ADVERTISEMENT

IC 35 Montini 16

Is it really surprising? Montini has consistently gone down hill since Coach A retired and IC is a 3A powerhouse.

Montini wasn’t even preseason ranked in 3A this year. How crazy is that to say?

Reactions: Gene K.
Fair, but i thought the Broncos had talent and were ready for a bounce back. I know they lost a player or two to the portal. Just didn’t see that score coming.

Reactions: colin2229
Montini's best player went to IMG. They have been sliding downwards for the last 4 years. The number of talented players has thinned out.

Lower levels always seem to continue to do well.

Last edited:
Montini's best player went to IMG. They have been sliding downwards for the last 4 years. The number of talented players has thinned out.

What is going on at Montini? They always got the kids to transfer there and now the kids are leaving Montini.

Not to be harsh but an un-ranked 3A program is unacceptable for the Broncos.

I had heard (not sure if it was true) that the Borsalino’s (sp) we’re very involved in the youth leagues in the area and got loads of kids to go to Montini. Perhaps one of the reasons?

A big reason St Francis has improved is a funnel in the youth leagues.

Last edited:
Frosh

Montini 33 Benet 6

Soph

Montini 28 IC 6

Once again the lower levels still doing well like they do every year but the Varsity has been suspect over the past few years.

Last edited:
Frosh

Montini 33 Benet 6

Soph

Montini 28 IC 6

Once again the lower levels still doing well like they do every year but the Varsity has been suspect over the past few years.
Wassup…why do you suspect this is?

Wassup…why do you suspect this is?

I dont know. Montini has lost a lot of very good players after soph year and they don't seem to get the big transfers in from other schools onto the Varsity team like the past.

But even Naz is not getting the same number of very talented players on their Varsity roster like they did.

I dont know. Montini has lost a lot of very good players after soph year and they don't seem to get the big transfers in from other schools onto the Varsity team like the past.

But even Naz is not getting the same number of very talented players on their Varsity roster like they did.
Players leaving Montini after their sophomore year seems very odd.

Not getting players to come to the program and players leaving the program are different issues.

Parents must feel something is off in the varsity program.

What is going on at Montini? They always got the kids to transfer there and now the kids are leaving Montini.

Not to be harsh but an un-ranked 3A program is unacceptable for the Broncos.
This may be stupid but could it be that all the kids from Driscoll and their legacies have finally run out. No more little brothers of the stud WR that killed JCA.

This may be stupid but could it be that all the kids from Driscoll and their legacies have finally run out. No more little brothers of the stud WR that killed JCA.
I never bought into this narrative (not saying it’s not true).

It sounds like the story is that lower level programs are doing very well but it’s not transitioning into the varsity level however. That is pretty concerning.

IC is a beast of a program. Won 4A a couple years ago. They’ve had teams that maybe coulda won 5A or 6A. It’s more about IC being great than Montini being down IMHO.

The last year the Broncos finally lost to Sycamore in the playoffs I felt things were changing.

IC is a beast of a program. Won 4A a couple years ago. They’ve had teams that maybe coulda won 5A or 6A. It’s more about IC being great than Montini being down IMHO.
Nah, it’s bigger than that. Montini should never lose to IC like this.

Good to see the old SCC reunite in non-conference though!!!

Nah, it’s bigger than that. Montini should never lose to IC like this.

Good to see the old SCC reunite in non-conference though!!!
Face value … sure.
Keep in mind that recently IC absolutely throttled JCA regular season and JCA went on to win 5A. An early loss to IC might sting but don’t mean it’s time to fold up the tent.

Bukovsky took Montini to the title game already. He's a very good coach.

Losing to IC is nothing to be ashamed of.

• Love
Bukovsky took Montini to the title game already. He's a very good coach.

Losing to IC is nothing to be ashamed of.
They were down 35-6 in the fourth.
They almost lost to Leo last year.
They won 3 games last year.
They are in 3A and are un-ranked.

This is Montini. The standard is better than this.

Something is wrong.

A lot of things run in cycles. Montini had a great run for years. As did Provi. They both fell off a bit. And now they need to come back. IC is doing a great job!
Falling off is a 6-3 season for Montini. Not what we’ve seen for for the past 10 games.

They better hope they win these next (4) games or it’s another no playoffs in Lombard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT