ADVERTISEMENT

I think Mt Carmel might be really good by end of the year.

Mateesen14

Nov 14, 2003
A lot of penalties on both sides early, and costly penalties late for Carmel. I think The Hawks had a good game plan playing soft in the secondary and lived with a bunch of 4-8 yd receptions and not allowing Carmel to run at all. BUT...I think Carmel has some athletes and if the QB gains confidence throwing down the field and opens up the running game, this could be a very good offense. I haven’t been this impressed with open field tackling as Mt Carmel tonight in a long time. One bad bounce pic 6 was the difference. I think my hawks look good, but Carmel should be playing Thanksgiving weekend if they clean up

Both defenses played great. MS looked much more comfortable coming out of the weather delay and made some good adjustments. I wish MC would’ve run the ball a little more, but they were in the game the whole time. It really was a fluke pick 6 (heads up play by #5). Hopefully MC recovers and corrects their mistakes in time for LA. If the defense plays like they did today and the offense can catch on, I could see MC running the table in the Green and making some noise in the playoffs. Good luck to MS the rest of the way. Hope Inserra isn’t injured too badly.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
I would too, but lost to DLS last season, not sure what Marmion or STL has really. Fenwick looks down this season. Just thinking that the offense looked out of sync tonight and if they lose to LA next week you never know how HS kids will respond to a 1-2 start.

Two great defenses tonight. Every time I thought Rad was going to break it on the outside a Hawk player flew over and got him. We really came out pumped it, that rain delay hurt

I’ll say this too, the veer would not have worked against that defense. They were way to fast, they gobbled up the inside and outside run. It really was a good old school defensive game. MC was in it until the last drive, if Davis hangs on to that ball at the goal line, we may have had a OT thriller. Tip of the cap to both teams.

Take nothing away from MSs well coached and athletic defense but MC looked out of synch with the newly installed spread offense. Time should correct and improve this. Not something you want to still be in testing mode when playing LA, etc. Overall it was a great game and good “sounding board “ for both teams. Back up QB for Hawks looked good.

Holy penalties! Not what you would expect from these two teams. Minus the first play the Hawks defense was stout. I love the new MC offense but I wonder with that huge Oline if they should have waited a year. They will win plenty of games and definitely have a few threats on offense. Good luck to them moving forward.

Reactions: McCaravan
Take nothing away from MSs well coached and athletic defense but MC looked out of synch with the newly installed spread offense. Time should correct and improve this. Not something you want to still be in testing mode when playing LA, etc. Overall it was a great game and good “sounding board “ for both teams. Back up QB for Hawks looked good.

Prob no word yet on starters injury status- but would MS be smarter to start backup moving forward? A more complete, pocket qb from what this board and media has said.

Prob no word yet on starters injury status- but would MS be smarter to start backup moving forward? A more complete, pocket qb from what this board and media has said.
I don’t believe so. Inserra is a dual threat and forces the defense to worry about him running. Either QB will get the job done though.

MC looked completely different after the delay. Inserra’s staff is so good at making adjustments. Both will make very deep playoff runs, if not win it all.

Holy penalties! Not what you would expect from these two teams. Minus the first play the Hawks defense was stout. I love the new MC offense but I wonder with that huge Oline if they should have waited a year. They will win plenty of games and definitely have a few threats on offense. Good luck to them moving forward.
We’ve recruited for veer offense, it’s going to take some time to change...we have a large stable of RBs and are light on the WRs for the same reason. Let me tell you something though MS4EVER, my son said you guys were the “coolest” team he ever faced. Players helping our guys up, telling our guys “Nice hit!”. Asking if we were all right after tackles. You guys moved up a big notch with me. First class.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
We’ve recruited for veer offense, it’s going to take some time to change...we have a large stable of RBs and are light on the WRs for the same reason. Let me tell you something though MS4EVER, my son said you guys were the “coolest” team he ever faced. Players helping our guys up, telling our guys “Nice hit!”. Asking if we were all right after tackles. You guys moved up a big notch with me. First class.
That would p!$$ me off.

MS and MC act like they’ve been there before...because they have. The fans coaches and players have always been class acts.

Reactions: McCaravan

This is really a fun team to be around. I find that the best MS teams are good guys on and off the field. A close knit group that I have enjoyed for four years.
MC seems to have all the makings of a very good team. Great special teams too!

No Gately dogs for me. Had a Snickers bar though during the delay.

I would too, but lost to DLS last season, not sure what Marmion or STL has really. Fenwick looks down this season. Just thinking that the offense looked out of sync tonight and if they lose to LA next week you never know how HS kids will respond to a 1-2 start.
Not trying to pump my Maine South chest, but by s
This is the biggest compliment a program can get. I love MS has Swag High reputation for confidence, but the fact they compete like gentlemen is a great reflection of Coach Bliss and Inserra. Respecting opponents and appreciating competition goes far beyond the HS football field. Always root for the Caravan because they have done it right forever. Now just get back to the Blue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT