely not enough seating at ICCP.

Good luck to both teams. Should be a lot of fun!

I've been to several ICCP games and don't recall anyone on the turf of the visiting sideline but perhaps you can and I missed it. If that's available I'd take it over sitting on home side.

Here is a video from the 2013 AC @ IC week 10 playoff game.

There is seating available in the end zone behind the fence/under the scoreboard. Go to the 20:25 mark in the video to see. You can also stand behind the opposite end zone fence.

Here is a video from the 2013 AC @ IC week 10 playoff game.

There is seating available in the end zone behind the fence/under the scoreboard. Go to the 20:25 mark in the video to see. You can also stand behind the opposite end zone fence.

I never said you couldn't be behind the fence behind the one end zone... there's a sidewalk there so obviously you can be there. Idk for sure but the seats behind the other end zone may have been added for playoff game requirements (see image below, no bleachers, just standing/sitting in grass area.... (maybe they will add for this game if not usually there)...but as i said (as you can see in video) fans can't stand on visiting teams sideline.... everyone there is school personnel, trainers, chain gang, etc
DSC_0202-32.jpg

DSC_0198-32.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat Box
Nice field but not much room to sit or stand

It reminds me more of a place to watch a grade school game. Don't get me wrong it's a great field but the sitting and standing room I would rank a 2 or a 3 on a 1 to 10 scale.

That grassy hill right before the trees looks like a great place to pitch the Dicks collapsible lawn chair that hasn’t seen any work in many many years!

1. I love the small field environs.

2. JCA is very likely the best traveling team (fans-wise) in the state. So, this could get interesting. I have seen JCA fans arrive early than home field fans and occupy ... well lots of the home field seats. But we are a nice lot.

Reactions: Cat Box

2. JCA is very likely the best traveling team (fans-wise) in the state. So, this could get interesting. I have seen JCA fans arrive early than home field fans and occupy ... well lots of the home field seats. But we are a nice lot.

I've heard people complain that IC doesn't open their gate soon enough to let everyone lay their blankets out and save seats for friends and relatives. Be prepared to wait a bit or maybe bring a lawn chair. Google satellite view shows lots of room on the north side of the field by what looks to be the scoreboard. No bleachers there, just grass.

I can't tell you how many times I have been to Plunkett field. They have made some major improvements. The field prior to the installation of field turf was similar in may ways to MCC back when MCC had wooden benches on the West Side of the field.
Good for IC.

Better be on the look out for HHS on the grassy knolls IC.

I think Edgy gave him the death penalty. I don’t think he can resurrect himself for a 3rd time! Kinda like Voldemort from the Harry Potter books - once all the horcruxes are found and destroyed - it’s the end!

Reactions: Gene K.
Nope I just looked, his BBCHS handle still exists as do the posts, but he hasn’t been seen on here since May 30. I’m guessing he’s back and impersonating as one of these new crazies to the board. Start looking for the patterns he’s out there somewhere!

I think Edgy gave him the death penalty. I don’t think he can resurrect himself for a 3rd time! Kinda like Voldemort from the Harry Potter books - once all the horcruxes are found and destroyed - it’s the end!

Nope I just looked, his BBCHS handle still exists as do the posts, but he hasn’t been seen on here since May 30. I’m guessing he’s back and impersonating as one of these new crazies to the board. Start looking for the patterns he’s out there somewhere!

I think there is a way to block a user but not eliminate the posts/history. Just as posts and threads can be flushed without flushing the poster.

I laid some bait in the Phillips thread - but no takers. He’s a Wiley one! You would think he couldn’t stand it and would be in on some of the I8 threads with Wilmo, coaler, Herscher etc. I been watching but have not spotted him yet!!

I think Naz is a great place to watch a game
You must have been in the home stands. The stands with wheels and jack stands really are bad. If it rains while sitting on them, they sink and tilt. Can’t sit in first four rows because there up against the players standing on the sideline. Can’t see over them. Not whining either. Just stating a fact. No parking either. This is another thread in itself. JCA has a huge following on the road. Makes it worse. I get there early so I can get a high seat and hope it doesn’t rain. Sounds like IC will be worse. Will see.

I stood in the endzone and loved the vantage point. Close to the field. I prefer being down low

Each his own. I love it up high so I can see formations and gaps. JCA running team. Love to see the guard pulls and stunts. Poetry in motion when done right.

Reactions: Gene K.
The bleachers are inadequate...people complain about Manteno's lack of visitor's seating, but at least Manteno has a visitors' side...That said, if you look at the actual enrollment of IC in the 320's and compare the seating to your average rural 1A or small 2A school, the bleachers aren't that bad...That said, they regularly have 1000+ student opponents play there, so you would think that they would upgrade...And yes, the parking is horrific...JCA, regularly playing in 10,000 seat Memorial Stadium, fans will have problems finding seating & parking..

My take on Plunkett is that it shows how an urban program has to shoehorn multiple facilities onto the same property...the baseball infield is in the northwest corner of the property, and the bleachers are on the east side of the football field - i.e. behind left center in baseball...When I've been there they also had a smallish set of bleachers in the south endzone., well back of the end line...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT